Price of BCV question\comment

deerh

DIS Veteran
As people ponder the price of BCV and the new Bonnett creek location, I wonder how high
prices will go. I posted a poll on prices, and almost 60 or more percent said $80 or more. I cannot see going past $81 or $82 as I think they will price people out. That is a BIG jump, some 6 or 7 dollars.
Questions: will they lower the initial points to less than 150?
How high should the points go up, to not price them to high?
Will the disney right of refusal price go up past $58? (what it is now)
Will resales once WLV sell out, go up? If so, to what price?
I guess I am looking at the bottom line. If you bought at $65 per point, and Disney's right of refusal goes up to (in a few years) $65 or more, you are at a break even point of your timeshare.

Just some questions I am pondering and also to let newbies know or at least feel good about their "investment"..... Who knows, do you think in 10 to 12 years you could SELL (heaven forbide) your DVC for a PROFIT??

deerh

Looking at the future of DVC.......:)

Who knows, do you think in 10 to 12 years you could SELL (heaven forbide) your DVC for a PROFIT??

I'm not sure how it will work in the next 10 years, but someone who bought in at the start of OKW 10 years ago at $48 could sure sell today for a profit. ;) Figuring dues at roughly $3 per point per year they almost make that up as well ($30 per point additional).

I know that the people who sold us our resale back in 1997 made a profit since they bought in 1992. We paid $55 (Disney wanted $68 at the time) and I think they paid $53 for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter