• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Premium vs. Preferred

lawnspecialties

DIS Veteran
What's the difference?

We've always gotten preferred sites but this time, they offered premium sites as well. Are premium sites just certain sites or are there entire loops designated premium?

We always take our golf cart so getting a site supposedly close to stuff isn't a big deal to us.

Isn't there a loop map here on disboards? If not, does anyone know of one which shows which loops are which designation? With all the work they've done, I imagine a lot of changes have been done since we were there over two years ago.

http://www.title-3.com/FWFacts.htm

This web site has alot of information about Fort Wilderness. If you scan all the way to the bottom it has maps. Basically, the premium sites are wider and the area in the back that was shells is now concrete. They also come with a square picnic table and a new grill. That's basically the difference. Actually the preferred sites are closer to the marina. The only full hook up sites are the 1600 to 1900 loops. Hope this helps.:mickeyjum

Preferred site are loops 100 200 & 300. The premium site have a larger concrete pad square picnic table and newer grills

Image the preferred site with basically all the sandy area to the side & rear concreted. It would be hard to set a tent up on a premium site if you needed to. It helps accomodate bigger RV set ups. I generally try to stay in the 100 loop, but sometimes Disney tries to cram my larger rig into too small of a site. They are also getting very picky (which I guess I can't blame them) about anything being on the grassy areas, like your golf cart, or a vehicle tire slightly off the pad (& not on the sandy area). When I was down last October, I had to put the rear of my MH in the bushes & rear tires on the sand to allow room for my cart & dingy on the pavment. You won't have that problem on a premium. This list may help.

Loop 100 - Preferred
Loop 200 - Preferred
Loop 300 - Preferred (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 400 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 500 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 600 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 700 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 800 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 900 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 1000 - Premium
Loop 1100 - Premium
Loop 1200 - Premium
Loop 1300 - Premium
Loop 1400 - Premium
Loop 1500 - Partial
Loop 1600 - Full (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 1700 - Full (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 1800 - Full (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 1900 - Full (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 2000 - Partial

Had a premium (500 Loop) on our last trip. Started with Preferred, but AAA had a discount on premium only so it came out cheaper than preferred with no discount. Site was really hard to get into because it was the DH's blind side, but after some manuvering we got in. Didn't miss the shell stuff because we don't use a tent, but also couldn't stack down our awning (found a great tip on here for how to handle that).

Image the preferred site with basically all the sandy area to the side & rear concreted. It would be hard to set a tent up on a premium site if you needed to. It helps accomodate bigger RV set ups. I generally try to stay in the 100 loop, but sometimes Disney tries to cram my larger rig into too small of a site. They are also getting very picky (which I guess I can't blame them) about anything being on the grassy areas, like your golf cart, or a vehicle tire slightly off the pad (& not on the sandy area). When I was down last October, I had to put the rear of my MH in the bushes & rear tires on the sand to allow room for my cart & dingy on the pavment. You won't have that problem on a premium. This list may help.

Loop 100 - Preferred
Loop 200 - Preferred
Loop 300 - Preferred (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 400 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 500 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 600 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 700 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 800 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 900 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 1000 - Premium
Loop 1100 - Premium
Loop 1200 - Premium
Loop 1300 - Premium
Loop 1400 - Premium
Loop 1500 - Partial
Loop 1600 - Full (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 1700 - Full (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 1800 - Full (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 1900 - Full (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 2000 - Partial

Good grief, Charlie Brown.

I didn't know they made all those loops premiums. That's amazing. Since we've stayed in the 200 before and would rather try a different area this time, I guess I'll change it to premium.

Thanks all.

Good grief, Charlie Brown.

I didn't know they made all those loops premiums. That's amazing. Since we've stayed in the 200 before and would rather try a different area this time, I guess I'll change it to premium.

Thanks all.

We went premium this last trip and with a 36' long trailer, a longbed crewcab truck, and a golf cart it was nice to have the extra room. We did not miss the sand pad at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter