Price change??

MichelleCanada

DIS Veteran
We have only sailed DCL and now have a 12-night mediterranean cruise booked with RCCL. We booked when the sailing first opened thinking that this would be the best pricing. Over the last 3 months the price has dropped by over $1500 for our trip. (3 of us in a junior suite). Is this normal? With DCL opening day you usually get the best price.

We have only sailed DCL and now have a 12-night mediterranean cruise booked with RCCL. We booked when the sailing first opened thinking that this would be the best pricing. Over the last 3 months the price has dropped by over $1500 for our trip. (3 of us in a junior suite). Is this normal? With DCL opening day you usually get the best price.

While on Oasis in Jr. Suite I booked a 1 week Grand Suite for 1 year out. Two emails sent with reduced pricing so I called and received the new prices, NO PROBLEM. Received another email that had a Crown Loft at a lower price than the latest Grand Suite so back on phone and re-booked. Totally SPOILED

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE !!!

It happens.

Some cruise lines like NCL and Carnival also have last minute deals for a ridiculous price, sometimes.

Have you called to see if they can upgrade you?

It depends. I've never been so lucky. The most it;d ever dropped for me is $150 for 5 people. But yes, it does happen.

Last year we received an awesome deal on our Grand Suite about 3 months after booking. The price dropped $1,200, we received free suite gratuities AND $300 on board credit. I do not think I will ever see a sweet deal like that again. But I keep checking. I believe you can make any price adjustments right up until PIF date. Love that about Royal!

I just called Royal and since the price dropped about 100$ on our cruise, we got a free upgrade from "interior cabin" to "GTY ocean view". This is great. :D

Royal changes their "sale" each week. Usually they play with the numbers but the net total is about the same...But it's not uncommon for you to get a price drop. We tend to book early so generally our price just goes up and up, but the odd time, I can call in for a price drop. But I must say, that that is one great price drop you got. Congrats.

It happens, and it is GREAT when it does! I recently adjusted the price on our cruise to save about $1000! This is one of the BEST reasons to sail Royal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter