Pre-Trip Report(25) - Weather Report

DVC_Dreamer

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
Pre-Trip Report - 25 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

Let's talk about the weather.

I've never been to WDW in June. I'm wondering about the weather.

We've traveled in August a couple times due to kids in school. I found this article with a Google search, "When to Visit Orlando".

Here's their take on the Orlando weather.

Weather Information

In subtropical Orlando, average temperatures range from a low of 48 degrees in January to a high of 92 degrees in July and August. Year-round, rain showers are common but usually brief. The months of June through September are hot and steamy, with sudden, heavy thunderstorms occurring almost every afternoon. Bring light, moisture-wicking clothing and a raincoat or poncho for travel during these months. Other months are milder and drier, so pack layers, particularly for trips during November through April. Sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and an umbrella are musts for any trip.

If you're planning to come in the late summer or early fall, be aware that there's a chance you may encounter a hurricane or tropical storm. According to the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Association, the Atlantic hurricane season officially runs from June 1 to November 30, with maximum activity occurring in September. After going years without experiencing much hurricane activity, Orlando was hit hard in 2004, with hurricanes Charley, Frances, and Jeanne causing park closures.

Don't forget the poncho's. We did and had to buy ours in the park. At least we have them now for this trip.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We did experience Charley in 2004. That was wild. Parks did a great job batten down the hatches. We weathered the storm at the Poly. Lots of tree damage that was sad.

This guy seems to be doing alright despite the heat.

imageppe.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-20

I've heard that June is rainy season and as hot as August. I do know August is HOT. :firefight I'll never forget the first walk through MK last year. I was amazed at how hot. The news said we were breaking record heat the week we were there. We managed.

I don't mind the afternoon thunderstorm. You can count on it and it cools things off. We've had good luck with weather over the years. Just hope it's like this picture I took from the sky bridge at CR/BLT.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What kind of weather can we expect in mid-June?

I know every year can be different, but we stayed at OKW in June a few years ago. We had nice weather (I like 80 degree plus weather!) and only one real day of rain. We usually travel in August (myself, DD, DSonInLaw are public school employees) and we were there in 2004 for Charley! I'll never forget sitting in the villa (BCV) watching the rain and the wind. The cast members were wonderful-we couldn't believe the parks were open late the next day-especially after seeing all the damage on our drive back to the airport.

I know every year can be different, but we stayed at OKW in June a few years ago. We had nice weather (I like 80 degree plus weather!) and only one real day of rain. We usually travel in August (myself, DD, DSonInLaw are public school employees) and we were there in 2004 for Charley! I'll never forget sitting in the villa (BCV) watching the rain and the wind. The cast members were wonderful-we couldn't believe the parks were open late the next day-especially after seeing all the damage on our drive back to the airport.

Yes, 80's would be nice. The talk of tropical storms makes me nervous.

During Charlie, my group thought the roof was going to come off the Poly hotel unit we were in. They made a run for the main house against my plead. The staff sent them back to the room where we put our mattress against the slider window. We rode it out but not withstanding a little panic.

Here's to good weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!