Price of Dophin Encounter

Leigha

DIS Veteran
I had saved a site a few months ago - Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounters. Is this the same excursion listed as one of Disney's excursions now? The price listed on the direct website is $75.00 per person for the "Encounter" and $145. for a "Dolphin Swim". Neither of these matches Disney's price. I just wondered what the difference is and which to choose. It seems like a lot of money but I don't know when they would ever get the chance to do something like that again.:)

All I know is that if you want to do the Swim with the Dolphin program $145, that you must book directly (not thru Disney). If you book directly for the Encounter program, you must find your own transportation to their location. Maybe that's why it costs more thru Disney. Disney is responsible for your round-trip. Just a guess.

Hope this helps.
Tina

So which should we do? We are definitely doing the encounter...I am just not sure if we should do the one in Freeport (w/ Unexso.com) or the one in Nassau at Blue Lagoon. Any opinion? We are taking our DS-4 and DD-6...also inlaws will be doing the encounter...is one better than the other?

I didn't explain that we will be on the three night cruise which will take us to Nassau where I assume the Blue Lagoon excursion is available. Do you think then that the Disney price includes transportation and that is the difference? Thanks!:)

Yes, the reason it is more is because DCL takes you to/from the Blue Lagoon Island...in addition, we are served lunch while at Blue Lagoon. I have decided to do the beach day/encounter. I have checked into booking it myself (paying the $75), getting our own transportation to the island (there is a blue lagoon day trip to be had for $20/pp) but for our family's situation...we decided to just do the DCL excursion. I have read some mediocre comments about the "meal", but so far I have read only good posts about the encounter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!