Pre-trip Quadrilogy - planning 4 at once? No way! WAY! (9/22 - New Trip Report Link - Post 137)

I have also found that Ubering to & from Universal and Sea World is cheaper than renting a car and paying for parking, even if you make the trip over there multiple days. I used to always rent a car but now I rarely do.

Yeah - combine it with then not being able to use ME I really feel like Uber is the way to go. We haven't used it very much, but have used it once or twice at Disney.

That's cool that it overlaps with your trip dates! That will be a great way to start the trip.

We haven't eaten around City Walk a lot, but Cowfish gets lots of good recommendations, and we enjoyed our food at NBC Sports Grill & Brew last year, though it wasn't anything super special.

I cannot even tell you how excited I am! It's probably like you getting to see Hansen on a Disney trip - yeah, that big a deal!

I cannot even tell you how excited I am! It's probably like you getting to see Hansen on a Disney trip - yeah, that big a deal!

Lol yes I understand that excitement!! I’m already planning future solo trips just so see them if our DVC comes through :cool1:

Lol yes I understand that excitement!! I’m already planning future solo trips just so see them if our DVC comes through :cool1:

The biggest problem you'll have there is how far in advance will you know the dates? DVC for F&W is a hard get <6 months out. Do they post dates on their websites further in advance?

The biggest problem you'll have there is how far in advance will you know the dates? DVC for F&W is a hard get <6 months out. Do they post dates on their websites further in advance?
. Unfortunately no they don’t post the dates earlier. This was the exact discussion dh and I had last night. But we will still have Wyndham points with the idea being if we have DVC we are more likely to have APs as we will plan on taking more trips.

. Unfortunately no they don’t post the dates earlier. This was the exact discussion dh and I had last night. But we will still have Wyndham points with the idea being if we have DVC we are more likely to have APs as we will plan on taking more trips.

This year they posted "Eat to the Beat" dates in late April for November, so that's just outside 6 months. You might still be able to get a studio at OKW or SSR with that advance.

Whew - it's getting close - today was our 60 day mark for Red Trip. I ran into some difficulty getting FOP FP+ I wanted. I was thinking on days 3 and 4 we would have no problem getting these - but turns out there was ZERO availability. I made some adjustments to the plan that I don't really like all that much but it will work OK. We are now spending the evening on our fourth day at Epcot (From AKV) and spending our LAST morning at Animal Kingdom (from BCV). A little extra travel, but at least we got a FOP fastpass to show for it!

So here are the plans all in a row:

Friday, August 24, 2018
Flight #2258 on Southwest Airlines
Leaves Buffalo 5:10 PM
Arrives MCO (Orlando) 7:45 PM
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House

Saturday, August 25, 2018
Head for bus-stop at 8 AM
Morning (9 AM to 11 AM) at Magic Kingdom
BRUNCH
Ohana 11:05 AM
Evening (5 PM to 10 PM) at Magic Kingdom
Peter Pan's Flight 4:35 PM - 5:35 PM
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 5:35 PM - 6:35 PM
Space Mountain 6:35 PM - 7:35 PM

Sunday, August 26, 2018
Head for bus-stop at 9:15 AM
Morning / Afternoon (10 AM to 3 PM) at Blizzard Beach
Evening (5 PM to 8:30 PM) at Animal Kingdom
Na'vi River Journey 5:05 PM - 6:05 PM
DINOSAUR 6:05 PM - 7:05 PM
Expedition Everest 7:05 PM - 8:05 PM

Monday, August 27, 2018
Head for bus-stop at 7:15 AM (UGH)
Morning EMH at Animal Kingdom 8 AM to 9 AM
Flights of Passage and Kilomanjaro Safaris
LUNCH
Sanaa 1:00 PM
Afternoon spent at resort
Evening (6 PM to 9 PM) at Epcot
Test Track 5:35 PM - 6:35 PM
Mission: SPACE 6:45 PM - 7:45 PM
Spaceship Earth 7:55 PM - 8:55 PM

Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Transfer resort to Disney's Beach Club Resort 1800 Epcot Resorts Boulevard
LUNCH
Beaches & Cream Soda Shop 2:10 PM
Evening MNSSHP 6 PM to MIDNIGHT (4 PM entrance allowed)
Big Thunder Mountain RR 4:20 PM - 5:20 PM
Haunted Mansion 5:25 PM - 6 PM

Wednesday, August 29, 2018
Epcot (10 AM to 2 PM)
Living with the Land 9:10 AM - 10:10 AM
The Seas with Nemo & Friends 10:25 AM - 11:25 AM
Frozen Ever After 11:25 AM - 12:25 PM
Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria 1:00 PM
Afternoon at Resort
Evening at DHS for Fantasmic

Thursday, August 30, 2018
Head for bus-stop at 9:15 AM
Typhoon Lagoon (10 AM to 3 PM)
STAR WARS™: SECRETS OF THE EMPIRE BY ILMXLAB AND THE VOID - Disney Springs 4:00 PM
Yachtsman Steakhouse 6:00 PM (Adults Only dinner) followed by Jellyrolls(?)

Friday, August 31, 2018
Head for bus-stop at 7:00 AM
Morning EMH at Magic Kingdom 8 AM to 9 AM
Morning (9 AM to Noon) at Magic Kingdom
Be Our Guest Restaurant 11:40 AM
Afternoon at Resort
Evening at DHS (4:30 PM to 9 PM)
Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular! Arrive between: 4:15 PM - 4:30 PM
Showtime: 4:45 PM - 5:15 PM
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue 5:45 PM - 6:45 PM
Slinky Dog Dash - Opening June 30, 2018! 7:05 PM - 8:05 PM

Saturday, September 1, 2018
Head for boat at 8:15 AM
Disney's Hollywood Studios 9 AM to 2 PM
Toy Story Mania! 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage (for 3) Arrive: 10:30 AM - 10:50 AM, Showtime 11:00 AM - 11:25 AM
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ (Peter only) 10:25 AM - 11:25 AM
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue 11:50 AM - 12:50 PM
LUNCH
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant 1:05 PM
Rest of Day is free - Epcot for evening perhaps with extra FP for Soarin??? Saturday of F&W bad idea?

Sunday, September 2, 2018
Head for bus-stop at 9:00 AM
Animal Kingdom (9:30 AM to 11 AM?)
Kilimanjaro Safaris 9:10 AM - 10:10 AM
Avatar Flight of Passage 10:15 AM - 11:15 AM
Expedition Everest 11:20 AM - 12:20 PM
Need to check out of room either in AM to after return (assuming OK for late check-out)
Spend afternoon by pool or potentially other adventures - EPCOT for Food and Wine LUNCH
Magical Express leaves Disney at 3:30 PM
Southwest Airlines
Leaves Orlando (MCO) 6:30 PM
Arrives Buffalo 9 PM

Trip Green Meanwhile has plans pretty well satisfied. This may be the least planned Disney trip I've ever taken. While I suspect we will book FP+, I am not sure we will even use them. Really expecting to spend our time between the resort and Epcot.

October 20th:
Flight arrives at 9 AM at MCO. Xfer via ME
Lunch at Epcot for F&W
Check into Boardwalk relax by the pool
4 PM - head over to Hard Rock Live for MST3K shows using Lyft
10 PM back to hotel

October 21st:
Sleep in - meet up with friends staying at BWV in 2nd studio. F&W for lunch? FP not sure? (Maybe for TSL?)
Evening - Jellyroll's until closing! (I want to close Jellyroll's!)

October 22nd:
Sleep In

Italian Regional Lunch @ Tutto Gusto 12 - 2:30 PM.
Return to hotel room to nap
Back to Epcot for "dinner" around the world.

October 23rd:
Sleep In
More Epcot? Do we go to MK at some point? Maybe book FP+ for this day.
Back to Jellyrolls. Need at least two Jellyrolls nights.

October 24th:
Sleep In. We will have to check out this morning before heading to the park.
Mexican Tequila Lunch @ La Hacienda De La San Angel 12 - 2 PM
Sleep our Tequila off by the pool
Back to Epcot for "dinner" perhaps?
8:40 PM flight - may use Lyft to airport so we don't have to leave until 6:30 PM or so.

Leave WDW very sad indeed with no plan to return on the horizon...

I hope that wasn't too boring, but that's the plans for 15 days at Disney World over a < 60 day period.

The August plans look great. You managed to snag some nice FP+'s although the lack of availability for FOP is disappointing. By the time we go back to the parks Star Wars land will be open and I know it's going to be chaos come FP time, plus I'm sure TSL rides and FOP will still be tough to get.

It's really nice sometimes to have a really unplanned go with the flow Disney trip. It's hard to do sometimes but really nice when you can.

The August plans look great. You managed to snag some nice FP+'s although the lack of availability for FOP is disappointing. By the time we go back to the parks Star Wars land will be open and I know it's going to be chaos come FP time, plus I'm sure TSL rides and FOP will still be tough to get.

It's really nice sometimes to have a really unplanned go with the flow Disney trip. It's hard to do sometimes but really nice when you can.

Geez, you guys aren't going back for a year and half? That's a long time! I really wonder how DHS will handle FP+. There will obviously be MASSIVE demand, and I'm sure they will limit FP to one SW one per day, but then will they limit the TSL one to one per day as well? Then the rest of the park people will only have one FP they can get? It's weird to think how it will work. I suspect FOP will still be hard to get - but I don't know if it will be gone at 64 days advance!

DW and I were talking and I was saying the October trip we should just not book FP. She didn't agree! She wants FOP, bad!!!

Geez, you guys aren't going back for a year and half? That's a long time! I really wonder how DHS will handle FP+. There will obviously be MASSIVE demand, and I'm sure they will limit FP to one SW one per day, but then will they limit the TSL one to one per day as well? Then the rest of the park people will only have one FP they can get? It's weird to think how it will work. I suspect FOP will still be hard to get - but I don't know if it will be gone at 64 days advance!

DW and I were talking and I was saying the October trip we should just not book FP. She didn't agree! She wants FOP, bad!!!

I know, it’s torturous!! If we get DVC to go through we’re talking about a resorts only trip next summer but no parks until 2020. Our Disney cruise put a big dent in our vacation funds.

It’s going to be crazy for FPs when it comes to TSL and SW both being open.

We are in the "tweaking" stage of the trip - just 45 days and 103 days to go. (Still sort of amazed that when we get back from our next Disney trip we will be 47 days from our next one.)

We were able to get a Flights of Passage FP+ for the 3rd day of our trip! I saw a post on Facebook as we were driving to Cleveland, and went on the App while we were parked at a gas station and switched our Navi River Journey FP to FoP. Ahhh....technology!

We also decided that our ADR for Yachtsman's Steak House was cutting our evening a little close on that night - so we moved it to 7:10 PM from 6 PM. Still going to eat there, though.

That's all I got - end of summer trips are tough - you don't want to wish the summer away - especially living in Buffalo which may have the nicest summer weather in the US (it's our secret weapon that no one knows about). But, on the other hand - I want to go to Disney!!!

That's all I got - end of summer trips are tough - you don't want to wish the summer away - especially living in Buffalo which may have the nicest summer weather in the US (it's our secret weapon that no one knows about). But, on the other hand - I want to go to Disney!!!

Buffalo needs to have a really nice season since you guys get hit in the winter. I think your winter is worse then ours in Northeast Ohio.

Buffalo needs to have a really nice season since you guys get hit in the winter. I think your winter is worse then ours in Northeast Ohio.

Eh...that's also exaggerated by the media. I won't pretend our winters are great - but the awful snow that gets broadcast about nationally happens about once every 2-3 years. Otherwise, the lake sort of moderates temperatures, so we actually don't get a cold as much of the Northeast does. (Yes, the same lake that causes all the lake effect snow.) I actually live slightly north of Buffalo which puts me out of the lake effect target. Most winters if I snow blow 6 times its a lot.

Eh...that's also exaggerated by the media. I won't pretend our winters are great - but the awful snow that gets broadcast about nationally happens about once every 2-3 years. Otherwise, the lake sort of moderates temperatures, so we actually don't get a cold as much of the Northeast does. (Yes, the same lake that causes all the lake effect snow.) I actually live slightly north of Buffalo which puts me out of the lake effect target. Most winters if I snow blow 6 times its a lot.
Sound a lot like where I am. Unless the wind blows just right (more down from Canada rather from Michigan) I dont get much either. I am just west and a little south of the snow belt in our area.

I know what you mean. I'm eager for our upcoming trips in September & November to get here this year, but not ready for summer to end! It's nice being so much more relaxed in the mornings (not rushing to school) and in the evenings (finding time for homework).

I'm glad for you that you were able to get at FOP FP!

Nice you were able to get those things changed. My friend Jenny also saw a similar post and now she has FoP for four different days of her trip.

Hey all - we are rapidly approaching our August trip (in 4 days), and also our October trip is just 61 days away!

We are spending the day packing stuff. With SWA and ME we don't really worry about being limited on what we can travel with,so we are bringing some stuff for cooking breakfast in the room, as well as towels, ponchos, step stools for the girls during the fireworks, etc.

My wife died her hair red for MNSSHP - she's Disney bounding as "The Red Head" from Pirates for the halloween party. I think I am going to wear a pirate shirt as well so we will be semi-costumed. (Not full blown costumes.) DD and BFF are going as Lilo and Stitch, similarly more Disney bounding than costumes.

I haven't made any more changes to our plans. Feeling pretty good about the trip. it's a little busier than I would like with the two water parks, but I think we will still have plenty of downtime each day.

I did book the VOID for the Star Wars Virtual Reality experience. Hopefully everyone likes it.

As far as our October trip - here's my targets for FP - which are eligible tomorrow.
October 20th:
FP for Test Track at 10:30 - 11:30 AM - others don't matter.
Lunch at Epcot for F&W
Check into Boardwalk relax by the pool
4 PM - head over to Hard Rock Live for MST3K shows using Lyft
10 PM back to hotel

October 21st:
Meet up with friends, our one local friend is bringing someone along with just a day pass, so we are booking FP for the morning. Thinking:
9 - 10 Spaceship Earth
10 - 11 Soarin
11 - 12 Living with the Land
Lunch in WS for F&W.
Afternoon at the resort/pook
Evening back to WS for F&W.
Jellyroll's until closing! (I want to close Jellyroll's!)

October 22nd:
Sleep In a bit
Italian Regional Lunch @ Tutto Gusto 12 - 2:30 PM.
Return to hotel room to nap
MK in the evening. I'm thinking
5 - 6 7DMT
6 - 7 Haunted Mansion
7 - 8 BTMRR
Not as late a night tonight.

October 23rd:
Sleep In a bit - but head over to DHS in the AM for a bit.
10 - 11 SDD
11 - 12 Star Tours
12 - 1 ToT
Rest at the park and then evening at Jellyrolls
Back to Jellyrolls. Need at least two Jellyrolls nights.

October 24th:
Sleep In. We will have to check out this morning before heading to the park.
Mexican Tequila Lunch @ La Hacienda De La San Angel 12 - 2 PM
Sleep our Tequila off by the pool
Back to Epcot for "dinner" perhaps? I think we will book flights of Passage for late in the day in case we decide we want to do it.
8:40 PM flight

It took a little while to line up - but here comes another TRIP Report for our August trip!! Please join along, won't you!!!

Trip Report 8/25 - 9/2/2018 “This is the line just to get water!”

On the other side, we are only 28 days from our NEXT trip. (Gotta admit we are kind of loving these two trips so close together...it's going to be rough when the next ones over.)

Of course, there's always last minute issues, and this one is an odd one. THey just announced that Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing in October, in fact on October 21st, the 2nd day of our trip. While not an absolute favorite, we've made some good memories there when our DD was little and fascinated by animals. We probably haven't been over there in 6 years, but both DW and I are feeling nostalgia that we maybe want to work it in. We both had the same idea separately..so we think this is what we are going to do...

October 20th:
~10 - 10:30 AM arrive at Boardwalk, hop bus to DAK
11 AM - head directly for Rafiki's Planet Watch. Figure 90 minutes to get back there look around a bit and then back on the train.
1 PM - back to Epcot for our F&W lunch. (I moved our Test Track FP+ to 12:30 to 1:30 in case we still decide to go for it - but more than lkely TT will be a casualty of RPW.)
3 PM - need to get a Lyft for the 4 PM MST3K show at Hard Rock Live - hopefully we will have time to check into our room before we have to leave.
10 PM back to hotel

This isn't really the greatest plan - it makes an already busy day even busier. But we can't come up with a better idea. Waiting until Sunday isn't great either, since we really wanted to let that day be just about Epcot and just be more relaxing.

One option to speed up the process is to get off at the first available ME stop instead of going all the way to the Boardwalk. It's not like our room will be ready or anything. Another option would be to forego ME completely and take a Lyft from the airport, but I don't think I want to spend that money. However, we may end up taking a Lyft back from DAK to Boardwalk/Epcot after RPW, just to speed that process.

Any opinions? Are we foolish (mortals) for wanting to see RPW one last time?

Just stopped by to say we are off on trip #4! Can't believe we've been through them all. Now with no trip planning to go. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!