Prayer and pixie dust requests--Updated May 2

I am flying home tomorrow on a last minute flight booked yesterday to be there to say goodbye to my beloved childhood dog Huckleberry. It's such an upsetting situation and I have been crying constantly since I was told it was time, but I am grateful I have the opportunity to go say goodbye. It's just going to be a very difficult few days. Pets aren't just pets to me, they are family. Those last hugs and kisses are going to take everything I have to get through, but we can't have him in pain any longer.

Wishing you well, IceSkatingPrincess, as you say your goodbyes to your wonderful Huckleberry. :hug:'s

mrsheppo's words there, The Rainbow Bridge, do let you know he will be there, waiting for you. :hug:'s

@mrsheppo How is your daughter-in-law doing? My cousin is currently facing a similar battle. I unfortunately can't remember if she has Non-Hodgkins or Hodgkins, I just know it was stage iv but thankfully we have been told she has a pretty good shot at coming through this is 6-8 months perfectly fine.

If you don't mind I'll begin saying your daughter-in-laws name during our prayer for healing at synagogue.

@mrsheppo How is your daughter-in-law doing? My cousin is currently facing a similar battle. I unfortunately can't remember if she has Non-Hodgkins or Hodgkins, I just know it was stage iv but thankfully we have been told she has a pretty good shot at coming through this is 6-8 months perfectly fine.

If you don't mind I'll begin saying your daughter-in-laws name during our prayer for healing at synagogue.
My daughter in law's name is Lysa. She currently just finished her second round of chemo. They tell us her prognosis is
good. They are anticipating between another 4 -6 rounds hopefully finishing up around sometime in January. We appreciate any prayers for her. She has an upbeat attitude about her illness and a lot of that is because of her new baby.

If I may ask your cousin's name, I would like to pray for her also.

My daughter in law's name is Lysa. She currently just finished her second round of chemo. They tell us her prognosis is
good. They are anticipating between another 4 -6 rounds hopefully finishing up around sometime in January. We appreciate any prayers for her. She has an upbeat attitude about her illness and a lot of that is because of her new baby.

If I may ask your cousin's name, I would like to pray for her also.

Her name is Joycelynn. She is on round number 3 of I think 12 rounds. (2 times a month for 6 months)

The family took it rough but she is taking it as it comes. I've lost my mom, grandpa, and little cousin to cancer so it hit me really hard that now my favorite person in the world who is more like a sister than a cousin is battling it now. I'm very greatful that her prognosis is better than the other 3 had.

Her name is Joycelynn. She is on round number 3 of I think 12 rounds. (2 times a month for 6 months)

The family took it rough but she is taking it as it comes. I've lost my mom, grandpa, and little cousin to cancer so it hit me really hard that now my favorite person in the world who is more like a sister than a cousin is battling it now. I'm very greatful that her prognosis is better than the other 3 had.
Prayers for Joycelynn and for you also. I'm glad to hear her prognosis is good. These ladies are warriors against this awful disease.:grouphug:

Praise God I'm fine, but I was in a car accident last night. Completely my fault, too. It was stop and go, and at that point, I noticed too late the traffic was stopped in front of me. Slammed into the car in front of me. The other driver is fine too, and he was the only one in the vehicle. He was driving a Yukon XL, and I think he hardly had any damage. I basically ran into a tank. ;) My car is pretty much totaled. I feel SO stupid.

I'm feeling okay today. Didn't sleep well last night, but that was mostly from the mental/emotional side of things. Kept thinking about it and couldn't shut my mind off, etc.I actually am not even really sore today, which is amazing and a blessing. I took today off work, and I'm not sure about work tomorrow yet. It will depend on how much I'm able to accomplish today logistically and how confident I am in actually driving again. I'm still really shaken up, but other than that I seem to be okay.

Well, Allison, never good to have an accident, but thankfully no injuries. Good you took off work to give time to calm your nerves. Good wishes for the hassles ahead on getting car repaired or a new one. :hug:'s

And welcome to the dis Get ready for that May first time visit next year, making many lifetime, firstime memories.

Just an update on my DDIL Lysa. She is finishing up round 5 of 6 of chemotherapy. After the New Year, she will be going to Stanford for consultation and maybe a clinical trial. She will also probably start radiation in the next 6 weeks. She has had reduction in the size of the tumors. She has gained a lot of her strength back and has an extremely positive attitude. She is looking forward to her baby Aaron's first Christmas. Thank you to all for their prayers.
Aaron.jpeg

Thanks for the update on Lysa, Barbara. Good improvement made, and more to come. God bless. Little Aaron looks just too darn cute. Love his outfit. Lysa remains in my prayers.

Have a good Christmas, Barbara.

Thanks for the update on Lysa, Barbara. Good improvement made, and more to come. God bless. Little Aaron looks just too darn cute. Love his outfit. Lysa remains in my prayers.

Have a good Christmas, Barbara.
Thank you for the kind words, Dan. May you and your entire family have a blessed Christmas.

My mother, Mimi, has entered hospice care. One of the toughest decisions I have ever had to make, but also one of the best. The care she is getting is wonderful, the staff is so good to my husband and I as well. They care for all of us.

It is really tough on my daughter and family in Canada and my son in Arizona. We have been able to facetime and will do that as long as she is able. Brings such a smile to her face and makes her so peaceful and happy.

Please say some prayers for us during this time.

My mother, Mimi, has entered hospice care. One of the toughest decisions I have ever had to make, but also one of the best. The care she is getting is wonderful, the staff is so good to my husband and I as well. They care for all of us.

It is really tough on my daughter and family in Canada and my son in Arizona. We have been able to facetime and will do that as long as she is able. Brings such a smile to her face and makes her so peaceful and happy.

Please say some prayers for us during this time.
I'm sorry to hear this, ksjayhawks. :hug:'s Your mom, along with you and all your family are certainly in my prayers, good wishes. I have always heard so many good things about hospice in these tough times, so happy to hear that is good for everyone. Peace for all of you, blessings for your mom.

Prayers to you and your family, ksjayhawks. Take comfort that your mom is getting wonderful care at this stage of her life. Please take care of yourself, also.:grouphug:

I just found this thread, at the right time, I guess. My dad's cousin has always been like an aunt to me. Her kidneys failed about a week ago. When she started dialysis a few days ago, her heart was too weak. She's been on life support since Wednesday. As of this morning, she was non-responsive. She had last rites, and when her last two kids got in tonight and have said their good-byes, they were going to start unplugging the machines. By the time I wake in the morning, she won't be with us anymore. For me, one of the hardest parts today was watching my grandma, her aunt, leave her room. Grandma was strong, but at 91, she's said goodbye to so, so many loved ones.

Good thoughts and prayers for you and all your family, glasssluppergirl. :hug:'s And comfort for your dad's cousin as she begins life's new journey home. God speed.

Quick prayer request, have my dd in ER for another killer migraine from a car accident months ago. She isn't getting better. Only these iv medicines seem to bring relief. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!