Pre-trip report: UnDisney Family in denial about Gold Status -Norwegian Fjords - August 16-26 2018

Hi! Just following along your pre trip report. We're Canadian and also going to be on this cruise. Glad to hear that they'll be a lot of Canadians.

We're arriving a few days early and spending time in DLP, so we're flying directly into CDG.

And yes, it's definitely hot out on this Canada Day weekend. It's way too hot for me to go out to celebrate. It is a zillion degrees out there.

Cool! (I mean you going on the cruise... not the weather. ICK. )

It may be a zillion degrees out, but it must be confronted today... wish me luck!

I’m so happy to have stumbled upon your latest report! I’ll be reading along.
Sounds like a great trip!

Four-and-a-bit weeks away - aka - Time to Ramp Up

Okey dokey folks. This is getting serious. We need to move away from pre-packing to full-on PACK mode. We needed to wait until today, you see, due to needing to spend one night overnight at camp with the kiddo, which our middle-aged backs survived.

We shall pause to just see how awesome Canada can be... good to remember while getting ready to waltz off to Europe. This was our after breakfast 'excursion'... and it was amazing. And, well, free.

image1.jpeg

Anyhow- the camp stuff is in the laundry (so much stuff for one night! It horrified the child - had to explain that even camps with cabins don't provide things like food, sheets, towels, etc., and no, his parents were actually purposefully embarrassing him).

This 4+ week mark (for us, it's 4 weeks from Monday that we leave, vs. just a day under 5 weeks that we board) is definitely time for actual putting of things at least NEAR suitcases, and for the lists to be whipped into shape.

Fear not- we've been busy. In the last few weeks, we have:

A) Obtained cash from 5 countries (US- for tips, UK, Iceland, Norway, Denmark)
B) Revisited our rain gear collection and updated appropriately. Bonus in that most of it can be bundled into little packages/bags. (Slightly bigger thn 2 Tsum Tsums)
C) Procured most (but not all) of our FE stuff.
D) Started tossing things in an empty laundry hamper that we'll need on the trip, but not in the next 4 weeks.
E) Contacted the cat sitting folks and booked them for the 2 weeks we'll be away, and sat the kittens down to prepare them (ha!)

On the work front, this is when I start the master To-Do list to ensure I get things done before I leave. This is the main plan for this weekend, actually. It seems extreme, I know, but it does allow me the delusion of control, and it means that when I'm on vacation, I'm officially off-line. Since my job requires a lot of prepping for the new academic year, well, a 2 week trip in August is a bit of a challenge... but hey, what is life without a challenge?

(Gotta love it when my weekend to-do list includes ... make a master to-do list... :) )

I'll update more this weekend, but I am currently awaiting the last load of laundry from our one-night trip.

Up next:

Lists
Lists
and
More Lists

And, things I often forget, but I'm trying not to forget this time.

I just finished my list of the currency amount we'll need. It does take more planning with so many currencies.

On our British Isle cruise it was US$, GBP and Euro...which doesn't seem too many now.

Thanks for updating!

Enjoying your pre trip report, It's getting really close now! We are also on this cruise I can't wait to go!!! :yay:

We are just starting to pack and our daughter is away for a month at a pre collage program We pick her up on Friday so she's really going to have to pack and go...

See you real soon!

Enjoying your pre trip report, It's getting really close now! We are also on this cruise I can't wait to go!!! :yay:

We are just starting to pack and our daughter is away for a month at a pre collage program We pick her up on Friday so she's really going to have to pack and go...

See you real soon!

I haven't started packing...I usually make a list for my children and give them by the end of the weekend to get their clothes etc ready. Then I take a few days to pack...

There was just so many other planning needed. I'm so excited as well!:yay:

I was just looking at the Disney cruise line blog, saw the navigators for this itinerary pop up and thought wait, weren't they going on this trip? It's been a month come on with the trip report already what you have jobs? a life? ;) I hope it was a fantastic trip for you all and to be reading a trip report soon.

I just finished my list of the currency amount we'll need. It does take more planning with so many currencies.

On our British Isle cruise it was US$, GBP and Euro...which doesn't seem too many now.

Thanks for updating!

No problem... though I apparently disappeared off the face of the planet after that post! :)

See you real soon!

I hope you had as great at time as we did!

I haven't started packing...I usually make a list for my children and give them by the end of the weekend to get their clothes etc ready. Then I take a few days to pack...

There was just so many other planning needed. I'm so excited as well!:yay:

We had a lot of planning and packing, but for once I felt it went well. PHEW.

Looking forward to hearing about this cruise! Happy day 1!

Yep- getting on it! Finally caught up at work so I can get to my TR.

Annnnnnddddd you're off!!!!!!!

Have a fantastic time, can't wait to read all about it upon your return :)

Stay tuned! (And thanks!)

I was just looking at the Disney cruise line blog, saw the navigators for this itinerary pop up and thought wait, weren't they going on this trip? It's been a month come on with the trip report already what you have jobs? a life? ;) I hope it was a fantastic trip for you all and to be reading a trip report soon.

Yes- jobs, life, back to school, and ramping up figure skating have been deterrents to reliving the cruise... I'm starting tonight!

Where I move through, ahem, 2 months, in 1 post.

So- I actually did well with packing. I'll put that in the actual TR. There was a bit (a lot) of a work-a-thon before the cruise, but I survived.

We all did well, actually.. and we had minimal drama.

And with that INCREDIBLY exciting update.... I lead you now to... The TR. :)

(Which I will link to in a few minutes once I get that beast started....)

We are planning for this cruise in July 2019. Can’t wait to read all about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!