Prepaying for Parking...a month in advance?

LifeWithLouie

Mouseketeer
I am a "planner and preparer". It's a bit over a month before a cruise on the Oasis, and I am going through all the paperwork/online prep.

I followed links to the Port Canaveral pier where it asked about the Ship, the length of stay, the date leaving, and the length of the car. Then it talks about reserving a spot by pre-paying NOW. I didn't expect that. Is that something that should be done? (See, we never parked at the ship before - so I don't know)

If I don't reserve a spot in advance can I possibly NOT have a spot to park in? That would be messy.

(Added.. yes, yes, I know that I COULD park at an off-site lot.. but due to the timing of disembarkment, I don't want to get into that sort of situation.)

Thanks for sharing your advice and knowledge.

the port 'allowing' you to pre pay offers no discount or assurance you get a space (altho I've never heard of the port lots being full ... their complaint is TOO many empty spots)

What pre pay DOES is assure the port you won't be tempted by the BIG signs for parking at much less than port prices within sight of the piers .....

parkcruise.com
parkportcanaveral.com

these places are offering $6.95 a day with a pre-pay web today .....

many are willing to pay 'full price' for the convenience of pier parking ... in which case pre-pay saves maybe 2 minutes at check in .... you are in same line but present your pre-pay receipt rather than your cc, and some lanes are automated for the cc so the prepay MAY take longer .....

Last edited:
Never found a reason to pre-pay for port parking at Port Canaveral. Either DCL or RCL. Lots of spaces available. Don't sweat it.

I prepaid for our cruise parking @ PC in May. Just had to hand over the confirmation I already had out vs fumbling around in travel wallet for the right CC.

I'd do the same in the future as it was one less hassle for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!