Preferred vs. Full Hook-up

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
We have visited FW before, but only in a preferred site. We were only able to get a full hook-up site for two of our trips this summer. My questions are; will we find it too far to ride our bikes to the marina(I have a questionable back and can't ride long distances) and will we be able to hook up our satellite dish at our site(because of the trees)? Also, would it be worth switching sites in the middle of our Thanksgiving vacation to move to a preferred site? Just don't want to get there and be dissapointed in the difference in the sites. Thanks in advance.

We have always stayed at a preferred site at FW too. This trip in April, in order to save a little money we booked a full hookup site. I requested the 800 or 900 loop. They seem to be the closest to the marina and there's a bus stop at each loop. If you have access to a FW map, I would check out different loops for convenience and then put a request on your reservation.

Have a great time!

Thanks welovemickey for the info. Unfortunately for us, when we have requested a loop on our reservations, we have gotten no where near our request. Could be what time we got there or what day, who knows. Anyone else able to compare the two.

I have already booked preferred and we will have a tent.
Just to verify, tents are okay in preferred right? The CM booked it knowing we have tent, but you never know with them.

Are there alot of tents there? Certain loop they puts tents on?

Thanks!! :)

tarheelmjfan: The campground is about a mile from end-to-end, so you'll probably be okay riding the bikes from the marina to your site. I prefer the non-preferred, because I think they are a little more spacious. You'll probably like either. We took the satellite a couple of trips ago, and try as we might could never get a signal. However, that was our first try to do that (except at home when the Satellite guys came and gave us lessons). We noticed that most satellite dishes were facing different directions, and when we asked some neighbors we found out that NO ONE had theirs going. LOL, oh well, at least we tried. Now we just use antenna at FW--lots of trees!

BuzzandWoody: though you will usually find tents in the partial hook-up sites, they can be in any site. You'll be fine in a preferred site. And hi to another razorback--I was born in Hot Springs! Yep, lived there for 11 weeks--Army brat--and then off to Germany.

Stayed in both types. The bike ride down is not that far, depending on your loop. When requesting a loop make sure you request a loop that is a full hook up loop. 600, 800-1900, excluding 1500. We like 900, 1300 and 1200 because they are close to the Meadow area.

Back to the satellite issue. My husband installs satellite systems for a living, if it is possible to get it to work he can. That said, is it possible? Also, as I said before, we haven't had any luck at requesting a loop. What am I doing wrong? I need your advice on how to achieve this.

I have seen some satellite dishes set up in odd places, so I'm sure some people get signals. I'd make sure to take lots of satellite wire--I've even seen dishes run through the trees and set up by the road. I bet your husband can get a signal!

92 days to go!

Thanks all for the replies. It's great to know that we can probably get our satellite to work. Our family is unfortunately addicted to tv. Everyone goes to sleep at night with the tv on. I'd hate to stay awake 7 nights straight:).

We always get pretty good tv reception with the antenna alone, too. The motorhome tv has an signal amplifier on it, but even the tent tv got a good picture. Just not so many channels, and not the nifty Disney resort channel that you get on cable.

91 days

We always get pretty good tv reception with the antenna alone, too. The motorhome tv has an signal amplifier on it, but even the tent tv got a good picture. Just not so many channels, and not the nifty Disney resort channel that you get on cable.

91 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter