Preferred Stateroom became available but TA is closed today

I agree. I've only dealt with 3 TAs...The first one was about 18 yrs ago and the second one was 3yrs ago. Each for a specific reason that wasn't enough for me to continue. I do like to book my vacations myself, but with a good cash back/obc for cruises, I think it's a good way to save with cruises. Also, with my TA, I like that she understand what I prefer when it comes to my choices.

Sometimes I do feel bad about making changes. I try very hard to know what I want and not have to bother her with things. I'm sure she has other clients that require much more of her assistance.

Sounds like your TA is probably very happy to have you since you are pretty low maintenance. :flower2: I would think that TA's are not entirely unlike a real estate agent in that they are never too far from their email and/or phone as they could miss a chance to make a sale. You have a good reason for needing to get in touch with your TA. They will understand, no doubt. :cutie:

I appreciate your suggestion. I know how to hold the room, but how do I move the room? I don't think I have control over it.

Can my TA take something that I have on hold?
I held the room and when my TA got a hold of Disney she texted me to release the room. I did and the Disney agent saw them and picked up the room... it’s a little bit of effort but it worked for me

I believe the suggestion is for you to hold it so no one else can grab it, then when TA is ready you release it and it’s back in the general inventory so she can grab it for you (kind of like hiding a sweater you like behind the rolls of toilet paper while you run out to your car to find your credit card).

Thank you. I understand. I've only placed staterooms on hold a few times and it's been quite a while now. But I was under the impression that if I don't put a deposit to finalize the hold, it just drops off the hold. I had contact DCL (again, this was years ago) and they told me I couldn't release it. I had to wait until the hold expired. So I'm somewhat nervous about holding it and then releasing it. Would this create an issue for my TA?

hank you. I understand. I've only placed staterooms on hold a few times and it's been quite a while now. But I was under the impression that if I don't put a deposit to finalize the hold, it just drops off the hold.

A hold lasts for 3 days. Not sure how it would work for you to release it so your TA can change your room assignment....

Sounds like your TA is probably very happy to have you since you are pretty low maintenance. :flower2: I would think that TA's are not entirely unlike a real estate agent in that they are never too far from their email and/or phone as they could miss a chance to make a sale. You have a good reason for needing to get in touch with your TA. They will understand, no doubt. :cutie:

Thank you. :) But I've bothered her more times that I wanted too...so, unfortunately, I'm not as low maintenance as I should be.

I do understand that she is likely working even when not working, but I wish I didn't have to add to it. I'm sure she'd rather not have to deal with it during her weekends.

I held the room and when my TA got a hold of Disney she texted me to release the room. I did and the Disney agent saw them and picked up the room... it’s a little bit of effort but it worked for me

Sorry with all these questions, but did you release it online...is that now an option?

I haven't held anything in a long time, so I wasn't aware I can release it myself.

Did you release the hold online or do I need to call DCL?

But I can tell you that unless I can get a great FL rez discount, I will be booking my future Disney cruises via Costco Travel.

I’m pretty sure you can get resident discounts through Costco.

But the key is that you don’t check the website for deals and different rooms when your TA (including Costco, as they are not 25/7), is closed.

Thank you. I understand. I've only placed staterooms on hold a few times and it's been quite a while now. But I was under the impression that if I don't put a deposit to finalize the hold, it just drops off the hold. I had contact DCL (again, this was years ago) and they told me I couldn't release it. I had to wait until the hold expired. So I'm somewhat nervous about holding it and then releasing it. Would this create an issue for my TA?
If the hold is not deposited after the 3 days it drops off and cancels...this would be Tuesday at 11:59 PM if you put it on hold today. The TA would then get in there and try and grab the cabin at midnight and modify it on your reservation. Only problem I could see if the category was more expensive and you would need to pay an additional amount on it to switch. Is the cabin the same price as what you paid for the cabin you have?

When you say held the room...do you mean in your cart on the website like you were going to book it? Because that takes about 20 minutes or so to happen after it is removed from the cart/booking.
Holding the room would mean getting a whole new reservation and holding it without deposit for 3 days. It would fall off at about midnight of the cancellation day.

You could call DCL and tell them that you are cancelling the hold with that reservation number, then it should work out fairly easily if your TA was on the phone with them or could see it upon modification.

Sorry with all these questions, but did you release it online...is that now an option?

I haven't held anything in a long time, so I wasn't aware I can release it myself.

Did you release the hold online or do I need to call DCL?
I hold the room for 3 days... my Ta calls Disney and when she gets a hold of them she texts me saying to release the room. I move the hold from one the room I want to a random room on the ship. This will allow the Disney rep to see the room I want and can book it. After the three days are up the other room is released. I hope that helps.

If the hold is not deposited after the 3 days it drops off and cancels...this would be Tuesday at 11:59 PM if you put it on hold today. The TA would then get in there and try and grab the cabin at midnight and modify it on your reservation. Only problem I could see if the category was more expensive and you would need to pay an additional amount on it to switch. Is the cabin the same price as what you paid for the cabin you have?

Yes, it is the same category. This seems like a lot more trouble for the TA. I could still lose it if she can't grab it when it drops off. The only way I think this would work is if she can grab it the minute it's cancelled.

You could call DCL and tell them that you are cancelling the hold with that reservation number, then it should work out fairly easily if your TA was on the phone with them or could see it upon modification.

I guess we would need to coordinate. But I'm concerned if this is going to make it more difficult for the TA to grab.

I wish there was a way for her to just let them know that I placed it on hold for that reason and have the DCL CM cancel and pick it for my reservation.

I hold the room for 3 days... my Ta calls Disney and when she gets a hold of them she texts me saying to release the room. I move the hold from one the room I want to a random room on the ship. This will allow the Disney rep to see the room I want and can book it. After the three days are up the other room is released. I hope that helps.

Okay. Thank you. :) I understand what you did. I hope my TA can do this.

Thanks again!

Yes, it is the same category. This seems like a lot more trouble for the TA. I could still lose it if she can't grab it when it drops off. The only way I think this would work is if she can grab it the minute it's cancelled.

I am glad there is no price/category change to worry about. It should be pretty easy and I would really go ahead and put that cabin you want on hold by creating a reservation. On Monday, coordinate with the TA and have her call DCL and tell them what is happening. Then you go into the new reservation and change the cabin number to a random one. Then your TA and DCL can snap it up. Timing is everything. :)

I guess we would need to coordinate. But I'm concerned if this is going to make it more difficult for the TA to grab.

I wish there was a way for her to just let them know that I placed it on hold for that reason and have the DCL CM cancel and pick it for my reservation.

I had almost this exact scenario several weeks ago. I book through Costco. The cabin we wanted came available after Costco was closed. I booked a courtesy hold, and called Costco the next day. The agent got Disney on the phone, and the Disney agent canceled the hold, and changed the cabin on my current reservation. I did not need to change the room number on my hold or wait three days.

I had almost this exact scenario several weeks ago. I book through Costco. The cabin we wanted came available after Costco was closed. I booked a courtesy hold, and called Costco the next day. The agent got Disney on the phone, and the Disney agent canceled the hold, and changed the cabin on my current reservation. I did not need to change the room number on my hold or wait three days.

Thanks! I'll let my agent know that I booked a hold and hopefully she can do the same.

This would be ideal so we don't have to time each other.

Thanks so much everyone!

I've sent an email to my TA. So I hope she'll be able to change the staterooms.

Unfortunately, the DCL website isn't allowing me to make the hold. I've tried several times and after I click on "HOLD STATEROOMS", it goes to an error message stating that they're working on it. I know it's been having issues lately, so I'll try again later.

Thanks again!:)

That is good to know!!

Unfortunately, the DCL website isn't allowing me to make the hold. I've tried several times and after I click on "HOLD STATEROOMS", it goes to an error message stating that they're working on it. I know it's been having issues lately, so I'll try again later.

Wow. That is weird, dvcdisney. Can you try from either another computer or a different browser?

Let me go in and see if I can place a hold. I know I did last evening (dreaming of a transatlantic.....:rolleyes: ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter