Pre-Trip Report(21) - Best Sandwich On Property?

DVC_Dreamer

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
Pre-Trip Report - 21 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

I love a good sandwich. My DD laughs at me at how excited I get when I visit her college sandwich shop and order a foot long Italian grinder with the works. Her and I also had some fun father/daughter time alone checking out Poly's Capt. Cooks quick service and reminiscing our past stay there.

This picture is from GF quick service shop. I think this was an Italian sandwich. GF had the largest menu as I remember compared to CR and Poly. I like staying at the MK resorts so I can try out the quick service shops at all the resorts. This trip I'll pay more attention to the quick service food and report back. There are some great sandwiches to be had. They use good bread and variety.

imageczf.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-19

I enjoyed the GF sandwich, the BBQ pork at Poly and the CR sandwich was good, quick and easy. Also, I'm a huge potato chip fan and WDW has some awesome home made chips. They're a bit brown and have a nice flavoring added. :thumbsup2

Any suggestions for quick service sandwiches?

Pre-Trip Report - 21 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

I love a good sandwich. My DD laughs at me at how excited I get when I visit her college sandwich shop and order a foot long Italian grinder with the works. Her and I also had some fun father/daughter time alone checking out Poly's Capt. Cooks quick service and reminiscing our past stay there.

This picture is from GF quick service shop. I think this was an Italian sandwich. GF had the largest menu as I remember compared to CR and Poly. I like staying at the MK resorts so I can try out the quick service shops at all the resorts. This trip I'll pay more attention to the quick service food and report back. There are some great sandwiches to be had. They use good bread and variety.

imageczf.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-19

I enjoyed the GF sandwich, the BBQ pork at Poly and the CR sandwich was good, quick and easy. Also, I'm a huge potato chip fan and WDW has some awesome home made chips. They're a bit brown and have a nice flavoring added. :thumbsup2

Any suggestions for quick service sandwiches?

It's not in a resort but...Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney.

It's not in a resort but...Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney.

I'll go anywhere on property for a good sandwich. :lmao:

I believe I had a nice roast beef with horseradish sauce at Earl's. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the tip.

Let me tell you something. The Holiday sandwich at the Earl of Sandwich shop in the DTD Marketplace is outstanding. It's seasonal, but they start serving it the first week of Oct. Do yourself a BIG favor and get one when you can. OMG, it's like Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner on bread. :cloud9:

Let me tell you something. The Holiday sandwich at the Earl of Sandwich shop in the DTD Marketplace is outstanding. It's seasonal, but they start serving it the first week of Oct. Do yourself a BIG favor and get one when you can. OMG, it's like Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner on bread. :cloud9:

I see Earl of Sandwich in my future. DW is not a Downtown Disney fan but DS and friend will want to go. DW is not a shopper and feels like time spent at DD could be in the parks. :hug:

I see Earl of Sandwich in my future. DW is not a Downtown Disney fan but DS and friend will want to go. DW is not a shopper and feels like time spent at DD could be in the parks. :hug:

Your DW and I would get along well - I feel the same way about shopping.

About sandwiches, MK has new ones near the Hall of Presidents - made out of waffles, no less. I never made it to that area to get one on my last visit but hope to in the future. Here's a review from disneyfoodblog --

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/11/13/new-waffle-sandwiches-at-magic-kingdoms-sleepy-hollow/

I love those homemade chips, too! A friend and I split those for lunch one rainy day at the AK - delicious.

Your DW and I would get along well - I feel the same way about shopping.

About sandwiches, MK has new ones near the Hall of Presidents - made out of waffles, no less. I never made it to that area to get one on my last visit but hope to in the future. Here's a review from disneyfoodblog --

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/11/13/new-waffle-sandwiches-at-magic-kingdoms-sleepy-hollow/

I love those homemade chips, too! A friend and I split those for lunch one rainy day at the AK - delicious.

This is very inventive and looks good. Thanks for the tip.

ok after reading this thread and looking @ all the food pics especially on the disney food blog,omg! Those waffle sandwich, and ice cream pics,dear lord why I need to drop an extra 5lbs before we go!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

ok after reading this thread and looking @ all the food pics especially on the disney food blog,omg! Those waffle sandwich, and ice cream pics,dear lord why I need to drop an extra 5lbs before we go!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I took pictures of all our food this trip. Watch my trip report for the details. I tried the waffle sandwich too. Yes, give yourself a 5lb head start. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!