"Pre-Trip Gift" suggestions for 9 and 11 year olds

clajgray

Mouseketeer
I've been reading a lot lately on buying "gifts" for the kids before the actual trip and then surprising them. In essence, pre-purchasing souvies. :lmao:

Most of the suggestions were for smaller kiddos...glow sticks, trinkets, etc. Anyone ever do this for kids a bit older, say a 9yo boy and an 11yo girl? ;)

As I was desperately trying to fall asleep this evening, I had a few things run through my mind...please feel free to add any you might think of... I'd love to do most of it in a Disney theme (she loves Tink and Ariel and he likes the fab five) if I could, but I don't know what I' going to come across at the Dollar Store and Target, since those are really my options since the Disney Store has virtually left WNY. :sad2:

Here's my list...
notepad and pen
gum / mints
watch
hand sanitizer (kid scents)
lip balm w/ spf
wallet / change purse with some Disney Dollars
Container with pennies for pressing

I have been looking for a fanny pack or a backpack or something that they can carry in the parks to schlep around their own "stuff", so I thought I'd add a few fun things while I was at it...:rolleyes1

Anyhoo... I'd love to hear what anyone has done or might possibly do if they were in this situation.

Thanks! :worship:

Disneyshopping.com just started a 40% off sale with coupon code summer40 (the day after I buy my stuff for 20% off :mad: ) But they have some really cute stuff!

What about disposable cameras or even a pair of cheap-ish digitals? You might give them each books to put their pictures and memories in.

We are going to surprise our kids with a nintendo DS for when we leave on our trip next weekend. They already have one Nintendo DS but with 2 it will keep them both quiet on the 22 hour drive.

Walmart and Dollar Tree have appropriate things for the slightly older set. I have bought Disney photo albums, picture frames, High School musical mechanical pencils, a Mickey purse and Princess shampoo, conditioner and body sprays.
Good Luck and happy shopping!

There are some good deals online at the Disney store. I bough my kids sunglasses, towels, and t-shirts for our upcoming trip. That way I can hopefully save $$$ when we are there. You can also ship for $5 anything if you are spending $50 or more.

I picked up a "small" customized messenger bag for my 7yo from disneyshopping.com. You have the choice of a bunch of different characters that can be embroidered on it along w/ name or initials.

Maybe a book or two to read on the trip there/back? Kingdom Keepers or Peter and the Starcatchers (there are two more books in the series as well) might be good choices. The first is about a group of teens and takes place in the Magic Kingdom (a bit "spooky" in parts but a fun read) and the second is the prequel to Peter Pan.

HTH

i do the usual stuff @ dollar tree. the backpack is a really good idea and fill it up with like disney t-shirts, visors, and little stuff like pens, pads, etc. i know it will get harder the older our 7dd gets. she likes the tattoos, and cooler things now. i put it out by the door everynight of our trip. she loves waking up and finding out what she is getting.
have fun!
mousiemom

This is what I purchased for my 9 yo dd's.

Disney store online

character sunglasses
Disney fanny packs
Disney cinch bags
matching tee shirts

Dollar Store

glow sticks
character magic cloth (face cloth)

Wal-Mart

pocket fans
disposable camera regular and water (when in Disney let them purchase a small photo album for their pictures)
gum, hard candy, things to snack on
You can purchase a misting fan (purchased them at the park 4 years ago, we only use it while in Disney[has Disney theme] and take the batteries out when at home)
If they like a certain Disney CD to listen to on the way down.

Book store

Hidden Mickey book (something for us to do while waiting in the lines)

Misc.

Disney dollars or a pre-paid visa to purchase something they would like

I hope this helps. I am also interested in seeing what others post.

For our girls they loved the autograph books and once their we bought them some pins to trade.

Next time I think I will buy them a cheap digital camera so they can take their own pictures. I can then also save on development costs for dud pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter