Pre-Trip Report(7) - Trip Goals

DVC_Dreamer

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
Pre-Trip Report - 7 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

Just 7 days to go. Seems like only 1 week... :cool1:

DW excited that we got an extra ME tag after she called GS earlier this week. They overnighted them. Thanks GS, Your Awesome !!!!

It's a good idea to have a couple trip goals. These are things that if I don't make a priority, won't happen.

A good example of this would be from several years ago. I told my gang that I wanted a picture of us in front of each park's signature site. No whining.

This picture proves I accomplished my goal. DD and I put this together for my DW as a Christmas present.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This year's goals:

1 - Picture of whole gang of 8 in front of each park
2 - See all three night time fireworks shows - MK, EPCOT and DHS. I hear Fantasmic is new.
3 - Document my meals with pictures - I like looking at the food pictures and have to discipline self to make it happen. :laughing:
4 - Late night extra magic hours - I'm a morning person but enjoyed this last year.
5 - Spend time with music acts at EPCOT - Not happy with amount of time I got last year for my music fix.
6 - Father/Daughter time - DD and I really enjoyed some alone time last year at extra magic hours and eating at Poly.

:woohoo:

Pre-Trip Report - 7 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

Just 7 days to go. Seems like only 1 week... :cool1:

DW excited that we got an extra ME tag after she called GS earlier this week. They overnighted them. Thanks GS, Your Awesome !!!!

It's a good idea to have a couple trip goals. These are things that if I don't make a priority, won't happen.

A good example of this would be from several years ago. I told my gang that I wanted a picture of us in front of each park's signature site. No whining.

This picture proves I accomplished my goal. DD and I put this together for my DW as a Christmas present.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This year's goals:

1 - Picture of whole gang of 8 in front of each park
2 - See all three night time fireworks shows - MK, EPCOT and DHS. I hear Fantasmic is new.
3 - Document my meals with pictures - I like looking at the food pictures and have to discipline self to make it happen. :laughing:
4 - Late night extra magic hours - I'm a morning person but enjoyed this last year.
5 - Spend time with music acts at EPCOT - Not happy with amount of time I got last year for my music fix.
6 - Father/Daughter time - DD and I really enjoyed some alone time last year at extra magic hours and eating at Poly.

:woohoo:

What a great Christmas present for your wife! I'm sure she loved it. I'd love something like that. The first year we went to DW with our children (they were two) we could not get a decent picture in front of the castle. One was either crying or not looking at the camera. Luckily we were able to get one in front of the "ball" at Epcot. We got one on our last trip but we were there at Christmas and I feel like the castle is a little obstructed by the decorations. This is the year I'm hoping for that great family photo in front of the castle. Keep your fingers crossed for me. We haven't even attempted to get one in front of the tree in AK or the hat in DHS. Maybe this year we'll try for those too.

This year we also want to see all the night time fireworks displays. We always see Wishes. We saw Illuminations once with our kids but missed it on our last trip. We've never seen Fantasmic. Maybe this time we'll get lucky and hit all three; it's our plan.

BTW, our trips overlap. We leave on Thursday for 8 nights. Maybe our families will bump into each other trying to get that great picture in front of each park or at one of the firework displays.

Have a great trip!

What a great Christmas present for your wife! I'm sure she loved it. I'd love something like that. The first year we went to DW with our children (they were two) we could not get a decent picture in front of the castle. One was either crying or not looking at the camera. Luckily we were able to get one in front of the "ball" at Epcot. We got one on our last trip but we were there at Christmas and I feel like the castle is a little obstructed by the decorations. This is the year I'm hoping for that great family photo in front of the castle. Keep your fingers crossed for me. We haven't even attempted to get one in front of the tree in AK or the hat in DHS. Maybe this year we'll try for those too.

This year we also want to see all the night time fireworks displays. We always see Wishes. We saw Illuminations once with our kids but missed it on our last trip. We've never seen Fantasmic. Maybe this time we'll get lucky and hit all three; it's our plan.

BTW, our trips overlap. We leave on Thursday for 8 nights. Maybe our families will bump into each other trying to get that great picture in front of each park or at one of the firework displays.

Have a great trip!

You're proving my point about making the picture taking a goal. If you have the chance and miss it by saying, "Next time" or "Later in the week", your cooked. "Next time" doesn't come. You have to gather the troops for the picture even though they may be excited to work the park.

I'm hoping by staying at BLT and BWV, I'm more likely to stay up late and see the firework shows. It's so easy to walk "Home". Or, if I'm hanging at the resort, it's easy to just walk over just to see the show.

If you see me and recognize my big Goofy grin, please say "Hello" and tell where your from. :hippie: That's what we do at WDW, "Where you from?"
I go 240 lbs and 6'2" so I'm easy to spot.

I may be big but if I'm on my way to Soarin' first thing at rope drop, I might be tough to catch up to. :yay:

Have a great time !!! Glad you like my poster. I have several from our trips hanging in my family room. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter