Predicted DVC booking patterns - Studios, 1-BD & 2-BD charts (September 2019 2-BD added!)

bandjbaine

Mouseketeer
So, because the 2BR are all lock offs at BWV does that mean the 2BR standard view follows the same pattern as the Standard Studio BWV rooms?

skier_pete

DIsney-holics Anon
So, because the 2BR are all lock offs at BWV does that mean the 2BR standard view follows the same pattern as the Standard Studio BWV rooms?
Yes -I have checked this and confirmed - the 2-bedroom lockoff chart would exactly parallel the studios chart.

There are only 2 resorts that have only 2-bedroom lock-offs (no dedicated) and that is BWV and AKV-Jambo ONLY.

• CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
    Yes -I have checked this and confirmed - the 2-bedroom lockoff chart would exactly parallel the studios chart.

There are only 2 resorts that have only 2-bedroom lock-offs (no dedicated) and that is BWV and AKV-Jambo ONLY.
    BWV does have some dedicated studios and some dedicated 1 bedrooms. I've been told that the system books those before the lock offs, so there is at least some "head start" advantage for those who need a two bedroom.

BoardWalk Villas - Villa Types
    -97 Dedicated Studios
    -130 Dedicated 1BR villas
    -0 Dedicated 2BR villas
    -149 Lockoff 2BR villas
    -7 Grand Villas
    Total = 383 Villas / 532 Max. Available

But I still think Pete's studio charts are a good indicator for the BWV 2-bedrooms, and if you want a standard view, you need to book as soon as the window opens.

Last edited:

skier_pete

DIsney-holics Anon
    BWV does have some dedicated studios and some dedicated 1 bedrooms. I've been told that the system books those before the lock offs, so there is at least some "head start" advantage for those who need a two bedroom.

BoardWalk Villas - Villa Types
    -97 Dedicated Studios
    -130 Dedicated 1BR villas
    -0 Dedicated 2BR villas
    -149 Lockoff 2BR villas
    -7 Grand Villas
    Total = 383 Villas / 532 Max. Available

But I still think Pete's studio charts are a good indicator for the BWV 2-bedrooms, and if you want a standard view, you need to book as soon as the window opens.
    This is 100% correct - they fill the dedicated ones first and then the lock-offs. But they don't hold any lock-offs for people wanting to book 2-bedrooms - so when the studios are gone, so are the 2-bedrooms.

Note - this makes BWV an EXCELLENT place to pick up 1-bedrooms at 7 months most of the year round, since the studios get booked up quickly, this leaves a lot of "open" 1-bedrooms. Even Standard 1-bedrooms are often available at the 7-month mark.

mustinjourney

DIS Veteran
    This is 100% correct - they fill the dedicated ones first and then the lock-offs. But they don't hold any lock-offs for people wanting to book 2-bedrooms - so when the studios are gone, so are the 2-bedrooms.

Note - this makes BWV an EXCELLENT place to pick up 1-bedrooms at 7 months most of the year round, since the studios get booked up quickly, this leaves a lot of "open" 1-bedrooms. Even Standard 1-bedrooms are often available at the 7-month mark.
    No no no. DVD has clearly stated that 1BRs have more desirability than 2BRs!!!

/end sarcasm/

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
    There is a Q&A, but the answers have zero substance and speak in broad generalities. It’s a big dog and pony. Most come for the cookies.
    In December 2016 we got details re CCV including pictures, villa sizes (studio through GV), etc. We were hoping for Riviera details last December but no such luck. It was so useless that we've decided the cookies aren't worth it.

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
    Perhaps if a LARGE contingent showed up they’d have to take us seriously.
    There seemed to be several hundred people in the audience the two times we went. However, I don’t think there were many serious issues on members’ minds at the time - last December there were questions about the dues increase, but the 2020 points charts hadn’t been published yet. I imagine a larger percentage of attendees will have serious questions this year - points charts, lack of notice of TOTWL 4th of July closure and AKL-J value studio blockout for December, to name a few. It could be interesting, maybe.

ETA we couldn’t stay last year to talk to the execs at the cookie session after the meeting - I wonder how long they’ll stick around this year!

Last edited:

mustinjourney

DIS Veteran
    There seemed to be several hundred people in the audience the two times we went. However, I don’t think there were many serious issues on members’ minds at the time - last December there were questions about the dues increase, but the 2020 points charts hadn’t been published yet. I imagine a larger percentage of attendees will have serious questions this year - points charts, lack of notice of TOTWL 4th of July closure and AKL-J value studio blockout for December, to name a few. It could be interesting, maybe.

ETA we couldn’t stay last year to talk to the execs at the cookie session after the meeting - I wonder how long they’ll stick around this year!
    I’m seriously considering attending this year

skier_pete

DIsney-holics Anon
    Please, this thread is not really the place to discuss issues with the DVC operations, even if I agree with it. Let's keep it to availability discussions.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS