Premier food options

titojackson84

Mouseketeer
I’m looking at a trip in the fall and wanted to stay at one of the premier hotels for the express pass. I was looking at the hotel food options but they all seem to be full service. I see they have market places, but it seems like they are just grab and go. If I wanted a quick service food court, would I need to go to one of the non express pass hotels?

Last edited:
What specific food items are you looking for and for which meals?
There are links for the places to eat in the hotel stickies.
I think RP has the best options. Tuk Tuk has breakfast sandwiches and pastries, sandwiches for lunch plus hot items and gelato. Similar things at HRH at Emack and Bolio's. PB has a Starbucks plus the gelateria has breakfast items. For lunch/dinner there is Sal's which has pizza and subs which are very good.

Last edited:
I was looking for basic food court food. Burgers chicken sandwiches, fries, etc. I know the full service has stuff like that and for one meal I’d be fine with that, I’d just prefer to not have full service for each meal.

I was leaning towards dropping down and getting express passes separately. Switching to Aventura would save about $500-700 depending on the room. Thanks for the help.

I was leaning towards dropping down and getting express passes separately. Switching to Aventura would save about $500-700 depending on the room. Thanks for the help.
I would suggest a split stay. Depending how long your trip will be stay one night at RP (or whatever is cheapest) either book as a throw away for express or actually stay there and then the rest at Aventura

I’ve considered that, but it’s solo trip a premier would be pushing my budget (40th birthday so i could do it), but the extra cost of food would push it a little to far. I may decide to do the group tour with the money saved.

Reactions: dol
I'm not trying to champion Aventura too much, but it's my favorite resort in terms of value/theme. I am a local for almost 20 years and it's my preferred staycation resort. The Urban Pantry's wok bowl is a must each time I stay there.

I haven't been into any Universal parks in over 6 years, so I wouldn't take advantage of the Express Pass.

I actually stayed there on January 2022 and had mixed feelings. I liked the high floor and the view, and the view from the roof was nice. My issues were I found the tablet annoying and would have preferrer a remote and a wall switch and the rooftop bar couldn’t tell me what kind of steak they served and everything seemed overpriced up there. Food court was good. I went last August and stayed at surfside and thought it was great. Food was good, the walgreens across the street was very convenient.

I’m used to staying in the cheapest hotels, econolodge kind of places since that’s what I could afford. My plan was hard rock as a birthday present to myself but the food options along with the cost is a bit much.

I’m currently leaning towards surfside or aventura with a high floor. If I do aventura, I may just get food downstairs and take it too the roof.

Bar 17 at Aventura has great brussels sprouts (shaved and slightly charred). I got their salmon once and was unimpressed as well as the broccolini.

I always get the theme park view usually on the 16th floor. It's a nice view, but I don't pay an adder since I stay in the "real" off-season.

I actually stayed there on January 2022 and had mixed feelings. I liked the high floor and the view, and the view from the roof was nice. My issues were I found the tablet annoying and would have preferrer a remote and a wall switch and the rooftop bar couldn’t tell me what kind of steak they served and everything seemed overpriced up there. Food court was good. I went last August and stayed at surfside and thought it was great. Food was good, the walgreens across the street was very convenient.

I’m used to staying in the cheapest hotels, econolodge kind of places since that’s what I could afford. My plan was hard rock as a birthday present to myself but the food options along with the cost is a bit much.

I’m currently leaning towards surfside or aventura with a high floor. If I do aventura, I may just get food downstairs and take it too the roof.
Have you tried Cabana bay? It's usually the same price as Aventura

I ended up going with aventura skyline view with the lowest season pass. I wouldn’t go during the blackout dates anyways and I wouldn’t benefit from the other benefits. The dining options are better for my preferences than at the premiers and I can always get an express pass as needed.

This is not as convenient as having an option right in your hotel, but depending on mobility Citywalk is a ~10 min walk away from HRH or RPR

The quick service locations at premier hotels all have hot food items you can order, like hot sandwiches, pizza, burgers, etc. If you want a traditional food court, where you walk to different stations and get what you want, then those are at the lower tier hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter