Priceline Bids/results

Just a single night--visiting family in Naples, so we'll drive up for the day (we have APs). Just didn't want to drive 3 hours each way and spend a full day in the park, so decided to stay overnight. :)

Just did my first ever Priceline express booking. Got the B Resort and Spa by Disney Springs for only $82/night! We're going April 12-21 2018. I'm super excited since the hotel looks really nice. It's just me and my boyfriend going so we're glad this seems like a more adult-centered hotel. We're excited about the pool and pool bar as well.
Hip, hip, hooray!!! You snagged a great deal! ::yes::::yes::::yes:::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

GAYLORD PALMS is doing a Flash Sale - Ends March 25th

deals_custom_FLASH139_542x184.jpg

72 Hour Flash Sale - Don't wait a moment longer to plan your getaway to Gaylord Palms Resort with special low rates!

Save on average over $90 per night during this limited time offer!

Discover our first-class destination with fun for everyone. Gaylord Palms Resort is close to all the major theme parks and attractions, offering guests all the excitement and energy of the Orlando area!

Dates of Availability:
• April 1-3, 12-15, 20-24, 27-28
• May 2-3, 10-14, 18-19, 27-31

Only 250 Promotional Room Nights Available!

Reservations
Be sure that promotional code PX3 appears in the Corporate/Promotional code box when making your online reservation, or call 1-407-586-2000 in the US and ask for promotional code PX3. For toll-free numbers outside the US please click here.

• Valid through: May 31, 2018
  • Promotional Code: PX3 What's this?

Marriott Booking

There are some sites out there that discuss this (not sure if I can list them here). Generally, Disney Resorts will be 3-4 stars. They will be one of the few that have no resort fee and have free parking listed as an amenity (although you probably can't bank on it now). If you spend a lot of time on Hotwire or Priceline, you can figure it out. I've been looking everyday for the past 2 weeks and I started to get good at it. I think it peak Disney times, though, you won't really see a lot of them. In reading some other sites, it looked like there were some good choices in the fall and then again in January.

How do you know if you've got it figured out or not? Since you have to book to find out what the deal is, how can you check if you were?

I was playing around with my dates and one of the sites (can't remember if it was priceline or expedia) say it's guaranteed to be one of these 4 hotels. One time, one was AKL, which I would have booked, but was afraid it would have been one of the others. My dates are early November, and I assume Disney doesn't book this far out with those kind of deals, but don't know for sure.

How do you know if you've got it figured out or not? Since you have to book to find out what the deal is, how can you check if you were?

I was playing around with my dates and one of the sites (can't remember if it was priceline or expedia) say it's guaranteed to be one of these 4 hotels. One time, one was AKL, which I would have booked, but was afraid it would have been one of the others. My dates are early November, and I assume Disney doesn't book this far out with those kind of deals, but don't know for sure.
Opaque booking sites are not for folks who require 100% certainty of the hotel they're getting. By looking at amenities, guest ratings, number of reviews, etc., you can get close to 100% certainty. Like Christine said, one needs to "spend a lot of time" to build confidence!

Opaque booking sites are not for folks who require 100% certainty of the hotel they're getting. By looking at amenities, guest ratings, number of reviews, etc., you can get close to 100% certainty. Like Christine said, one needs to "spend a lot of time" to build confidence!

I’m just trying to figure out how to check my answers so I can build that confidence.

I think you did the right thing if you were not perfectly happy with all 4 choices.

Priceline and Hotwire are a crap shoot. In exchange for knowing exactly what hotel you get and any hotel loyalty program amenities you get a discounted price. For Priceline Express Deals I compare the Express Deal hotel with the hotels in the same area on the regular booking tool by (like @Animal) selecting the same amenities and looking at amenities, guest ratings, number of reviews and bed choice (if there). I can usually narrow it down to a couple of possibilities. I then go to www.betterbidding.com to the appropriate forum for the city I am considering and I see which of the hotels comes up more frequently. Better Bidding also has lists of hotels that have come up on Priceline with their amenities.

I used Better Bidding and when I thought I had found what I wanted, I used their forums. A moderator will generally answer you in a few hours and tell you which hotel they think it is and why they think it's that hotel. For instance, where I booked, it is only one of 3 hotels in that Priceline area that offers a free breakfast and free parking and has a 90% positive rating. Priceline and Hotwire also book "open" reservations so you can actually compare your opaque choice with another based on stars, percentage ratings, and amenities. Your opaque reservation will also say something like: This deal is a 54% savings. You then go to the open reservation that you *think* is your hotel, look at the price, multiply by 54% and it should come up to the rate of your opaque option. You might be a dollar off due to rounding.

For Disney resorts, one way to narrow it down is that they are one of few hotels in the Bonnet Creek Zone that has no resort fee (with the exception of the Swan/Dolphin). Not saying they are the only ones without the fee but you can use other factors to narrow it down. The value and moderates, for instance, won't offer a "bed choice" but a hotel will (King or two queens).

Again, it's not guaranteed but you can get pretty close. But you have to be willing to settle for what you get so if your resort is super important, then don't do it.

Also, if you go through Better Bidding once you decide, they are always offering coupons if you just click the Hotwire/Priceline links through them, so I got an additional 5% off. Some of their previous coupons were more than that.

I used Better Bidding and when I thought I had found what I wanted, I used their forums. A moderator will generally answer you in a few hours and tell you which hotel they think it is and why they think it's that hotel. For instance, where I booked, it is only one of 3 hotels in that Priceline area that offers a free breakfast and free parking and has a 90% positive rating. Priceline and Hotwire also book "open" reservations so you can actually compare your opaque choice with another based on stars, percentage ratings, and amenities. Your opaque reservation will also say something like: This deal is a 54% savings. You then go to the open reservation that you *think* is your hotel, look at the price, multiply by 54% and it should come up to the rate of your opaque option. You might be a dollar off due to rounding.

For Disney resorts, one way to narrow it down is that they are one of few hotels in the Bonnet Creek Zone that has no resort fee (with the exception of the Swan/Dolphin). Not saying they are the only ones without the fee but you can use other factors to narrow it down. The value and moderates, for instance, won't offer a "bed choice" but a hotel will (King or two queens).

Again, it's not guaranteed but you can get pretty close. But you have to be willing to settle for what you get so if your resort is super important, then don't do it.

Also, if you go through Better Bidding once you decide, they are always offering coupons if you just click the Hotwire/Priceline links through them, so I got an additional 5% off. Some of their previous coupons were more than that.

Thank you! This is exactly the kind of strategy I'm looking for. I'm not super wedded to a particular hotel, but there are some I'd be excited about and others that would be a bit disappointing (but still okay). I definitely need a bit more practice before I try booking this way.

Thank you! This is exactly the kind of strategy I'm looking for. I'm not super wedded to a particular hotel, but there are some I'd be excited about and others that would be a bit disappointing (but still okay). I definitely need a bit more practice before I try booking this way.
If you would like to get our input on what a priceline express hotel likely is, you're welcome to post the stats here and we can help ya out. zone, stars, number of reviews, rating, amenities, price, dates

For Disney resorts, one way to narrow it down is that they are one of few hotels in the Bonnet Creek Zone that has no resort fee (with the exception of the Swan/Dolphin).
The Swan and Dolphin do have resort fees. Is that what you meant?

I am unfamiliar with those two hotels but are they on the same property?

Yes, basically they are. The OP was speaking about receiving an upgrade to the Waldorf Astoria, after getting a priceline deal of $82 a night for the Hilton Bonnet Creek. AMAZING SCORE! The Waldorf is one of 3 true luxury hotels when visiting WDW.

Update for my $82/nt rate at Hilton Bonnet Creek--when we arrived on Tuesday, they informed us that we had received a complimentary upgrade to the Waldorf! We had a GREAT stay! :)

Was that upgrade done by Hilton when you got there or was it by Priceline?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts