Priceline Bids/results

Just letting you all know I got the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort $60 night for 4 nights. By the time they add the hotel fee and Priceline fees and taxes, my amount per night will be about $81 per night total. The Sheraton is a 4* and is a nice hotel with a good location to Disney. My dates are 4 nights April 14,15,16,17, 2018.
That's a great price!

D

Which Disney resorts did you book using hotwire hot rates? Do you have a link to a help site confirming this?

AFAIK Disney operated hotels don't participate with any opaque booking site
WDW Swan and Dolphin shows up on both Priceline and Hotwire. On Hotwire, it is in the WDW - Bonnet Creek area as a 4 star with the following amenities: resort, free internet, no smoking, fitness center, pool, restaurants, business center and pet friendly. It has 4 of 5 TripAdvisor bubbles. This is according to: http://www.hoteldealsrevealed.com/hotelinventory/hotwire/fl/orlando. I'm trying to snag this but it hasn't come up for my travel dates yet.

Just saw this thread and thought I would mention my experience with Priceline express. A few weeks out we decided to take a last viewing of Wishes trip. Our dates were the last Saturday and Sunday of March, 2017. Somewhere I read people were finding Disney Resorts on Priceline Express. When I looked at Priceline for my dates I excluded all but the Walt Disney World neighborhoods they list. From what came up you could figure out if you probably had a Disney Resort, and which one. You could compare the price on a normal listing for the hotel you want and the discounted price on an express deal with the percentage. You also have the area, and the guest rating. I got Port Orleans French Quarter. All in we paid about $252 for both nights. I was playing around later in the year (maybe a month or two later) and Priceline offered me the express deal on POFQ and told me what resort it was before booking as a return guest. I didn't book it as I was just cooking around checking for someone else. I was also able to add extra days to the original deal if I wanted to.

Priceline was very good to us, we got the cheapest hotel we could find knowing we were just going to crash and shower. We got to the hotel and it smelled like smoke in a non smoking room. They gave my money back and moved me sonewhere else. We were unhappy with the hotel from the start, but you have to check in before you can get your money back... hotwire is much easier to deal with. Priceline But we did stay in AK for 150 a night plus fees.... that was the best deal.
I got it using the free parking, and airport shuttle

Just saw this thread and thought I would mention my experience with Priceline express. A few weeks out we decided to take a last viewing of Wishes trip. Our dates were the last Saturday and Sunday of March, 2017. Somewhere I read people were finding Disney Resorts on Priceline Express. When I looked at Priceline for my dates I excluded all but the Walt Disney World neighborhoods they list. From what came up you could figure out if you probably had a Disney Resort, and which one. You could compare the price on a normal listing for the hotel you want and the discounted price on an express deal with the percentage. You also have the area, and the guest rating. I got Port Orleans French Quarter. All in we paid about $252 for both nights. I was playing around later in the year (maybe a month or two later) and Priceline offered me the express deal on POFQ and told me what resort it was before booking as a return guest. I didn't book it as I was just cooking around checking for someone else. I was also able to add extra days to the original deal if I wanted to.
You got a fabulous deal on POFQ!!!

Priceline was very good to us, we got the cheapest hotel we could find knowing we were just going to crash and shower. We got to the hotel and it smelled like smoke in a non smoking room. They gave my money back and moved me sonewhere else. We were unhappy with the hotel from the start, but you have to check in before you can get your money back... hotwire is much easier to deal with. Priceline But we did stay in AK for 150 a night plus fees.... that was the best deal.
I got it using the free parking, and airport shuttle
Just curious...what was the first, cheapest hotel that you chose? Thanks! (Great deal on AK!)

We just got a $120 per night stay at the Hyatt Place Orlando/Lake Buena Vista for May 2018. None of the Disney resorts were coming up with the exception of The Swan ($268) and what I believe is probably the Grand Floridian.

This room is actually for my son who is on a bit of a budget. He finally gave up on a on-site resort but wanted free breakfast and free parking (he has a rental).

They do have a shuttle to the various parks each day so that should help with the parking fee each day.

There didn't seem to be a whole lot of low rates for May but maybe we just didn't wait long enough. Regular price was around $150 and he got it for $120.

I am thinking about adding an extra day on to my trip. What is it that everyone looks for in order to get a Disney Resort? How far in advance do you see them?

I am thinking about adding an extra day on to my trip. What is it that everyone looks for in order to get a Disney Resort? How far in advance do you see them?

There are some sites out there that discuss this (not sure if I can list them here). Generally, Disney Resorts will be 3-4 stars. They will be one of the few that have no resort fee and have free parking listed as an amenity (although you probably can't bank on it now). If you spend a lot of time on Hotwire or Priceline, you can figure it out. I've been looking everyday for the past 2 weeks and I started to get good at it. I think it peak Disney times, though, you won't really see a lot of them. In reading some other sites, it looked like there were some good choices in the fall and then again in January.

Check into the sites that advise you how to better place your bids on Priceline or Hotwire. You'll be able to search for the WDW resorts that people have won.

Just did my first ever Priceline express booking. Got the B Resort and Spa by Disney Springs for only $82/night! We're going April 12-21 2018. I'm super excited since the hotel looks really nice. It's just me and my boyfriend going so we're glad this seems like a more adult-centered hotel. We're excited about the pool and pool bar as well.

Just did my first ever Priceline express booking. Got the B Resort and Spa by Disney Springs for only $82/night! We're going April 12-21 2018. I'm super excited since the hotel looks really nice. It's just me and my boyfriend going so we're glad this seems like a more adult-centered hotel. We're excited about the pool and pool bar as well.

Sounds like a great deal and great hotel. I was toying with booking that one for my son but he wanted a free breakfast.

Sounds like a great deal and great hotel. I was toying with booking that one for my son but he wanted a free breakfast.
Thanks! I'm super excited. I travel a lot for work, so I'm really not into free breakfast at hotels. It's a nice perk, but I'd rather eat at Disney for breakfast

May I ask what you selected that got you that hotel? Like area and stuff like that. I am looking for something for one night before my Disney stay.

Thanks! I'm super excited. I travel a lot for work, so I'm really not into free breakfast at hotels. It's a nice perk, but I'd rather eat at Disney for breakfast

I agree, but my son (college student) is poor and he is a BIG eater! It will save him time and money. If you can remember, please come back and let us know how you liked the hotel.

May I ask what you selected that got you that hotel? Like area and stuff like that. I am looking for something for one night before my Disney stay.
I just selected Disney Springs area and 4 stars. It was one of 2 options if I remember correctly

That is a great price Ashley! I looked at MouseSaver's discount for the same nights and their best rate is $126 per night. You will pay an additional $27 per night in a "resort fee" at the hotel, but that's still a great price.

I know it was mentioned previously, but I use https://www.betterbidding.com/ to help me see what hotels pop up in both PL tools.

That is a great price Ashley! I looked at MouseSaver's discount for the same nights and their best rate is $126 per night. You will pay an additional $27 per night in a "resort fee" at the hotel, but that's still a great price.

I know it was mentioned previously, but I use https://www.betterbidding.com/ to help me see what hotels pop up in both PL tools.

Thanks! I decided not to rent a car now due to the resort fee and parking fees. Figured we can just walk to Disney Springs for buses or use the hotel buses and Uber.

Thanks! I decided not to rent a car now due to the resort fee and parking fees. Figured we can just walk to Disney Springs for buses or use the hotel buses and Uber.
The hotels on Hotel Blvd have a very reliable and free transportation to the WDW parks. IIRC Disney Springs buses only go to resorts and not the parks. Uber is also a great option. I used it about a year ago from the Hilton Home2 near the nearby outlet mall and it was super cheap.

The hotels on Hotel Blvd have a very reliable and free transportation to the WDW parks. IIRC Disney Springs buses only go to resorts and not the parks. Uber is also a great option. I used it about a year ago from the Hilton Home2 near the nearby outlet mall and it was super cheap.
Yeah i think we may just use Disney Springs for buses for dinner at some of the hotels. It sounds like the buses have gotten better on hotel boulevard. I had read bad things about them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!