Pre-Magic Your Way Tickets - Old Tickets From the 1990s Found

bryanb

DIS Veteran
While cleaning out the family storage unit, I found two WDW "All Three Parks Passport" tickets, each one with three unused days. They look something like this, but with the last 2 days unstamped.

I see on the WDW website that all unexpired tickets will continue to be honored.

Nobody in my family knows who initially used the tickets, and I assume WDW didn't keep track back then.

3634b9dc60ad1574953d43ca99813895--disney-world-trip-disney-worlds.jpg

I know I can write to guest relations to link the tickets to a MDE account. However, I had a few questions:

1. I'm assuming that they'll allow the 2 remaining days to remain non-expiration tickets.
2. Based on the language on the back of the ticket, it allows hopping. However, the ticket is an "all three parks" ticket and Animal Kingdom is not listed as one of the parks (since it's pre-AK). Do they really enforce to no-entry to AK?
3. Once I link it to MDE, I'm assuming that all three admissions will have to be used by the same person?
4. Will they allow it to be linked to someone who wasn't yet born in 1991, if the passport was first used in 1991?
5. Will we have to surrender the tickets at some point when using them, or can I keep them as a souvenir?

I'm not really sure how I would be able to use these tickets for maximum value. Obviously, if I lived in Florida it would be great for one-day admissions. But with longer trips, they won't save as much money. Adding 2 days to a 5 day trip isn't a valuable way to use these.

Anyone who has advice or insight would be appreciated! It's kind of a fun thing to have found, but not sure how to use it yet.

I suppose that since there are not names on them, you could just link all the free days to one person? That way one person will have a multi day ticket vs two people having a couple of days.

In the past when I have brought old tickets to guest services, they have been very generous/helpful in terms of updating them.

I suppose that since there are not names on them, you could just link all the free days to one person? That way one person will have a multi day ticket vs two people having a couple of days.

In the past when I have brought old tickets to guest services, they have been very generous/helpful in terms of updating them.
They would likely be worth more used for different people on a shorter trip since the out days are so inexpensive already.

While cleaning out the family storage unit, I found two WDW "All Three Parks Passport" tickets, each one with three unused days. They look something like this, but with the last 2 days unstamped.

I see on the WDW website that all unexpired tickets will continue to be honored.

Nobody in my family knows who initially used the tickets, and I assume WDW didn't keep track back then.

3634b9dc60ad1574953d43ca99813895--disney-world-trip-disney-worlds.jpg

I know I can write to guest relations to link the tickets to a MDE account. However, I had a few questions:

1. I'm assuming that they'll allow the 2 remaining days to remain non-expiration tickets.
2. Based on the language on the back of the ticket, it allows hopping. However, the ticket is an "all three parks" ticket and Animal Kingdom is not listed as one of the parks (since it's pre-AK). Do they really enforce to no-entry to AK?
3. Once I link it to MDE, I'm assuming that all three admissions will have to be used by the same person?
4. Will they allow it to be linked to someone who wasn't yet born in 1991, if the passport was first used in 1991?
5. Will we have to surrender the tickets at some point when using them, or can I keep them as a souvenir?

I'm not really sure how I would be able to use these tickets for maximum value. Obviously, if I lived in Florida it would be great for one-day admissions. But with longer trips, they won't save as much money. Adding 2 days to a 5 day trip isn't a valuable way to use these.

Anyone who has advice or insight would be appreciated! It's kind of a fun thing to have found, but not sure how to use it yet.

We just did this last April. While packing up our 5 BR home, I came across various unused days on tickets...some going back as far as 1991.
There weren't any coding numbers on most of the tickets, so the IT Dept was not able to help with linking them to our accounts.
We went to Guest Services in Disney Springs, where they matched each ticket to new "non-expiring tickets". There was a variety of unused days on a number of old tickets. If one day was unused we received a new one day ticket, if two days were unused we received a new two day ticket, and so on. In total we received about 10 new park hopper, non-expire tickets for a total of 19 days. They did not put any specific names on the new tickets. They also kept our old tickets, allowing me time to take photos of each of them, for my keepsake (some of the old tickets had the photos of the 3 kids when they were MUCH younger, so it was sad to give them up.)

The next day my husband and I used two of the tickets for a 2 day trip the following day

My daughter and I are going to WDW in September. We each bought a 2-day Magic Your Way ticket and will be using 2 of the 2 day park hoppers for the days we plan on hopping. I would not combine your tickets to one person, as perhaps you might take a trip somewhere else in FL, and it might be a nice side trip for a day or two.

Try calling the IT Dept and see if they can link your old tickets to your MDE account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter