Predicted DVC booking patterns - Studios, 1-BD & 2-BD charts (September 2019 2-BD added!)

skier_pete

DIsney-holics Anon
Well before hearing him on the show I pictured him with more of a Mufasa(James Earl Jones) voice. So not sure if it’s an upgrade now knowing what he really sounds like. :rotfl2:

Just joking around. I love these charts and can’t wait for the 2 bedroom update!
:rotfl2:
Definitely not a Mufasa!

I keep changing microphones - I wish I sounded clearer, but over skype unfortunately I can't find a really solid (not expensive) option.

MinBz

Earning My Ears
Thanks for this amazing work. So excited to see the 2 bedroom data in a couple months.

• katandmouse

Mouseketeer
    Yes, thank you so much for your continued hard work @skier_pete! These charts were a tremendous help when we were deciding to purchase DVC and which home resort. I still have this bookmarked for planning our trips now. As we are planning to stay in 2 brs too, I’m looking forward to seeing those charts as well. In the meantime, it’s fun to watch the DVC Show!

denecarter

OKW 2003
    What are the chances of getting 2 grand villas at Old Key West on April 19 2020?

thanks,
    Dan
    A big problem with the system we have is that you just know if a particular room type has at least one room available, not how many. I can see there is at least one OKW GV for every day in April. There are no OKW GV available that week for the Hospitality House Area... of course, that isn’t surprising since there are only 2.

They are huge and cheap on points... and might go quickly.

emchen

Let's explore!
    That really IS a fantasy. There is absolutely no data available to read on how many people waitlist what, how many people cancel what, and how often waitlists come through. The best guess I would suggest is "The larger the room category, the more rooms are available, the better for a waitlist." In other words, if you want to waitlist at a resort, pick the one that has the most number of rooms. For example - at AKV - choose "Kidani - Savannah View", at Poly pick "Standard View" and BLT "Lake View" etc.
    Hi @skier_pete, first off, thanks to you and @Bing Showei for the man-hours you put into your charts. It has been so valuable in helping guide my decisions for sleep-around points (SAPs), exclusive-use points, and trip planning!

I was about to ask you to compile the "size of room category data" but found this through google search and thought I would share on this thread: https://*******.com/dvc-information/resort-information/dvc-room-inventory/

Thanks again to you and @Bing Showei for your efforts!

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
    Hi @skier_pete, first off, thanks to you and @Bing Showei for the man-hours you put into your charts. It has been so valuable in helping guide my decisions for sleep-around points (SAPs), exclusive-use points, and trip planning!

I was about to ask you to compile the "size of room category data" but found this through google search and thought I would share on this thread: https://*******.com/dvc-information/resort-information/dvc-room-inventory/

Thanks again to you and @Bing Showei for your efforts!
    That website is in the disboards.com filter and may not be discussed here.

If you are looking for the number of rooms in each size room per resort, we have that right here on the DIS. Check it out:

DVC RESOURCE CENTER

You'll find a lot of good info there.

emchen

Let's explore!
    We have a small Polynesian contract just looking to add points. This is our first contract and just trying to see what will work best for us. Whether it be more points there or a large contract at SSR for cheaper to just get away from the cold. The proximity to Disney springs is attractive yet idk of being closer to MK and buying in BRV is smarter. The extra years at SSR makes sense but what is your take on location. Just asking for opinions on what resorts you guys like prefer or flat out hate
    Your strategy is shared by many other owners. You may be interested to check out these:
    1. https://www.disboards.com/threads/sleep-around-points-the-thread.3762165/
    2. https://www.disboards.com/threads/exclusive-use-points-the-thread.3763742/

redc

Mouseketeer
    HOLY FREAKIN' COW. Just a Brilliant Analysis. Thank you Pete.
    Newly retired, we are in ROFR on 220 at BWV.
    And it's great to VISUALIZE our chances of booking at various resorts at various times of the year.
    HUGE thanks!!!!
    Red & Bonnie
    PS---Also, love your insights on the DIS-DVC shows.

skier_pete

DIsney-holics Anon
    Just a quick update. @Bing Showei and I are about 6 weeks away from completing the 2-bedroom availability charts, and we've then decided we will start on the Grand Villas at WDW. In addition. @BlazerFan has stepped forward and volunteered to complete the Aulani and VGC charts. So in a little over a year we should have pretty comprehensive charts completed.

Still looking for a HHI owner and a VB owner that would be interested in working on the charts for those resorts. Probably looking at 30 minutes (or less once you get the rhythm) every two weeks for a year to do the entire resort. Anyone out there interested?

BuzzyBelle

DIS Veteran
    Just a quick update. @Bing Showei and I are about 6 weeks away from completing the 2-bedroom availability charts, and we've then decided we will start on the Grand Villas at WDW. In addition. @BlazerFan has stepped forward and volunteered to complete the Aulani and VGC charts. So in a little over a year we should have pretty comprehensive charts completed.

Still looking for a HHI owner and a VB owner that would be interested in working on the charts for those resorts. Probably looking at 30 minutes (or less once you get the rhythm) every two weeks for a year to do the entire resort. Anyone out there interested?
    So excited for the 2br charts!! They’re great for both planning where we want to add on next as well as charting out next year’s trips. Such great info!

emchen

Let's explore!
    @skier_pete and @Bing Showei, if not too much trouble, can u add (max occupancy) next to each room chart? There is quite a variation, as you know, even for Studios and 1BRs throughout DVC properties.

Thanks in advance!

skier_pete

DIsney-holics Anon
    So thanks to @DaveNan for volunteering to do the HHI and VB charts! Let's see if he realizes what he's getting into!

@skier_pete and @Bing Showei, if not too much trouble, can u add (max occupancy) next to each room chart? There is quite a variation, as you know, even for Studios and 1BRs throughout DVC properties.

Thanks in advance!
    This data is pretty readily available out there in single tables. Dave's DVC rentals website, if you go to the cost calculator and scroll down below the calendar and click "Total Occupancy" it will show you all the resorts and their occupancy. No need to add it here.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS