President’s Day Week

Zaptrem2

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at a Disney World Resort on President’s Day week this year (the 17th - 24th) Can anyone tell from experience what to expect when it comes to weather and crowds? Thanks!

It will be crowded! Weather is a crap shot. Usually, it should be mid 70's -mid 80's but be prepared that Florida does get cold snaps where the weather can drop as low as the mid 30's- 50's for a few days. Also, the early mornings and evenings can be cold. Pack jackets and jeans for nights and possibly days if a cold snap should happen. Hopefully, you will be living in flip flops, shorts and tees but be prepared just in case.

As for crowds, I'm nervous too. Touring plans has crowd levels at a 9-10 (out of 10) for pretty much every day except that Wednesday, where MK goes down to a 6. We usually travel in late August when a 6-7 is a "crowded" day.

I've only been once that week and YES it was crowded. Would I do it again, YES!!!! Planning will make all the difference. Grab you fastpass and make you dining reservations. You'll be surprised at the number of people you'll see opening a map to decide what to do. Planning allows you to pass by them and experience so much. Weather was warm the week we went but did cool off at night and we needed a light jacket. I would not worry about the crowds and enjoy your trip.

We are going then as well (1/18-1/24). We've been before in May and Oct when crowd levels were lower. Fortunately our kids are older and if we don't get to some things due to crowd levels, they will be ok since we've been before. We are traveling with another family (so 9 of us total) and they have younger kids. We have touring plans, FP and a few dining res so I think we'll be fine. I'm just mentally preparing for it to be much busier than we are used to.

Thanks for your replies! The crowds expected, but hopefully it will be manageable and I’ve booked Fast Passes and dining reservations already. Does anyone know if the pools will be open (and warm enough to swim in?) We have park hoppper plus which will work for water parks and I know typhoon lagoon will be closed but I was thinking about going to Blizzard Beach, any idea if the water is heated in the winter?

Pools are heated in the winter to 81 or 82. I don't know about the water parks. If you are from up north you will probably go in, we do and we are from NH.

I like to go in the winter time and have had weather from the 30s-80s and everywhere in between. We'll be there that week also this year and I'm hoping for the best! Would love to have nice, warm days. I'm expecting it to be crowded and have planned as best we can. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter