Pre-Trip Report(18) - Celebrate Freedom

DVC_Dreamer

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
Pre-Trip Report - 18 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

Happy Memorial Day !!!

Today is a day we remember those who died serving our country.

Patriotism and freedom is not lost on me when I visit WDW. I feel a great sense of gratitude that a place like WDW exists. Creativity and freedom of expression only exist here because it's been paid for by sacrifices of men and women who served our military.

I found this article at LaughingPlace.com I know Walt and Roy Disney loved their country. The article says.
Crofton welcomed veterans to the career expo, reminding attendees The Walt Disney Company was founded by two World War I veterans-Walt Disney and Roy Disney- and love for country and support for the U.S. Armed Forces is a long-standing Disney tradition.

Walt was not a World War I veteran but it's cool that WDW still honors our military. It's awesome that WDW has Shades Of Green. A recreation center started by U.S. soldiers on WDW property.

Wikipedia states Walt's military record this way:
He became the cartoonist for the school newspaper, drawing patriotic topics and focusing on World War I. Despite dropping out of high school at the age of sixteen to join the army, Disney was rejected for being underage.[19]

After his rejection by the army, Walt and a friend decided to join the Red Cross.[20] Soon after joining he was sent to France for a year, where he drove an ambulance, but only after the armistice was signed on November 11, 1918.[21]

Roy's record from Wikipedia:
Roy served in the US Navy from 1917–19; a year later his brother Walt tried joining the US Army, only being refused due to being under age. Roy was later discharged from military duty after suffering an injury, and became a banker in Los Angeles.

I enjoy all that is uniquely American at Walt Disney World. It's a celebration of our success and freedom. I hope you remember today and enjoy your next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!