Predicted DVC booking patterns - Studios, 1-BD & 2-BD charts (September 2019 2-BD added!)

Bing Showei

DIS Veteran
Please, this thread is not really the place to discuss issues with the DVC operations, even if I agree with it. Let's keep it to availability discussions.
Agreed.

7-month availability has become more of a challenge... I blame DVC operations.

ETA: :smokin:

Last edited:

KV33

Earning My Ears
Ok another question (and please at any time, if I’m bothering you just don’t respond and I will take the hint). Looking at 2020 chart it says sun-Thur, fri-sat, and weekly. Why is weekly so much more than if you added a sun- Thur and a fri-sat.

Attachments

• KAT4DISNEY

Glad to be a test subject
    Ok another question (and please at any time, if I’m bothering you just don’t respond and I will take the hint). Looking at 2020 chart it says sun-Thur, fri-sat, and weekly. Why is weekly so much more than if you added a sun- Thur and a fri-sat.
    It's identical as long as you're looking at the points within the same season. The Sun-Thursday and Fri-Sat is per night. The weekly is just put on the charts for convenience but it's the same total. ie - you take 5 times the point number listed for Sun-Thurs and 2 * the number listed for Fri-Sat. Since DVC can be booked for a single night on up it's listing the point requirements per night.

KV33

Earning My Ears
    I’m an imbecile. And I’m teaching the youth of America. I see that now. How much is one point going for now?

mustinjourney

DIS Veteran
    I’m an imbecile. And I’m teaching the youth of America. I see that now. How much is one point going for now?
    $15-$20 a point is typical. disney charges DVC members $19 per point for points that can be used at 7 months.

bandjbaine

Mouseketeer
    What does availability of a Grand Villa at BWV look like the week of Christmas? For example if I wanted to book Tue Dec 22-Sat Dec 26 2021, how likely am I to get that right at 11 month window? Would I already be out of luck with people booking the full week when I hopped into the mix mid week?

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
    What does availability of a Grand Villa at BWV look like the week of Christmas? For example if I wanted to book Tue Dec 22-Sat Dec 26 2021, how likely am I to get that right at 11 month window? Would I already be out of luck with people booking the full week when I hopped into the mix mid week?
    Are you checking out on 12/25 (Christmas) or 12/26?

Actually, it probably doesn't matter. If I really wanted that time in a GV, I'd walk it. I'd start with booking Saturday, 12/18 or maybe Friday, 12/17 plus as many days after that as I had available points. I'd do that as soon as the window opened for 12/17 or 12/18 as appropriate. Then on the subsequent day, I'd modify the reservation to drop the first night and add the next night. I'd continue the process until I had the actual reservation I needed.

Good luck!

Philsfan77

Mouseketeer
    I'd advise tracking it this year on your own, just to have some general idea, but I feel with the 50th anniversary celebrations going on that year, everything around Christmas time might be a little busier. Walking might be a good idea as the previous poster mentioned.

skier_pete

DIsney-holics Anon
    I'd advise tracking it this year on your own, just to have some general idea, but I feel with the 50th anniversary celebrations going on that year, everything around Christmas time might be a little busier. Walking might be a good idea as the previous poster mentioned.
    yeah - I'm a little leery of tracking around the 50th (especially say mid-September to mid-October) as I expect those to fill in quickly. I don't know that Christmas will be higher but it certainly would be possible in 2021.

_auroraborealis_

I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.
    Does not help that BWV has 7 GVs total. So it doesn't take much to block them from a new booking; it is easy enough for all the units to be taken by people just legit checking in before you do.

bandjbaine

Mouseketeer
    Thanks. I’ve been weighing a May 21 trip vs the Dec. I think I will poke around and watch availability this year. Had no idea when I originally posted there were only 7! I’ve been in early Dec several times and absolutely loved it. As long as I stay away from park closings I think I’ll shot for Dec the week leading up to Xmas(in 2021 Xmas eve is a friday). Do you think parks reach capacity and close the days leading up to Xmas?

skier_pete

DIsney-holics Anon
    Thanks. I’ve been weighing a May 21 trip vs the Dec. I think I will poke around and watch availability this year. Had no idea when I originally posted there were only 7! I’ve been in early Dec several times and absolutely loved it. As long as I stay away from park closings I think I’ll shot for Dec the week leading up to Xmas(in 2021 Xmas eve is a friday). Do you think parks reach capacity and close the days leading up to Xmas?
    The week leading up to Christmas is the one with the most availability. Dec 1- Dec 15th is very popular because of the low points, but Dec 15th to maybe Dec 23rd are much easier to get because they are higher points and most people don't like to travel right before Christmas.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS