Premium tours

chantaldb

Mouseketeer
We are planning our vacation to Japan in August and will also included some days at Disney of course. Unfortunately we have to stick to school holidays, which lands us right in the middle of the Obon week for our visit to Disney.

We are now looking into the possibility of booking a premium tour in both parks, to be able to visit at least some of the attractions.
hey are only available on the Japanese website http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/special_srv/detail/str_id:tdl_gt_premium/
and
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/special_srv/detail/str_id:tds_gt_premium/
Google translate tells us :) that we might have to add these to our reservation (but probably this is not an option on the English language online booking form).

Does anyone have any experience in booking these tours?

We are going over Spring Break this year. I hope to sign up for the premium tours.

We are staying at the Hilton for a few nights and then will move to the Ambassador.

I will let you know our experience and if there is a difference in signing up staying onsite vs offsite.

I wasn't even aware of the tours...yes, please post if you get to experience them :cool1:

Hi all. I'm going to Tokyo Disney at the end of April 2014 and would like to read about the experiences of those who have been there. What I had tea about premium tours was that they are only in Japanese. Is that the way it is? I was (finally) able to get all five nights the Ambassador; one I'm using cash but for the other four I've been able to use my DISNEY VACATION CLUP points.

I also think the guided and premium tours are only in Japanese. But premium tours are private tours, and we figured we only need to present our list of attractions to the guide :). We have no need for any further explanations about the parks.

Visited Tokyo Disney Sea today. As soon as we entered (shortly after the gates opened), I went to guest services to book a private tour. I was told there were no English tours being offered because of the crowds. I then said that was ok and I would like to book the private tour. The man at guest services said no that it was not possible. They would not let me book it at all even if I wanted it in Japanese.

Will try again another day and see if I get the same response.

We are planning our vacation to Japan in August and will also included some days at Disney of course. Unfortunately we have to stick to school holidays, which lands us right in the middle of the Obon week for our visit to Disney.

We are now looking into the possibility of booking a premium tour in both parks, to be able to visit at least some of the attractions.
hey are only available on the Japanese website http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/special_srv/detail/str_id:tdl_gt_premium/
and
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/special_srv/detail/str_id:tds_gt_premium/
Google translate tells us :) that we might have to add these to our reservation (but probably this is not an option on the English language online booking form).

Does anyone have any experience in booking these tours?
I just returned from TokyoDisney and before I left I did lots of research about how best to experience the parks….I also looked into private tours…ultimately I felt it was a waste of money…first of all you are bound to the same fast pass rules as ALL other guests so there is NO advantage there. Get a map. Do a little research ..don't go on a weekend, stay at the MiraCosta if you can…get up early early early, rope drop to ToyStory first thing for a fast pass, then hop in the standby line, then over to ToT, then to Journey to Center…then chill a little, take advantage of single rider lines at Indiana Jones, and Raging Spririt…
In DisneyLand same strategy….hit Poos Hunny Hut first thing for a fast pass, then chill…Splash Mt single rider…Really I think a private tour will slow you down…When I was there last week they did in fact have English guides…as with everything TokyoDisney most CMs speak some English and then you just have to wait a bit to get a fluent speaker..enjoy you trip you will love TokyoDisney..
go with an open mind and do a little studying up first…I did every thing in one and a half days because I was hip to the ins and outs and it was busy..lines like we never see in the US.

We've decided to do our own planning (and get on our running shoes). We are staying at the Ambassador will have early entry for the parks.

We've decided to do our own planning (and get on our running shoes). We are staying at the Ambassador will have early entry for the parks.
The Ambassador is one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed at.
When you check in, politely ask for a balcony..extra treat and not all rooms have them. Rooms are spotless, pixey dusted out to the max, beautiful bathrooms, full amenities, service beyond insane. I'm a little jelly.
Here is my film from my stay.watch it HD…
Tim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIFx6gvqfys

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter