Prepaid tour as a gift?

travelbug

DIS Veteran
As a wedding gift, I'm giving my niece and her fiance a honeymoon stay at BCV in January (2 weeks before I'll be there, in case you notice my trip siggie below. LOL) Is it possible to prepay for a special event (like Segway Tour) as a gift to them, while still getting my DVC discount? Or does the DVC member absolutely have to be present to use the discount, even if prepaying somehow?

Just a brainstorm I had, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. :idea:

TIA! :)

I don't believe you can purchase with a DVC discount and then "gift" the tour to someone other than the member. Disney Dollars make a nice gift, however!

I know they do actually make you pre-pay for all tours. When you call to book, you need to give a credit card and it's billed immediately, not just used for a guarantee.

My assumption is that they could ask for discount proof upon arrival. The one time we did a tour we got a discount, but weren't asked for anything. We were also the last group to arrive, so they may have just been too anxious to head out early. :p

Anyway, if your niece happens to be part of any of the groups that receive discounts (AP, DVC, Disney Visa Cardholders and I THINK AAA members as well), she should be covered.

I have done several tours and have never been asked for anything other than my name and photo ID. I did find that the Disney Visa discount was better for some than the DVC discount so depending on what tour you are talking about and it you have a Disney Visa that might be the way to go. I gave my granddaughter the Dive Quest tour for Christmas last year and she loved it. I told the CM when I booked it that it was a gift and there was no problem. I also told her which programs I had that might give a discount and she took the one with the biggest one. The tours that are specific to DVC members might be the ones with a problem booking for someone else I would think.

I agree that the Disney Visa discount may be better, and I've booked tours for people using the discount, while not going on the tour. I think "paying" for the tour qualifies you for the discount, because I have supplied the names of the "gifted' people with no problem.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thanks, everyone! Your responses are exactly what I was looking for. Sounds like prepaying via my Disney Visa would be the route to go. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter