Prayer Request/I Hope This Cruise Comes Through!

Christopher's Mom - you have been in our prayers. May you and your family have a wonderful vacation.

I am new to the DIS Board and I am so happy to have found you. After reading all of the prayers for this family I am so glad to associate with such wonderful people. My prayers go out to this young man and his entire family. God Bless you all!

Brandi

With permission from Barb McDonough, here is a photo of her son Christopher and the poem Barb wrote, that is on the www.bdsra.org website.

aachrism.jpg

TOGETHER WE CAN COPE...
(Dedicated to Christopher McDonough)

The minute you were born, that cold and snowy night,
I knew that you were meant for something special in this life.
You appeared to be an Angel, sent from far above.
A PERFECT little Blessing sent here just for ME to Love.
Your hands were folded gracefully, as if to say a prayer.
How could anyone imagine all the lives you'd touch and share?!

You grew into a little gent, as handsome as could be.
Your brilliance and your Love of Life amazed us constantly!
Your big, Angelic eyes reflected Love to all you met.
Little did we know your purpose had not surfaced yet.

Your eyesight started failing you, when you were merely seven.
We searched and searched for answers, but then we turned to Heaven.
When we were told the news was worse, I asked for signs of HOPE.
I then received an answer - that TOGETHER WE CAN COPE.

The Doctors all repeated the terrible, sad news.
They said that they were sorry, but afraid that we would lose.
This Mission, although GREAT, is one that we perceive,
through Love and Faith, and with God's grace is one we could achieve.

We'll fight this Fatal Batten Beast with vigor and with grace.
We'll laugh at Joy, yet shed our tears as we endure this race.
We MUST accept this mission, as the purpose of our life,
as we struggle thru the challenges, the sadness, and the strife.

But, REMEMBER what GOD told me.....
That TOGETHER WE CAN COPE.
So, hang on my courageous one....
For I know that THERE IS HOPE!

LOVE, MOM

What an incredible past few days we have had here on the DISboards!!!

As a brand new mom of a 2 month old boy...that poem has me in tears...absolutly beautiful. God Bless you all.

Brandi

Barb,

Being the Father of a 10 and a 7 year old your poem really touched my heart. I live my live daily by having Faith in Jesus Christ and allowing him to lead me in my daily walk. After reading your poem I truly believe that this was Our Lord speaking through you, and that he will be at your side always. Also, I can tell from reading this poem that your are a person of strong Faith. This above all things will guide you and comfort you when you need it the most. I know, as I have been tested many times over the past few years. And it is my Faith that has delivered me through these times. I will continue to pray for Gods healing unto your lives.

For He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. Psalm 91:11

Gerald

Thanks again for all of the words of encouragement and Love. You are truly a great group of people~and I am so happy that Barb (Inkkognito) steared me toward this board. It has been such great therapy the last few days that I think I finally found my LAUGHING PLACE!

Also, I forgot to mention something that I KNOW you will ALL love to hear.... Robby Benson is our spokes person for Batten Disease. Most of you will know him as the BEAST in Beauty and the Beast! Some of you may remember him from the many movies he made back in the 70's when he was a young heart-throb actor. He's really a great guy. I went to school with his wife, Karla DeVito (which many of you may know her from the band Meat Loaf - she was the lead female singer). Anyway, for the past 5 years he has been helping fight this Batten Beast! For any of you who do know know him you can visit his website at: www.RobbyBenson.net

Anyway, since he has done a lot of work for Disney I thought I would share that with all of you DL's (I am trying to get the disboard lingo down. and I'm hoping that stands for Disney Lovers). Maybe I can post of picture if Chris with Robby on the board soon. They made a PSA commercial together for Batten Disease a few years ago.

And....Before I forget...Thanks, Verandah Man, for posting Chris's picture and poem.

:wave:Good night, and hugs to all my new friends.

BarbLarMCD or Inkkognito... How is Christopher doing?I have kept your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, the recovery is still going strong. Please update us on how he is doing. Thanks

Chris has really regained strength and is doing quite well mentally! He's not walking very well, but after experiencing the week he was sick.......I can handle the physical decline.....I just can't tell you how happy I am to have him back to his cute & cuddly, Goofy self!

It is 11 days & counting & and all looks like a possitive GO at this point! My other son, Mike, is really looking forward to it, as well as myself & husband. This will be the first time since Chris was born that the 3 of us will be alone to bond! And, we arrive back to port on Mike's 19th birthday. Chris will be well taken care of, so we can relax & enjoy every minute of the cruise.

Thanks for asking about Chris! Prayers and Pixie Dust have incredible healing powers! :sunny:

I am keeping this family in my thoughts and prayers. I have lost both of my parents recently, and know how stressful it is to take care of a family member that is terminally ill. It is a very stressful time, and Barb needs all the support she can get. After my mother passed away, I booked a four day cruise to just have time to relax and spoil myself. Now that my dad has passed away, I just can't bear the thought of Christmas without them, so after a family discussion, we decided a cruise would be a nice way to celebrate Christmas this year.

I hope things continue to improve, and that Barb will be able to go on the cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter