Pre-Trip Report: Of course Big Shot needs my support!!!!

dapod423

Mouseketeer
Hi all!!! I'm going to start my pre-trip report for my upcoming quick, last minute trip to WDW. DM, DS5 and myself will be heading down 6/17-6/21. Just 3 full days. This trip came about quickly and unexpectedly. Let's see if I can sum it up and not be too long about it.....

My DH works in law enforcement. Every 6-8 months or so his schedule gets changed around. I am an RN and my work days are scheduled around his. My schedule also gets done about 6-8 weeks in advance. So when DH's schedule gets changed mine has already been completed. Then it's a matter of changing my schedule around so that our DS5 is not home alone with the dog ;) . So about 3 weeks ago DH tells me "it's that time again". His schedule is changing. So now I have to find someone to switch a day with me as I can no longer work 6/19.

So that night I was at work looking at something Disney related :-)confused3 and I come across the list of bands playing at Epcot. Lo and behold our favorite Billy Joel Tribute Band, Big Shot, is playing :) We live on Long Island and anything Billy Joel related is a big deal and Big Shot is very popular. So I see the dates are 6/18-6/23. Hmmmm. I am working 6/16, 6/19 and 6/22. Now I can't work 6/19 anyway due to DH work schedule. I wonder..... my wheels start turning. :idea: I go online and see there is a studio available at SSR for the 4 nights I want :woohoo:. I am fortunate enough to have a GREAT supervisor at work. She also owns DVC. So I cook up this little plan to ask her for the 19th off and then plan a trip. Because of course you have to support your local artists. So the following night she and I are working together and I am trying to time my request perfectly. I don't want her to think that I'm requesting off just to go to Disney World (but really who am I kidding?). Regardless of whether the trip work out I can't work on the 19th. So she and I are just sitting down to eat and I plan to ask her. No sooner does she sit down she says to me "Did I tell you how my friend screwed me over with my points?" Really nope you didn't. She goes on to tell me how she has these 74 points transferred into her account that she can't use, bank or transfer out. So my response is "Well I may be able to help you if you help me".

So this is how this quick trip came about. It's a WIn-WIN situation. She gave me the night off, I can now go to Disney World :cloud9: (to support my local artists ;)) and I was able to take 64 points off her hands :cool2:Originally when we checked online that night only 3 of the 4 nights was available so we had planned to book the three, pay cash for the 4th and waitlist. But when she called MS she was able to get all 4 nights!!! :flower3:

So I have to work Saturday night 6/16. I will get home around 930am. We fly out about 215pm arriving at MCO at 455pm. So I figure the first night we will just relax, go in the pool and maybe to DTD for dinner. I will be exhausted having worked the night before and not slept but really who cares? I'll be in my happy place. :yay: I'm not doing the DP. I didn't think we could get any ADRs this close and I want to try this whole "not being tied down to eating" thing. I'll give it a whirl. Then we will have 3 full days in the parks. Epcot Monday and then DHS and MK. Not sure which order yet. Will probably check the crown calendar. Then we will come home early Thursday morning. We have tickets for the Brooklyn Cyclones that evening so we'll be home around 1pm. I also purchased 6 day PH from UT that I will upgrade to DVC APs as we are going to the world again in Oct (pre 4 night cruise on the Dream) and December.

Oh one last thing. I haven't told DS5 about this trip. He keeps randomly asking if we can go to Disney World. My plan is to come home Sunday morning from work and say to him "Hey! Do you want to go somewhere special today we Mama(that's what he calls my mom) and I?" I can't wait for his reaction!!!

So I guess that's about it. Just need to get all my stuff together. I'll update this PTR as I cross things of my list. I already did online check in today!!

When things fall into place like that you gotta believe that it was meant to be!! :thumbsup2 Sounds perfect to me; please do a trip report when you get back!

6 more days!! Just two more work nights. Although I have to pack for my son tomorrow. I have to do it while he's in school so he doesn't see and he graduates PreSchool on Weds!!!

I was really excited that I'll be in Disney for the summer concert series. I went too late in August to catch the event last summer. I really enjoy outdoor music events and don't go often enough. I went to the first outdoor music event that the local Harwinton, CT Lions Club produced. It was a Beatles tribute band and we had a ball. It's held at the fair grounds and you can bring lawn chairs and coolers.

Big Shot is playing this year. A Simon and Garfunkel band is playing also.

Might be a good road trip for you from Long Island.

Anyway, you may see me at EPCOT having a good time. :)

Packed my DS's suitcase today. He won't even notice because it's still in the spare bedroom where it got left after our cruise in May! Doing laundry now and will pack myself Thursday night after DS goes to bed.

Still very excited. Now I just have to workout how much it should cost to upgrade our 6 day PH to DVC APs. And I think I'm going to start off my conversation with the CM at Guest Relations with "Do you know what bridging is and do you know how to do it? Will that save me some time and aggravation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter