Predicted DVC booking patterns - Studios, 1-BD & 2-BD charts (September 2019 2-BD added!)

DaveNan

Mouseketeer
First, thanks again for this thread! I used it (2015 version) before I bought points 2 years ago, and it help set my expectations. I believe I have now referenced if in at least 5 threads asking questions about availability.

Note to the Moderators:

I know it was added to the DVC resource center a few months back. I think it might be helpful to also have a link in the DVC renters forum "read this first" section. I see so many responses to points asking for villas that will clearly not be available.

• DavidMagic

Earning My Ears
    This is actually incredibly enlighting. As a soon-to-be DVC owner, it makes me see that it may be better for me to purchase a larger contract at a cheaper $/pt (like SSR) since I am primarily going to be booking 1BR-2BR, seems that at 7 months those are still bookable. Thanks a million! Also thanks to the YouTube channel for pointing this thread out.

skier_pete

DIsney-holics Anon

Matty B13

DIS Veteran
    I put a link on the first post - however, here it is:
    First off, I want to say you did a great job, Pete!

Secondly, I hope DVC sends you commision checks for all the extra points they are going to sell for 1 bedroom units because of your availability information. :-)

rongarbutt

Mathemagician
    Great podcast the other day! This is truly beautiful. I just want to clarify, reading the first line of the first chart:
    If I attempt to book AKL-Studio-Value for some time between January 1 through January 15th at some point 11 months prior, they would be "mostly" available. So this data was based on the availability checked during February in the prior year?

OR

If I want to book a trip in 11 months (December) and I attempt to book between January 1-15, the rooms are "mostly" available.

I think it is the first, but just wanted to check. Thanks!

Hjs33

Earning My Ears
    DVC Gold
    Great podcast the other day! This is truly beautiful. I just want to clarify, reading the first line of the first chart:
    If I attempt to book AKL-Studio-Value for some time between January 1 through January 15th at some point 11 months prior, they would be "mostly" available. So this data was based on the availability checked during February in the prior year?

OR

If I want to book a trip in 11 months (December) and I attempt to book between January 1-15, the rooms are "mostly" available.

Given how everything is harder to book for a Oct-Dec date, I also think it’s the first.

skier_pete

DIsney-holics Anon

OR

The first is correct. The chart shows the actual dates, not booking dates.

MickeyChic4

Earning My Ears
    Wow. What do you have waitlisted so far? I’d waitlists missing nights at BLT and BWV and hope you get one of them. If you get BLT, would you be willing to drop the last night at BWV?
    I have been able to get all 7 nights covered. I have some extra ones too until I decide for sure where we want to stay. I think we will do 2 nights AKL Jambo value studio, 2 nights BLT studios, AKL Kindani 1BR, 2 nights BWV(1BR/studio). The extras are BWV on 14th(which I’ll probably drop) and BWV on 17th) Are you interested in those BWV if I drop?

kboo

DIS Veteran
    I have been able to get all 7 nights covered. I have some extra ones too until I decide for sure where we want to stay. I think we will do 2 nights AKL Jambo value studio, 2 nights BLT studios, AKL Kindani 1BR, 2 nights BWV(1BR/studio). The extras are BWV on 14th(which I’ll probably drop) and BWV on 17th) Are you interested in those BWV if I drop?
    Oh no, I wasn't looking for those nights for myself - I was asking whether you would forgo BWV to get a longer stay at AKV/BLT and not have to move another time! Sorry for the confusion.

Mac5667

Earning My Ears
    I heard on one of the DVC fan shows that you are going to do an availability study on 2 Bedroom units. I'm especially excited about that because my family would need that size of unit. Thanks for doing this!

Hjs33

Earning My Ears
    DVC Gold
    Now that I've seen you on the DVC Show, when I read your DISBoard posts, it's in your voice. So cool!
    Well before hearing him on the show I pictured him with more of a Mufasa(James Earl Jones) voice. So not sure if it’s an upgrade now knowing what he really sounds like. :rotfl2:

Just joking around. I love these charts and can’t wait for the 2 bedroom update!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS