Pre-Trip Report(3) - ADR's

DVC_Dreamer

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
Pre-Trip Report - 3 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

We've only set up 4 ADR's for this trip. When we were WDW newbies, we had an ADR set up for every day. We love to eat and we love the buffet's. We've found that it's just too much food. Especially, in the heat of the summer, I just can't comfortable pack it all in. Besides, I can't hardly move after some of those big meals. We have the TIW discount card leftover from last year. We debated the meal plan slightly but I expect our meals to be mostly scattered, casual, unplanned and quick service. Maybe a plan that's half sit down and half counter service would work for us?

When we arrive on Saturday, we'll let CR know we've arrived and Walk ( :cool1:Hee, Hee, love that walk part) over to MK and Columbia Harbor House. No ADR of course and it's tradition. I'm thinking about getting the new lobster roll. Problem is that I read a bad review about it yesterday. Seems it has onions and lots of mayo on it. I'm kind of a lobster roll connoisseur. I'm worried about wasting a meal on it. If anyone's had this, let me know what you think.

ADR's are:

1 - Garden Grill - At first, I wasn't too excited about this choice that DW made. I've been here before and couldn't think of why we're going back.
We do have one newbie in our party and DW thought she'd like it. I was browsing web yesterday and I'm having a change of heart. It's been awhile, characters are cute, food looks good and the atmosphere is fun.

2 - Sanaa - Really excited to check out this restaurant and hang around Kidani Village a bit. We have an early afternoon ressie. I've never been and it will be the only new restaurant we check out this week.

3 - Sci-Fi - One of my favorites and I don't mind going again.

4 - 1900 Park Fare - This one is for my DD. She's eats vegan and asks for special service at every restaurant we go to. It's kind of fun to see how the restaurant and chef react. Well, 1900 Park Fare was by far the best to her last year and I have proof. TJ the chef is an awesome guy and chef. His enthusiasm and work is out of this world. Props !!! :thumbsup2

Proof - I think TJ gets bored serving the same buffet items. These are works of art.

imagewit.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-24

imagelnj.jpg

imageqzi.jpg

imagejlxi.jpg

DD and TJ celebrating

imagehgw.jpg

I almost married off my boys to evil stepsisters. :rotfl:

imagegcj.jpg

imageeeb.jpg

Hey pal, watch it with my DW and DD. I'm a jealous guy. :)

imagerps.jpg

Ok, belly get ready. Your in for a week in food paradise. :wave2:

We ate at Columbia Harbor house last week and I had the grilled salmon with couscous and broccoli. It was really good and didn't feel heavy. It seemed to have a mildly sweet glaze.

We love Sanaa! If you like spicy, try the Durban chicken. The bread service is awesome and we really like the pickled garlic that comes with it.

We did Sci-fi last week and didn't really like it. We mostly didn't like not being able to face each other at a table and have a conversation (there were 8 of us). It was a unique experience, but I don't think we will ever go there again. It was really quiet, since everyone seemed to be watching the movies!

We liked Garden Grill as well. My only complaint is that photos with the characters do not turn out very good since you tend to be shooting against a dark background. Mickey's ears kind of disappear in the darkness. The food was excellent! We would definitely do GG again.

You may want to check out the new flatbreads at Pinnochio Village House. We did not get a chance to try them, but they look really good in some pictures I have seen.

Bon Appetit!!

We ate at Columbia Harbor house last week and I had the grilled salmon with couscous and broccoli. It was really good and didn't feel heavy. It seemed to have a mildly sweet glaze.

We love Sanaa! If you like spicy, try the Durban chicken. The bread service is awesome and we really like the pickled garlic that comes with it.

We did Sci-fi last week and didn't really like it. We mostly didn't like not being able to face each other at a table and have a conversation (there were 8 of us). It was a unique experience, but I don't think we will ever go there again. It was really quiet, since everyone seemed to be watching the movies!

We liked Garden Grill as well. My only complaint is that photos with the characters do not turn out very good since you tend to be shooting against a dark background. Mickey's ears kind of disappear in the darkness. The food was excellent! We would definitely do GG again.

You may want to check out the new flatbreads at Pinnochio Village House. We did not get a chance to try them, but they look really good in some pictures I have seen.

Bon Appetit!!

Great tips!!!

I've heard good things about Sanaa ever since DW booked it.
DW has mentioned trying Pinnochio Village House. With the new flatbreads, we really need to try. Glad to hear Garden Grill was good.

I'm sure I won't go hungry. :thumbsup2

Thanks !!!

Nice choices -- you're getting so close to take-off!

I'm so horrible and impatient like a little kid. Anticipation is fun but a little bit of torture too.

Can't wait. One more long work day....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter