Pregnancy Fast Pass?

It'sASmallWorld

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Somebody on a parenting forum said the following to me when I mentioned I was going to DLP when pregnant:

"If you go to customer services you can get a special pass that allows you to skip the queue or get an equivalent fast pass to some rides (and, for example, the train ride that goes around the park). The rides are obviously the pregnancy-friendly ones but these are also good for little ones so worth having!"

I have asked if I need to go to City Hall, but I wondered if anyone here can confirm this? Also, is it just for the pregnant lady or her party, as I couldn't really use it and leave the children standing in a queue!! :rotfl:

Sorry for yet another pregnancy-related post!

Hi

Yes you can get a pregnancy pass I went last October at 30 weeks, just went to the City Hall and asked for one, our party was 4 adults and 1 child the rides we could use it on we all did get to go on, think on the pass it does give numbers for how many are allowed to use it with you, the only time we had a problem was the parade and it was just for the person with the pass that could use it. You can also use it to get to the front for signings so no queueing which was nice. Be prepared for the funny looks from people stood in the queue but if not sure if you can use it go to the exit and ask.

Does anyone know how far gone you have to be to get the pass?

My girlfriend will be 23 weeks pregnant when we visit. I've never heard of this pass before.

Hi :wave: Couldn't not respond when I saw where you were Donald Ducks Wife:goodvibes.

Yes you can get a disabled easy access pass. You need to go to to City Hall and I believe you need proof of disability (sure someone who has done this will come along with more advice).

Seriously....

Except in a few complicated cases, I never knew pregnancy was a disability.

Wow, I went to Disney Orlando in August 7 months pregnant at age 42 and had no problems.

Hmmm before i was pregnant i would never agreed or liked the idea of a pregnancy pass, but, since being pregnant and knowing how difficult it is to stand for long periods of time that it is a good idea!!

Seriously....

Wow, I went to Disney Orlando in August 7 months pregnant at age 42 and had no problems.

I don't think anyone has said that pregnancy is a disability?:confused3

I was merely enquiring about something that was said to me on another forum. At 20 weeks I will be fine to stand and queue. However, why shouldn't someone further along in their pregnancy, or someone with SPD, take up a benefit that Disney has thought to offer?

You did just fine at Orlando, good for you. Surely some people don't do so well, or Disney wouldn't have created the pregnancy pass?

Seriously....

I don't think anyone had said that pregnancy was viewed as a disability? :confused3

Well done for doing so well during your pregnancy, unfortunately not everyone is that lucky and although may be fit and well normally may have many problems during pregnancy (like myself) and require the pass.

I wish I'd have known about this when I took the wife there at 8 months pregnant lol!

Having had a low laying baby which forced me to the toilet every 5 mins when pregnant, this would have been a blessing to skip the queue's at the supermarket let alone DLP ha ha!
On a serious note, I rode my bike up until 41 weeks pregnant, but the thought of STANDING in a queue when pregnant fills me with horror. Pregnancy isn't a disability, but it carries with them the future guests - be nice to their mum's and they're have wonderful stories to tell and will return time and time, again!
Also, standing for long periods of time, no matter HOW far gone you are, can be very uncomfortable and produce swollen feet and ankles! Just because you are pregnant, it doesn't mean you shouldn't go with your family on holiday, but it does mean that you need to look after yourself a bit more, and Disney always step up to the mark here :-)

well, if you're not feeling ok while you're pregnant, why would you go in first place? But that's just me :lmao: I did feel very bad in third term and I didn't go anywhere because standing in queues, walking etc was tiring, I wasn't feeling well etc. But if you're fine I don't bother if future mother uses a fastpass. It's a great idea :goodvibes

well, if you're not feeling ok while you're pregnant, why would you go in first place? But that's just me
Her general health may be good and too much standing along with all the walking may exhaust her.
Or maybe the trip was booked far in advance before itsasmallworld knew she had concieved or perhaps this is a treat for the sibling/s before baby arrives.
Pregnancy would in normal circumstances not be a reason to cancel or not book IMO and if there were perks id definately make full use of them.

Its not a disability but it does makes your needs drastically change so I applaud dlp for recognising this

Don't know how far on you need to be but worth asking they can only say no. Only 1 CM asked if I'd got a pregnancy pass and that was an hour before coming home not well advertised. Go for it.

IASW I read the post on mn too! Nice to meet a fellow mnetter! :goodvibes

Hello Sleepysox!! Nice to see you! :goodvibes

I can confirm that I'm not having any major problems with this pregnancy (my pregnancies with my last 2 children were straightforward too, except needing the toilet every 5 minutes!), it was booked after finding out I was pregnant, I'm fully able-bodied. I don't deserve, nor expect, any perferential treatment.

However, if Disney have thought to offer something, and I am able to benefit from it, then I shall look into it- hence the OP.

After all, surely that is what FastPasses were invented for, to make life at DLRP easier? :)

I think the post that originally mentioned the disability pass was meant for a different thread (mentions DonaldDucksWife who started a thread about disability pass) and by no means was anybody saying pregnancy was a disabilty at all :) All a case of crossed wires :)

I think the post that originally mentioned the disability pass was meant for a different thread (mentions DonaldDucksWife who started a thread about disability pass) and by no means was anybody saying pregnancy was a disabilty at all :) All a case of crossed wires :)

i posted it on here as a quick question, but have no idea how it got to a topic of its own, maybe a mod moved it. But sorry for any confusing between the pregnacy/disability thing, didnt mean it to sound like it if it did. was just a quick question.

i posted it on here as a quick question, but have no idea how it got to a topic of its own, maybe a mod moved it. But sorry for any confusing between the pregnacy/disability thing, didnt mean it to sound like it if it did. was just a quick question.
No problem, I expect one of my co-mods moved it so it wouldn't get confused with the pregnancy pass and also so that it would get more notice in a thread of its own and therefore more replies. :goodvibes

so I applaud dlp for recognising this

So do I - I'd never heard of it before this thread and think it's a marvellous idea. :thumbsup2

I also wasn't aware of the pregnancy pass, and I applaud Disney on this. In UK Health and Safety law, there is a legal obligation to do risk assessments for pregnant employees, and it would appear that Disney have taken a similar approach, and extended it further to more than just their own employees, and for that they should be applauded. :worship:

I just need to work out now whether my wife (who is a tad overweight!) could pass as pregnant and get one of these passes! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter