Premium/Platinum Packages for DVC ?

BuzznBelle'smom

<font color=red>There are tomato-ey paw prints all
With all the DDP threads I'm getting confused, not that it takes much.

Is it possible for a DVC member to purchase Premium and Platinum packages? These are not strictly dining packages, they include activities as well. When we went in 2006, we were on the Premium plan and my kids got to do parasailing, among other perks. I'm sure it's fairly pricey, I just don't knwo if it's possible. Might it be possible if you had AAA, or can they only help you if you purchase a package including hotel through them?

Oh, I'm so confused! DVC was supposed to make this easy and fun!

Premium/Platium plans currently are only available through WDW Travel packages.

Pardon my density, let me make sure I understand:

DVC-ers can partake in either dining plan in 2008, at the same rate paid by non-DVC-ers.

DVC-ers do not have access to any kind of plan which includes "extra" activities, such as horseback riding or mini-golf.

Have I got it?

Pardon my density, let me make sure I understand:

DVC-ers can partake in either dining plan in 2008, at the same rate paid by non-DVC-ers.

DVC-ers do not have access to any kind of plan which includes "extra" activities, such as horseback riding or mini-golf.

Have I got it?

You understand correctly.

Remember that WDW travel owns and controls those plans (including the DDP), NOT DVC. In fact, it was nearly a year before DVCers could buy the DDP after it was available to folks on packages. DVC is a separate operating entity, and must negotiate with Disney Travel for the DDP and other packages. DVC has to negotiate with WDW resorts, DL resorts and DCL in order to use points at regular WDW resorts, Disneyland Resorts and the Disney Cruise Line.

All the DVC membership legally guarantees is the right to book lodging at our home resort. The premium/gold/platinum packages have never been available to DVC members on points, just as the free dining promotion is not available. It requires a full price room package through WDW Travel Co.

So will the deluxe plan be available to purchase?

It has been reported that the basic and deluxe DDPs will be available to DVC in 2008, as well as the wine add-on package.

The premium/platinum packages are through WDW Travel (Non-DVC) packages only.

Can anyone point me to a description of all of the levels? Not on Deb's site anymore...hmmmm...wonder what that means?

Thanks, Chuck. I'm a recent DVC purchaser, still getting caught up on stuff, and our last several visits were on the Premium package (with a hotel room), so that's what I'm accustomed to. The bad news is, our family of 6 has outgrown a single room, but hey, now we're DVC-ers, so that's a good thing, right?

Being a DVC member you have the option for discounts on many of the recreational options...golf, mini-golf, water parks, etc. You can create your own "package"

Pam, I will have to see if there's a discount for parasailing. Possibly not, I think it's run by an outside company. It was the absolute highlight of our last trip for our two oldest kids, and they'd love to do it again. Problem is, last trip was a treat from grandma, who sprang for the Premium Plan. Now the poor urchins are stuck going on Mom and Dad's budget, which is likely to be much less impressive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter