prayers for Nick, Sylvia's son

L

Laurie Chin

:(
I am heartbroken. I am relieved that Sylvia is out of her pain and the fight is over. However, my hearts breaks that she will not see Nick grow up and that he will miss his Mom. I have one 7yo DD & am about the same age as Sylvia was so this hit me hard when I found out she had the cancer. Now she is gone from this life and he is without his Mother.

Please say you will pray with me for Nick as he is growing up w/o his Mom. He will miss her so much.
Thank you all.
Brenda

I join in those prayers, Brenda. I have a 7-year-old too and I can't imagine what it would be like for a child so young to grow up without a mother. :(

Our prayers and love are with Nick.

:( I am so sad, I can not even imagine how Nick must be feeling. My heart breaks for him also. I will certainly say a prayer for him, and keep him in my thoughts.

Having little ones of my own, I can only imagine what this child has gone through and is now going through. God Bless him, my thoughts and prayers are with him. I wish there was more that we could do.

For Nick and all who loved Sylvia, may they find peace and solace in this lovely verse:

Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Nothing has happened.
Everything remains exactly as it was.

I am I and you are you and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference in your tone. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.

Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was. There is absolute and unbroken continuity.
What is this death but a negligible accident?
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner. All is well.

I am very sadded by the news too. I too am praying for Nick and the family. Snoopy, what a truly beautiful poem.

I can't even express my feeling right now, I didn't know Sylvia and had only read of her valiant fight a few months back but this is so very sad to know this darling little one will be without a mom.
I too have children and I can't imagine not being around to see them grow up. I am very sad.
Holycow
Lisa

I will be praying for Nick and sylvias family. I know we will all feel the loss of this wonderful woman who was an inspiration to so many. Snoopy, thank you for that poem. It really helps.....

prayers.gif

...that Nick will grow up healthy and strong, watched over by his mom from heaven.

...that Nick will have good memories of his mom

...that Nick and his remaining family have the strength to deal with Silvia's departure

Having a child about the same age, and being the same age as sylvia, I am heartbroken

Not only for Nicks loss..

But for the entire family as well.

I am so sorry to hear about Sylvia and her son. Nick. I pray that Nick, his family, and all of Sylvia's and Nick's friends here on the DIS are surrounded by love. God bless Nick.

Thank you for posting this Brenda, and Snoopy, that was a wonderful poem, all of you guys are so caring.

Sincerely, Ray.

Having had both parents courageously battle cancer and knowing the toll it takes- my heart really goes out to Sylvia's son Nick, her family and friends. May God give them the faith and strength they will need to face each day without her, even tho she will always be with them in spirit. You have my thoughts and prayers.
God Bless and may she rest in peace.

I have been praying all day for peace and strength for Nick and his grandma...and for eternal peace for Sylvia...I can't help it...Every time I think of her...I just have to talk to God about her and her son. My heart truly breaks for Nick....I can't imagine ever growing up without my mom..:( But all I CAN think, is that Sylvia was such a wonderful person, that God needed her in Heaven, more than He needed her here. I'm willing to bet that she is going to be one "powerful" angel..looking over sweet Nick!! But anyway you look at it...It is still so very very sad.

Snoopy....What a touching and beautiful poem...Thanks for posting it for us all!:D

Im agree...Nick needs prayers...Ill give him some *~PiXiE dUsT~*...that he will get better.
Nick is soo adorable too!!!

so sad...:( :(

Here is a poem I found in a in a book titled "Living Beyond Breast Cancer" In a chapter called Endings.
It's titled : "To My Children"
I hope this comforts Nick in some small way.

If I ever stop breathing,
the flowers will inhale for me.

If I ever stop writing,
the grass will dot my i's.

If I ever stop listening,
the shells on the beach will hear you.

If I ever stop talking,
the rain will sing my song.

If I ever stop loving,
the sky will embrace you.

But if I ever stop living,
then you must live on for me.

_______Susan Weisgrau

My prayers and hugs go out to Nick
My deepest sympathies to Sylvia's mom and family.

Wonderful thoughts and poems too, Snoopy and Marey. Absolutely beautiful.

Let's keep this child in outr prayers as time goes on and as he grows. Sometimes as you watch your children laugh and play and achieve, remember Nick and say a prayer that God will keep him in the palm of His hand protected, comforted and loved.

I just saw Pete and Dan's posts about Sylvia, I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face, feeling so sad. I knew I had to come to the IB board, to be with all of you and offer my heartfelt sympathy to Sylvia's family and send hugs and prayers to her son Nick.

And to our friend Sylvia..May your rest in peace in Gods loving arms. You will be missed, but not forgotten.

Every time I hear the word breast cancer I will think of Sylvia.

Every time I wear a breast cancer pin, I will think of Sylvia.

Every time I pledge a donation for breast cancer..I will think of sylvia.

But, mostly, I will think about how Sylvia strived to live her life to the fullest, and never let this horrible cancer get her down. She was a wonderful mother and friend to us all.

May her spirit continue to soar....

My heart goes out to Nick and the rest of Sylvia's family - I will keep all of them in my prayers. I hadn't been on the DIS in the past couple of days and was saddened to hear of Sylvia's battle coming to an end. I can't begin to imagine the pain that her family is going through. I went and hugged my kids and we all said a prayer for Nick.
I think that all of the women of the DIS owe it to ourselves, families and the memory of Sylvia, to make sure that we all get our yearly mammograms. I personnally have never had one, but I am planning to call first thing Monday morning to schedule my first.

deno

God Bless Slyvia and her entire family! For Nick, my heart goes out to him as I can not even imagine what he has and will continue to go through. Michelle posted that wonderful poem on here the other day........and like that poem, I wish enough for Nick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!