Preferred Stateroom became available but TA is closed today

dvcdisney

DIS Veteran
I have a wonderful TA, however the agency is not open on weekends. I just noticed that my preferred stateroom became available and I understand that all changes need to be done through my TA.

I believe I just need to wait. However, I'm anxious about losing this stateroom. So I was wondering, other than waiting to contact my agent, does anyone have any suggestion on how I can secure the stateroom at this point?

I know this is the risk I take for using an agent. But if anyone has any legitimate ways to secure the room, please let me know.

Thank you.

I have a wonderful TA, however the agency is not open on weekends. I just noticed that my preferred stateroom became available and I understand that all changes need to be done through my TA.

I believe I just need to wait. However, I'm anxious about losing this stateroom. So I was wondering, other than waiting to contact my agent, does anyone have any suggestion on how I can secure the stateroom at this point?

I know this is the risk I take for using an agent. But if anyone has any legitimate ways to secure the room, please let me know.

Thank you.
Do you have the email or phone number of your TA that you can reach out directly to her? I would try this first and foremost and explain why you need her to do this.

Do you have the email or phone number of your TA that you can reach out directly to her? I would try this first and foremost and explain why you need her to do this.
I would still send them an email. This happened to me once and I emailed them. To my surprise she got my message and took care of it. I use DU

Thank you. I will send her one. I'm not sure she checks it while she's off, but it's worth a try.

Your TA should have some emergency contact number, Facebook account, or Twitter account for her clients to contact her no matter where in the world they may be with a problem.

Thanks. I don't have an emergency contact number. But I'll send the email and see what happens.

I don't communicate with her any other way, but I think I should inquire just in case.

Thank you. I will send her one. I'm not sure she checks it while she's off, but it's worth a try.

I wouldn't be surprised if she did check it even on weekends. Put your situation and Urgent in the subject line of the email. Is she on Facebook? You could get to her that way. Maybe.

Hold the room and on Monday move the room so the TA can book it when they get in touch with Disney.

I appreciate your suggestion. I know how to hold the room, but how do I move the room? I don't think I have control over it.

Can my TA take something that I have on hold?

I wouldn't be surprised if she did check it even on weekends. Put your situation and Urgent in the subject line of the email. Is she on Facebook? You could get to her that way. Maybe.

Thanks, I'll check and also send the email.

I do feel somewhat uncomfortable sending an email when I know she's not available. But I'll send it just in case as everyone has mentioned.

Thanks, I'll check and also send the email.

I do feel somewhat uncomfortable sending an email when I know she's not available. But I'll send it just in case as everyone has mentioned.

You should NOT feel uncomfortable...I am sure she would want to help you if she is able to. It just might be a matter of her having set office hours for family times...however, it is doubtful she turns her email off every Sunday. Give it a try and please report back if you can. Fingers are crossed for you.

You should NOT feel uncomfortable...I am sure she would want to help you if she is able to. It just might be a matter of her having set office hours for family times...however, it is doubtful she turns her email off every Sunday. Give it a try and please report back if you can. Fingers are crossed for you.

Thank you! I have sent the email.

And I know she would want to help. She's been an awesome agent. She's always so responsive. I have 3 cruises booked with her and I have changed a few things on each and she's been able to do it.

Most TAs do have emergency numbers and expect occasional interruptions on their off days. Just ask her, so you are prepared if anything else comes up during off hours.

Ugh! So sorry......:crazy2: I always book my own travel directly. But I can tell you that unless I can get a great FL rez discount, I will be booking my future Disney cruises via Costco Travel. :D
They do offer a very nice deal...hard to compete with that cash card. :) lol

I agree. I've only dealt with 3 TAs...The first one was about 18 yrs ago and the second one was 3yrs ago. Each for a specific reason that wasn't enough for me to continue. I do like to book my vacations myself, but with a good cash back/obc for cruises, I think it's a good way to save with cruises. Also, with my TA, I like that she understand what I prefer when it comes to my choices.

Sometimes I do feel bad about making changes. I try very hard to know what I want and not have to bother her with things. I'm sure she has other clients that require much more of her assistance.

I appreciate your suggestion. I know how to hold the room, but how do I move the room? I don't think I have control over it.

Can my TA take something that I have on hold?

I believe the suggestion is for you to hold it so no one else can grab it, then when TA is ready you release it and it’s back in the general inventory so she can grab it for you (kind of like hiding a sweater you like behind the rolls of toilet paper while you run out to your car to find your credit card).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts