Price of Park Tickets

Nohal

DIS Veteran
Are park tickets the same price if you purchase them through the web site as they are at the gate? We will be there for 5 days off site so not really a big deal for 1 magic morning as we are rope drop people anyway. I thought I read somewhere that the price is higher at the gate.

I think the price is the same at the gate but as you mentioned you don’t get the Magic Morning. I’d definitely buy ahead of time as you’ll save time by not having to stand in line at the ticket booths. I always purchase ours from Last Minute Travel Club. I saved $50 per ticket on my 5-day park hoppers this time. I bought them before the last price increase tho. Not sure what the current price is.

We're coming from the east coast and don't have a direct flight so not sure what time we'll even get to the park. Between airline delays and the time change we may decide not to go to the park the first day. So that 5 day ticket may end up being 4 days. I don't think there will be a long line at the ticket booth in the afternoon. Will there be?

We're coming from the east coast and don't have a direct flight so not sure what time we'll even get to the park. Between airline delays and the time change we may decide not to go to the park the first day. So that 5 day ticket may end up being 4 days. I don't think there will be a long line at the ticket booth in the afternoon. Will there be?

Its often a pretty long wait. Even if only a few people are in line it can take 45 minutes to get to the front of the line. Just buy your tickets online and save yourself the hassle. Take the receipt with the barcode on it that you get after you purchase the tickets and go to the front gate of disneyland with that print out and they will take your picture right there and your in. But I see your concern with airport delays and all. So maybe in your case it would be wise to wait and save some serious money. Even still, the day you get here you could still buy them online and print out the tickets at the hotel and save yourself that big wait in line at the booth. Or buy them on your cell phone and show the barcode on the phone at the gate. That would probably also work.

Last edited:

Purchase a 4 day in advance on the app so you do not have to wait in line at the ticket booth...that way you get the MM as well. If you want the 5th day, you can upgrade any time before the end of the 4th day and you just pay the price difference

Purchase a 4 day in advance on the app so you do not have to wait in line at the ticket booth...that way you get the MM as well. If you want the 5th day, you can upgrade any time before the end of the 4th day and you just pay the price difference

This, but I would buy from Last Minute Travel instead and save some money!

I am not seeing Disneyland Tickets available on LMT. Do they sometimes not have them available? I did not search under Disneyland, I just put in Anaheim my dates and clicked on the activities button. Am I missing something?

A 4-day park hopper ticket direct from Disney is $355 per adult. A 5-day hopper from LMT Club is $318, so you still save money even if you only end up going for 4 days (the 4 day hopper at LMT is $314, so for the $4 extra, I'd hedge on being able to go on arrival day).

Is LMT "legit" and "authorized"? 4 or 5-day tickets include 1-Magic Morning, right?

The answer is sometimes and sometimes there are specials if you buy online that make them cheaper. But it is never more expensive to buy online than at the gate, so I would always buy online or through a reputable ticket broker like LMT.

If you buy online or in person you can buy with Disney Gift cards, which you can buy at 5% off with a Target Red Card or at similar discounts at BJs, Costco or Sam's Club and sometimes online using cash back sites at these locations (except Target) for even more savings.

It is an odd thing how the ticket booth lines seem longer in the late afternoon/early evening than in the morning. I always wonder what on earth all of those people are doing and why they didn't purchase their tickets online to avoid that! I'm sure some are doing AP's but we use the GR trick when we need to renew ours in person and never have a wait.

The 5% discount with red card is more than any online retailer I have found.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter