Prayer request for Mum & Uncle

DisneyWorldMimi

Mimi to a new Disney Lover
Please keep my mum, Paula (85) & my Uncle Bill (89) in your prayers. There was an accident in my mother's house and they have been hospitalized due to carbon monoxide poisoning. From what information I have received, it sounds like my mum was worse than my uncle. They are currently at UCSD Med Ctr and both have been through a session in their hyperbaric chamber. My mum was intubated at first and my uncle wasn't, but both are on oxygen. My mum is awake and somewhat coherent according to my brother. Thankfully he lives near her and with them being at UCSD, it is even better as he actually lives in San Diego. One of my cousins is down for my uncle. One nice thing is that he is a doctor so can get a bit more information concerning both of them.

My mom has been doing so much better since she put my dad into a home for his Alzheimer's. She was the only one taking care of him and it took a tole on her health. She had just returned from a visit to my uncle's for a week and he returned with her. They are the last two of four kids.

Thank you.

Oh I'm so sorry! I hope they continue to do well and I will keep them in my prayers.

Theresa

Some very dear friends were down in San Diego yesterday and went to see both of them. They said both seemed confused and they were not sure if my mum even recognized them. Otherwise my mum looked good. The nurse says she is doing PT and is gradually going from a liquid diet to a solid diet.

I thought I might have made my brother mad when I let him know the friends visited her. He asked if I had called them to tell them she was in the hospital. I told him I had messaged them to let them know. Then I got a message from them saying they were down because one was having her 1 year CT scan for her cancer. They had moved to Pismo Beach last year so were no longer near my mum. I told my brother I did not know they were going to be in the area because of them moving and had just received the message that they were going to stop and see her. I felt it would be good for her to maybe see a friendly face. I told him they are like family and they would have been devastated if they found out later, like if they had died or things get worse later on. He consented that it was fine.

It is going to be a long recovery for both of them. My cousins will probably move my uncle back to Northern CA once he is at a point to do so. They both have businesses, so it will be easier for them.

Thank you for the prayers.

The newest update is that my Uncle will be going back up to San Jose. He has stated for the last week or so that he wants to go home. They were determined to have him in an Independent Living facility with my mum. I guess his daughter actually listened to him and agreed to have him go home.

Effective Friday, my mum will be out of the skilled nursing and into the Independent living facility for at least the month of June. She is to be evaluated tomorrow to see if she is capable of living on her own. She can continue any rehab that she might need at this place too. My brother said that they are giving a 30 day notice to the Independent living facility in San Diego, so she will not be there longer than the month of June.

My hubby, granddaughter & I plan on going to see her in August. We have chatted on Facetime a few times and she seems in good spirits. It has been a long month and then on top of all this, my sister had surgery last week to have old mesh removed and a hernia fixed. They also took out 2 foot of colon. She also found another melanoma on her arm, but removed it and feel they got it all. They on Thursday our cat Angel died. We have been trying everything to get her better, and it seems she might be turning around.

Right now I feel that if we didn't have bad luck, we would have no luck at all. I am so tired of all the things that have been going against us lately. We try so hard to be compassionate and care about people and help those in need when we can, but it is never reciprocated to us. We seem to always have things go drastically wrong. I just wish we would for once catch a break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!