Price drop on APH rates

Jenny412

Mouseketeer
Has anyone seen APH rates drop? The rates for the deluxe resorts are about $100 or more in June then in May. Curious if anyone has seen them drop as it gets closer to the date? Thanks for any responses.

It depends on the types of rooms available at the AP rate. I have seen several times that AP rates are initially only available for certain types of rooms, and the lower price rooms may eventually show up. I keep checking frequently. For example, last trip the only AP rate I could get at CBBR at first was for a family suite, but eventually pool view regular rooms became available and then later standard rooms. (And then when I checked in I had been upgraded to a family suite for free, which was on the opposite end of the resort from where I wanted to be, but as I was checking in before 11 AM I took it.)

Anything is possible depending on a number of factors (# of rooms available, types of rooms available, how long they're available for and how urgent they're trying to get them booked etc.)

But if you're seeing APH rates available for when you are looking to go I would book them ASAP because they could disappear quickly.

Then keep checking and if you see a better rate show up you can always cancel your original booking and make a new one at the lower rate.

It depends on the types of rooms available at the AP rate. I have seen several times that AP rates are initially only available for certain types of rooms, and the lower price rooms may eventually show up. I keep checking frequently. For example, last trip the only AP rate I could get at CBBR at first was for a family suite, but eventually pool view regular rooms became available and then later standard rooms. (And then when I checked in I had been upgraded to a family suite for free, which was on the opposite end of the resort from where I wanted to be, but as I was checking in before 11 AM I took it.)

I've noticed a 3-4 week lag between suites being offered and then normal rooms being offered.

What happened to me for our April trip a few weeks ago is that I went from SMSM Garden View at PBH to APH rate Bay View at PBH (still cheaper to upgrade view and tickets to APH) and then I was able to snag a APH rate Garden View at PBH and save a bit. (When we got there, we were upgraded to Deluxe!) I watched rates periodically from July 2018-March 2019 and I did not see them actually get lower, just more rooms available under the APH discount.

I booked my June reservation when APH rates came out. I’ve been watching them and have only seen them go up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!