Pre-Trip Report(15) - Top Cool Treats

DVC_Dreamer

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
Pre-Trip Report - 15 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

This topic is inspired by DW's suggestion yesterday morning.

DW: "Oooh, Oooh You have to talk about the treats !!! "

Me: "What treats? Can you be a little more specific? "

DW: "Slushies, Dole Whip and Margarita's"

Me: "Oh, those treats. Thanks"

Yes, we love the Cool Treats in the summer especially.

1 - Dole Whip - I'm not sure the treats actual experience matches the enthusiasm people have for it. I mean, I like it, but people rave about this treat. On our arrival to WDW and MK last year, we made a beeline to Adventure Land and a Dole Whip. My first thought was, Holy Cow, it's hot out here in the sun !!! <as we made our way to Dole Whip line> Second thought was that I never saw an ice cream melt that fast in my whole life. :rotfl:

2 - Slushies - DS and I are huge fans of any WDW Slushie. The consistency of the ice is perfect. The flavor is great and the flavor lasts the whole drink experience. I like to sip it without the straw so I don't suck out all the flavor and leave only ice. :) My favorite is in Adventure Land near the Tiki Room. It's a raspberry/lemon slushy in a souvenir cup. It's the largest and yummiest in the parks. Caution: Beware of Brain Freeze. :)

3 - Frozen Coke - This treat is a little bit different than the slushy but just as yummy. I know there's one near Test Track in Epcot and in Future World in MK.

4 - Margarita - DW dreams of this drink at WDW in EPCOT Mexican pavilion all year long. I would say it's my favorite alcoholic drink of all time. It's that good. For you connoisseurs out there, I found this blog posting on the DisneyFoodBlog.com that's very interesting. Enjoy, you only need just one.

5 - Milkshakes - DS and I love a good Vanilla milkshake. I love WDW ice cream and a good milkshake with dinner. Here's another posting from DisneyFoodBlog.com. We will be eating at Sci-Fi and a milkshake with a nice Reuben sounds good to me.

6 - Beer - I love a good, cool beer. For some reason, I have a craving for Beck's after a trip to WDW. I wonder why? I recently discovered and installed a new beer iPhone app called "Beers and Ears". The app has all the WDW beers and their location in the World. This could come in handy.

Expecting many of these treats will be readily accessible at both our resort locations. :woohoo:

Have to agree about the Dole Whip. It was good, but I'd take a MM ice cream bar over that any day. We also love the chocolate chip ice cream sandwichws at the MK bakery. We've never had a frozen coke. We'll have to get one on our next trip. We're not going until November though, so hopefully it will be warm enough to enjoy one.:goodvibes

Have to agree about the Dole Whip. It was good, but I'd take a MM ice cream bar over that any day. We also love the chocolate chip ice cream sandwichws at the MK bakery. We've never had a frozen coke. We'll have to get one on our next trip. We're not going until November though, so hopefully it will be warm enough to enjoy one.:goodvibes

The chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich is legendary in my house. If I have one, it could replace a whole meal. It's very filling.

DW told me I forgot one of her favorites, gelato. She likes to have this Italian treat every night after dinner. I wonder if she'll get some this trip at Beach Club?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!