PPO at AK

Sossy

Mouseketeer
I wasn't too worried about security lines and finding the way in for our 8 AM tour before since we would have been there long before park opening. Now that EMH has been added (to almost every day in May and June) I'm not sure how much time we'll need to get from the parking lot to Africa. If EMH starts at 8 and our tour starts at 8, can anyone give me an idea of how bad the security lines will be about 7:40? And which side of the turnstiles to head towards since we don't have EMH access but need to get in the park early? Do we really need to be parking by 7:30 in order to get to Africa to check in for the 8 AM tour?

Do we really need to be parking by 7:30 in order to get to Africa to check in for the 8 AM tour?

A good idea even when NOT on an AM EMH day.

In fact, since it's nearly impossible for guests to actually get
somewhere on an exact time, in general, I'd plan on getting there even earlier.

Earlier beats later at WDW every time.

At least, Africa is the far back corner of the park so takes me about 10 minutes walking from the front. Security can take 2 minutes or 15 depending on the length of the lines. This doesn't include the admission turnstile lines or the transport from parking to the main gate. I'd give yourself 45 minutes to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter