Presidents’ Day weekend

lolcow

Mouseketeer
Is it super busy? Would you avoid?
How crazy are the crowds compared to say, Christmas Day, or Memorial Day? Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
Its busy.
Many schools have that entire week off.
Definitely not Christmas-NYE crowds since that is the most crowded time of the year and no other crowds could even compare.
But still quite busy since its the only longish break between Christmas and Easter.

Its busy.
Many schools have that entire week off.
Definitely not Christmas-NYE crowds since that is the most crowded time of the year and no other crowds could even compare.
But still quite busy since its the only longish break between Christmas and Easter.

Do you mean the week after Presidents‘ Day weekend or before? Sorry, non US person here!

Do you mean the week after Presidents‘ Day weekend or before? Sorry, non US person here!

It is the week with the President's day Monday--2/18/19...so no school 2/18-2/22/19 Massachusetts schools have that week off...parts of NY usually have it as well. New Hampshire always has the following week off. Not sure who else gets it off.

We do it at least every other year. It's busy, maybe 'Thanksgiving' busy for that weekend...Monday is the worst...busy, but doable...definitely not Easter break/Christmas week busy. President's day weekend is worse when Ash Wednesday falls in that week as I believe parts of Louisiana get it off due to all the Mardi Gras celebrations/tourists. (2021 is the next year that happens...)

Yup, busy. We were there this last Feb. But we still had a great time and got to do everything we wanted to do. Weather was also perfect that time of year. We are fast walkers, our kids don’t need strollers, and we ate snacks while standing in line and enjoyed the EMH, especially at AK when it opened at 7:00am. Disney expanded all their hours over that weekend.

We do this week pretty much every year, as my kids’ school is off. We usually come Tuesday or Wednesday, and the crowds aren’t horrible mid-week. Things pick back up for the following weekend though, because of Princess Half Marathon.

We’ve been twice during President’s Week. Super busy, however if you arrive early, wisely use FastPass and take mid-day breaks you will be fine.

We are going the same time period Feb 10 - 25. I don't let crowds bother me anymore, you just need to plan a little better, have lots of patience make use of early mornings, big mid day breaks and later nights. I agree with the sentiment expect total chaos and be happy with anything less.

We have been there that week before years ago and will be there again this year. When we’ve gone before though the parks were always open longer hours. This year it shows MK for instance open 9-8. Is that normally the hours for that week now?

We have been there that week before years ago and will be there again this year. When we’ve gone before though the parks were always open longer hours. This year it shows MK for instance open 9-8. Is that normally the hours for that week now?
Disney has been extending the hours about three or four weeks out. I'd use last year's hours as a guide for what to expect.

Last year it was open until midnight on Presidents’ Day weekend.

Great thanks for the replies. Will keep my fingers crossed it will be the same or similar this year

See you there...2/18 is my Birthday, and even though I live in N.Y. State, I try to spend it at WDW....usually all day at Epcot. Yes it is crowded, but arrive at Rope Drop, get your Fast Passes and you will be OK...be patient and have a plan.

We're going to be there at least three days that week which will start with morning magic at TSL on President day and FP RNR, TOT and Star Tours, catch a couple of shows and then get out early afternoon and return to Epcot at about 6ish. Tuesday will be a chill out morning and then hit AK at 1pm and have purchased the After hour tickets that night so can leave Pandora alone until it's empty. Seaworld, Weds with quick queue tickets and then our last day will be Thursday at Epcot until 2pm and then on to MK at night. I have purchased the MK after hour tickets for Thursday 14th so I have fully used the additional tickets available to cheat the system of standing in long lines.

Yes I have spent quite alot of money on additional tickets also add Busch Garden quick queue to that but have gone for 11 day holiday flying out on a Tuesday rather than 14 day holiday just so I don't have spend the most of it standing in queues with two children.

Add to that three days of costs and the money saved in the flights and hotels I have still spent less buying all those additional tickets. Therefore based on the average queue time across all parks I will be saving myself over two days of queuing. .. To me that is priceless at a busy time.

Last year it was open until midnight on Presidents’ Day weekend.

I believe that was with an evening EMH - I remember being there. Do they announce additional EMH closer to the dates? I can't remember if it was announced ahead of time or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter