Premier Passport vouchers?

Jperiod

I am the rebel spy!
Is it possible to buy vouchers for a premier passport at the ticket booth? Would they let me upgrade an unused ticket toward one?

Is it possible to buy vouchers for a premier passport at the ticket booth? Would they let me upgrade an unused ticket toward one?
You can buy the passport, but not a voucher for it. Yes, you can upgrade a ticket to a passport.

I don't think you can actually buy vouchers at the ticket booth; I always thought they only sold the Annual Passes themselves there.

In terms of upgrading tickets...yes, but it has to be a DLR ticket. They used to be able to deal with WDW tickets, but most of the recent reports indicate that the DLR ticketing system can no longer talk with the WDW ticketing system, so they can not do anything with WDW tickets at DLR.

...and someone correct me if I am wrong...but the AP will activate and have subsequent expiration date when you use your first entry scan into the parks, not purchase date (within the expiration date).

...or is that only true with an online advance purchase or pre purchased voucher?

I think that's only true of the vouchers. I believe that if you buy the AP at the ticket gate, it's valid from the moment they issue it, regardless of when you enter the park for the first time.

They will activate when you buy it. I had issues this year renewing mine and Disney trying to start it on the day I renewed even though my expiration was a month away. I spent over an hour at the ticket booth with 3 cast members working on fixing it. Sadly happened a few days later when I took my Mom to get renew hers too. Got in just before the price increase and was starting to plan next WDW trip in my mind, so needed a pass.

I don't think you can actually buy vouchers at the ticket booth; I always thought they only sold the Annual Passes themselves there.

In terms of upgrading tickets...yes, but it has to be a DLR ticket. They used to be able to deal with WDW tickets, but most of the recent reports indicate that the DLR ticketing system can no longer talk with the WDW ticketing system, so they can not do anything with WDW tickets at DLR.

I didn't think they ever talked to each other. I had a premier AP in 2012 and had to get guest relations outside AK to enter it into their system because it didn't work when I scanned it at the gates (purchased at DLR). Turns out then, they didn't talk to each other.

I didn't think they ever talked to each other. I had a premier AP in 2012 and had to get guest relations outside AK to enter it into their system because it didn't work when I scanned it at the gates (purchased at DLR). Turns out then, they didn't talk to each other.
Yeah, if you buy the premier pass at Disneyland you have to call the WDW internet help desk to have it added into their system and if you buy it at WDW you have to call Disneyland AP services to have it added into Disneyland’s system.

Yeah, if you buy the premier pass at Disneyland you have to call the WDW internet help desk to have it added into their system and if you buy it at WDW you have to call Disneyland AP services to have it added into Disneyland’s system.

That's what I thought. I figured they never fixed the issue cuz, well, Disney IT. LOL

I must be lucky, but I didn't have that issue. I've purchased at WDW (back when the Premier Passport was ~$749!), and they told me, "when you get to Disneyland you might have to stop at Guest Relations to activate this in their system." But in actuality I walked right up to the gate and they welcomed me right in.

Conversely, about a year later I bought one at Disneyland's ticket booth. I was able to set it up in the MDE account and booked an AP hotel with no issues, and didn't have to call them. Something interesting did happen when entering Epcot's International Gateway. It turned out that Disneyland gave me a ticket from old stock that didn't have RFID, but the International Gateway was able to scan my card on a handheld device, and told me to go the Guest Relations at the front of the park to get a new chip-enabled card.

That was a few years back, and it doesn't surprise me that the two systems don't always play nice with each other. It's not clear why I had no troubles in this area. I would say, though, that Disney technology gets a bad rap on these boards, but considering the scale, scope, and timing of what MDE does, I'd consider it to be a world class experience on anyone's resume.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter