Pre-Trip Report(13) - Legendary Service

DVC_Dreamer

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
Pre-Trip Report - 13 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

Why do we love WDW ? Let me count the ways.

Legendary Service is a big one. During a leadership conference I attended at the Swan, the Disney Institute did an interesting presentation for us. The stories told about Walt and the parks by the instructor were great. One story was about how CM's have been given front line authority to "make things right".
A young boy and his sister purchased a large clock for their parents anniversary at the Main Street shops in MK. In their excitement, outside the store, they stumbled and dropped the clock. They were devastated. It was a lot of money for them. A bit scared, they went back to the store and explained the situation. To their surprise, the store clerk was very nice and understanding. She replaced the broken clock. After proudly giving this clock to their parents, they relayed the story. The parents were very impressed and appreciative of the Disney service. The parents worked with underprivileged kids from the city they were from. For the next 20 years, they organized group trips and brought kids to Disney World. Service was a big factor in their decision. For a small act of kindness and service, WDW gained a lifelong customer. The man telling the story was the boy in the story.

DW bought a watch at the Poly gift shop. For no reason, it stopped working a few months later. Lucky for us, we stayed at the Poly the following year. Even though it was a year later, the gift shop replaced the watch. Not only that but the watch was on sale and DW was credited the difference. Do you think DW was impressed?

On a stay at the Beach Club for a conference, we had a horrible time with our room lock. These electronic door locks can really cause trouble. I discovered my card would not let me in late one night. I had to walk back down to desk and they had to let me in. During the middle of night, they replaced the battery and we expected it was fixed. The next day, I tried to get in my room because I had important work to do with my office online. I couldn't get in and I could miss parts of the conference. The door lock was not fixed till late in the evening. They ended up paying for 2 nights of my stay. I didn't have to complain loudly at all. They young manager just "took care of it" immediately. That was really cool because 3 nights of the stay were coming out of my pocket.

I just love the quality and service of WDW. These are traits that are sorely missed in today's hustle and bustle world.

I'm looking forward to my "Welcome Home" and chats with CM's. I hope they wish me a "Happy Father's Day". Maybe we'll get some pins with "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Anniversary" so we can hear the CM's congratulate us. The occasions are close enough. :)

All while I chop down on an extra large chocolate cookie ice cream sandwich that I can barely get my hands around and the chocolate chips are warm and gooey.

Yippee !!! :woohoo:

I absolutely loved your post and laughed out loud at your comment about the gooey chocolate chips in your ice cream sandwich.

Disney service really is second to none. I know I've read many posts about the lack of service, but I have never experienced anything but kind and extremely friendly, helpful CMs. Kudos to them all. It can't be an easy job. :goodvibes

I absolutely loved your post and laughed out loud at your comment about the gooey chocolate chips in your ice cream sandwich.

Disney service really is second to none. I know I've read many posts about the lack of service, but I have never experienced anything but kind and extremely friendly, helpful CMs. Kudos to them all. It can't be an easy job. :goodvibes

I echo your "It can't be an easy job."

The public can be brutal. I witnessed a really obnoxious guest while I was enjoying a huge sundae at Beaches and Cream. This guy just went off on the staff for some ridiculous reason. Once was bad enough but the guy came back a second time just as obnoxious. The staff was great and really shrugged it off nicely. I would have liked to teach that guy some manners as it seems his momma never did.

The restaurant CM's work long hours on their feet. It's hard work.

Pre-Trip Report - 13 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

Why do we love WDW ? Let me count the ways.

Legendary Service is a big one. During a leadership conference I attended at the Swan, the Disney Institute did an interesting presentation for us. The stories told about Walt and the parks by the instructor were great. One story was about how CM's have been given front line authority to "make things right".
A young boy and his sister purchased a large clock for their parents anniversary at the Main Street shops in MK. In their excitement, outside the store, they stumbled and dropped the clock. They were devastated. It was a lot of money for them. A bit scared, they went back to the store and explained the situation. To their surprise, the store clerk was very nice and understanding. She replaced the broken clock. After proudly giving this clock to their parents, they relayed the story. The parents were very impressed and appreciative of the Disney service. The parents worked with underprivileged kids from the city they were from. For the next 20 years, they organized group trips and brought kids to Disney World. Service was a big factor in their decision. For a small act of kindness and service, WDW gained a lifelong customer. The man telling the story was the boy in the story.

DW bought a watch at the Poly gift shop. For no reason, it stopped working a few months later. Lucky for us, we stayed at the Poly the following year. Even though it was a year later, the gift shop replaced the watch. Not only that but the watch was on sale and DW was credited the difference. Do you think DW was impressed?

On a stay at the Beach Club for a conference, we had a horrible time with our room lock. These electronic door locks can really cause trouble. I discovered my card would not let me in late one night. I had to walk back down to desk and they had to let me in. During the middle of night, they replaced the battery and we expected it was fixed. The next day, I tried to get in my room because I had important work to do with my office online. I couldn't get in and I could miss parts of the conference. The door lock was not fixed till late in the evening. They ended up paying for 2 nights of my stay. I didn't have to complain loudly at all. They young manager just "took care of it" immediately. That was really cool because 3 nights of the stay were coming out of my pocket.

I just love the quality and service of WDW. These are traits that are sorely missed in today's hustle and bustle world.

I'm looking forward to my "Welcome Home" and chats with CM's. I hope they wish me a "Happy Father's Day". Maybe we'll get some pins with "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Anniversary" so we can hear the CM's congratulate us. The occasions are close enough. :)

All while I chop down on an extra large chocolate cookie ice cream sandwich that I can barely get my hands around and the chocolate chips are warm and gooey.

Yippee !!! :woohoo:

Gee, thanks a lot - now I really want one of those ice cream sandwiches. I love those things!

And I love that story about the clock. I once heard from B'Lou Crabbe at Hilton Head about a little boy who lost his tooth in a water fountain at MK. A brand new CM offered to help because he was so upset that the tooth fairy wouldn't find him. A group of engineers tried to find the tooth in the plumbing but were unsuccessful. Lots of others were involved but no one could find the tooth. Finally, after working on this all day, the CMs in costuming were brought in to actually make a tooth for him to put under his pillow.

I can imagine that this family is now a lifelong customer.

I also work in customer service and see only a fraction of the folks seen at WDW which makes me all the more astounded at their stellar service.

Gee, thanks a lot - now I really want one of those ice cream sandwiches. I love those things!

And I love that story about the clock. I once heard from B'Lou Crabbe at Hilton Head about a little boy who lost his tooth in a water fountain at MK. A brand new CM offered to help because he was so upset that the tooth fairy wouldn't find him. A group of engineers tried to find the tooth in the plumbing but were unsuccessful. Lots of others were involved but no one could find the tooth. Finally, after working on this all day, the CMs in costuming were brought in to actually make a tooth for him to put under his pillow.

I can imagine that this family is now a lifelong customer.

I also work in customer service and see only a fraction of the folks seen at WDW which makes me all the more astounded at their stellar service.

We took the backstage tour at MK several years ago. The CM told a story about Walt wanting the trash bins to suck all the garbage out the back of the park. Walt's brother thought it was a good idea but he said it might backfire if a guest threw away something valuable. They compromised. The trash goes in regular trash cans. After the CM's collect the trash, they inspect it before they throw it into a tube that sucks it out to a central station behind Splash Mtn where it's all collected. Lessons learned after building DisneyLand in CA. Fun story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!