precheck with non-precheck friend ?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
I have the TSA precheck, and am looking at booking a girls trip (not Orlando) with a friend of mine who does not have it. If I booked both tickets would she get precheck? I'm thinking I would have to just wait for her on the other side.

I have the TSA precheck, and am looking at booking a girls trip (not Orlando) with a friend of mine who does not have it. If I booked both tickets would she get precheck? I'm thinking I would have to just wait for her on the other side.

She will not get TSA precheck. She'll have her own boarding pass and will have to meet you on the other side. Having said that, I don't have precheck status but on may last 6 SWA trips I've received it when I checked in.

I think its a big YMMV.

I did the same a few weeks ago, but we were booked on the same reservation, and she got precheck also, but we were not counting on it happening.

Every single time I have booked people together with me, they have had precheck. Every time. If I book them on their own reservation, nope.

We’ve only had precheck since last year, but 2 different times we’ve booked with a person without precheck on our same reservation, and they received precheck as well. We don’t go in expecting it, but it does happen.

I don't have pre-check and none of my traveling companions do either, but the times I've booked plane tickets (I usually book for the three at the same time), we had pre-check on our tickets....maybe it's because we booked the tickets 6-months in advance?

I'm the opposite of the others.
I have PreCheck, as does DD. We flew with my Mom in 2016, she does not have PreCheck. She did not get it so none of us used the pre-check lanes. I booked all the airfare for us together in one reservation on Southwest.

If you book her on the same reservation, she stands a good chance of getting it.

If you book her separately there's much less of a chance of her getting it, as it would be a very random thing.

The one time we were all booked together and DS and I didn't get it was on SW. DS was still young enough to go through with his dad, they took the electronics, and I went through the normal line with minimal stuff.

I have pre and Before my over 18 dds got their own precheck it was about 50/50 as to if they got precheck when on my confirmation. When they didn’t if the regular line was short I would just go through with them, mostly we just met up after though.

There is no rhyme or reason for who gets it. The only person guaranteed to get it our travelers that paid for it. Sometimes I get it and my dh does not. One time 3 of us on the same reservation got it, & I did not.

Agree with PP - it's a crap shoot as to who gets it and who doesn't, even when a person on the reservation has paid for pre-check. The last three times I've flown, I received it. Just flew last week and didn't receive it in either direction. DH, who has flown with me every time, has never received it. We're always on the same reservation and we both have frequent flyer numbers. Its kind of like receiving WDW pin codes (is that still a thing?)... any guess is a good one!

My DH flew as on my companion pass all of last year - I have TSA pre-check. He never got it, even booked that way! After our last MCO experience (I was through in 5 minutes, took him almost 45), he got it too.

So it comes up on your boarding pass? So the boarding pass prints with Pre-check printed on it?
I have never gotten a Disney pin either. I’m 7 days pre disney.:flower1:

Yes, it shows up on your boarding pass. If you don’t notice it the first TSA agent you see at the beginning of the line will point it out to you. We haven’t bought precheck and usually some of us on the same reservation get it, some don’t. No rhyme or reason.

Every single time I have booked people together with me, they have had precheck. Every time. If I book them on their own reservation, nope.

What airline? In our party, we are 4 precheck adults, but none of our additional passengers have ever gotten precheck when on my itinerary. We fly jetblue and SW only. I keep reading post like yours and keep wondering why we don’t get it for our additional passengers. This June we are traveling with a party of 8 on jetblue and again 4 of us are precheck, but the 4 others are not. One is under 12, but the others are not. All have trueblue accounts. Crazy.

Pretty sure airline has nothing to do with it. It is TSA based, not airline specific. We tend to fly Delta, will be flying Southwest to MCO in March, will see what happens then. The last time my husband and I got precheck and our 15 year old daughter did not. We sent her through regular to get her used to doing it independently and she was through before we were!

Just flew sprit down, SWA back. Neither time did the other adult & child get it. They fly a few ties a year.

What airline? In our party, we are 4 precheck adults, but none of our additional passengers have ever gotten precheck when on my itinerary. We fly jetblue and SW only. I keep reading post like yours and keep wondering why we don’t get it for our additional passengers. This June we are traveling with a party of 8 on jetblue and again 4 of us are precheck, but the 4 others are not. One is under 12, but the others are not. All have trueblue accounts. Crazy.

I’d say 80% of the time on SWA others on my tix do get the precheck. When flying spirit or allegiant, rarely.

We fly twice per year and the last few years DD16 and DD14 have gotten pre check. When I asked at DEN to go with them as a parent they allowed it and also let DS12 go, but DH had to go thru regular line. Understandable. At MCO, they would not allow it. We also are always booked on same reservation, but only 2 DDs get it.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts