Pre-trip report -we leave Sun. & trip was planned only a week ago!!

Pooh-sized

Earning My Ears
Well I am a spur of the moment type of gal, I like having "crunch" time where I have to hurry up and plan everything and get it done in record time.

Background: I have been working from home for the last year and may possible by going back to work in corporate America soon. I am the single parent of a DD20 and a DS8. So last week I was sitting around thinking..."I've had a whole year of time to myself, I should have done more stuff that I wanted to during this time." Then it came to me "my son is 8 and this is the absolute best time to bring him to Disney!" The last time we went was when the kids were 2 and 14...not exactly the time to bring either to Disney! So...I started scheming in my head and planning on the computer. 2 days later I went in to my daughters room after she got home from work and said "where does every kid in the world want to go?" and she replied "I dont know but wherever it is I dont want to be there!!" (she's not a real kid lover...ha) Her tune changed as soon as I said "no, seriously, where does every kid want to go and should at least go once as a child...?" She looked at me and her eyes started sparkling a little and she tentatively said "Disney?" I said "I decided that your brother needs to go to Disney now, before he gets any older..." and my voice trailed off explaining to her all my reasons why I wanted to go, she started yelling over my voice "AM I GOING? ARE WE GOING TO DISNEY? JUST TELL ME NOW...! AM I GOING!!" and she could tell by my smile that she was and she started screaming. I said "wait a second, just a minute ago you didnt want to go where every kid on earth wants to go..." (I was teasing her and she knew it) and she said "oh mom you know I want to go to Disney!"

So, then I had to tell me son. He watches Disney Channel all the time so I figured this would be easy. Well, not exactly. I didnt get the reaction I was hoping for since he is looking forward to a cruise we have planned in November and he thought he had to choose between the 2 vacations. He said he wanted to go on the cruise more because there are a lot fo things to do ona cruise and they have a milkshake maker on there. HAHAHA...I said "son, you watch too much Zack and Cody! There are a lot of things to do on a cruise, true, but the reason to go on one is not because of a milkshake maker. There will be plenty of things to do at Disney and milkshakes too...trust me." So I showed him online a bunch of videos and promos and things for WDW. He is hyped now and the three of us walk around everyday singing a little tune "we're going to Diiiisney, we're going to Diiisney!" heehee

It makes it even better to me that I planned it at the last minute because we dont have to wait forever for the trip to come! it is almost here!

We are going to leave Sunday and stay a night on the road and then the next night stay at Holiday Inn Main Gate so we are ready to go the next morning (Tuesday). We are checking into POP for a 4 day MYW vacation package and kids are free so how cool is that??

So...I've booked a hotel for the night we leave POP. I think I will be too tired to start driving back that night so we will stay off of I-drive. Thankfully I used to live in florida and am pretty familiar with the area although a lot has changed.

I remember when I used to have season passes, back when Fla residents could buy passes to go anytime during 3-4 months of the year. Not sure how it works now but I used to buy those every year and go with my daughter when she was under 3 all the time since she got in free!

As far as ADR's and where we are eating...we are pretty much going to eat CS meals and go to Rainforest cafe since we liked the one in Texas when we went. My son choose that over a character dinner and this vacation is pretty much all about him even though my daughter and I are seemingly way more excited to go at this point. I think it has to do with the fact that my son doesnt really know what to expect since he was only 2 last time he was there.

I was thinking about decorating our room door after I read some posts about it, but I think we will pass on that this year. With it being so last minute, there is only so many trips I can take to the store in these last 4 days before we leave!! I've already been out buying stuff everyday for the last week almost! Clothes, sundries, electronics, etc...!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter