Price of new Pixar Pier boardwalk games

AuntieKels

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I’ve heard you need to put money on a game card to play the boardwalk games but how much does each game cost? Also, how are the prizes determined?

Thanks!

I haven't played them yet, but if it was like before, you buy a game card and play from the card. Each game costs $2.50. Prizes are determined by the number of players. 2-3 players = small prize, 4-5 players = med prize, and 6-7 players = large prize.

Played today. 800 points cost $8. 400 points per game, so $4 each. The four games if memory serves is the horse racing game with bullseye, beanbag throw thru a hole with bugs life characters, something with stars? (I’m guessing a Pixar short. Not sure why they picked this out of all the great movies), and a game with Wall-e.

Played today. 800 points cost $8. 400 points per game, so $4 each. The four games if memory serves is the horse racing game with bullseye, beanbag throw thru a hole with bugs life characters, something with stars? (I’m guessing a Pixar short. Not sure why they picked this out of all the great movies), and a game with Wall-e.
I rather they use the La Luna short (or any of the other great shorts/movies) than the same Pixar properties over and over again.

We've never done the pier games before, but I'm looking for new things to try this trip. Are the games still about $4 each? What age range realistically has fun vs feeling frustrated? Should I just let the kids take a look and play it by ear? (I will have 6 kids with me: nearly 2, 5, 7, 7, 9, and 11)

Yes, the games are still $4. Definitely scope the area to see who is playing. My youngest was super frustrated on her 10th birthday when adults kept swooping in to play the Wall-E game and just beating her by a hair. After three tries, my oldest played and beat everyone to win a large Wall-E. :rolleyes: In my opinion it would probably be really frustrating for your kids (my oldest was 13 at the time), and the money could be better spent just buying the toy in a store.

We've never done the pier games before, but I'm looking for new things to try this trip. Are the games still about $4 each? What age range realistically has fun vs feeling frustrated? Should I just let the kids take a look and play it by ear? (I will have 6 kids with me: nearly 2, 5, 7, 7, 9, and 11)
La Luna is a win every time, scoop up a star game that even the 2 year old could easily do. The Walle game is a water shooter that gets competitive but if all your kiddos played all at once they could take up the whole game & not have any adults mucking up their fun. The bugs life one is throwing baseballs or beanbags, fun but might be harder for the littler ones. Bullseye is a horse race game where you roll a ball to move your horse- my fave type of midway game as a kid. You can easily scope it out before getting a card to play just to be sure.

Thank you for the tips!

Another maybe silly question but, is it cash only to get the game cards or do they take credit cards? And can you use gift cards? We'll end up playing it by ear (as with pretty much all things - I make a skeleton plan with a bajillion contingencies and it just comes down to how everyone feels that day).

Thank you for the tips!

Another maybe silly question but, is it cash only to get the game cards or do they take credit cards? And can you use gift cards? We'll end up playing it by ear (as with pretty much all things - I make a skeleton plan with a bajillion contingencies and it just comes down to how everyone feels that day).

Credit card and cash, Disney Giftcards were not accepted when we were there this winter.

Playing these games with our toddler (then 3) are some of my sweetest memories of Disneyland. She loved catching the star in the stream and getting her fuzzy star in return. When she played the Bug’s Life game, there was no way she could get the beanbags near Heimlich’s mouth, but she had so much fun the cast member gave her a Heimlich prize anyway. The CM engineered the Wall-E game so she’d win too. It was all just really lovely. And the ticket machines do take credit cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter