Power Wheelchair Rental

Tinkhyatt

Earning My Ears
I know there are places that rent scooters for WDW vacations. However, do you have any recommendations for places who rent power chairs? I use a power chair and a manual wheelchair at home. The power chair is too big to transport. I am looking for a power chair I could use when we go to WDW so I don’t have to be pushed manually everywhere...especially up and down the monorail ramps. Details, please...

Don't know if it will meet your needs or not, but Gold Mobility Scooters rents the "Pride Jazzy Elite Power Chairs ". They have a post on their FB about them dated June 20 at 8:46 AM. You have to call them to reserve it, it can't be done through their website. Also several photos.

I have not rented from GMS, but will be renting an ECV from them for our next trip. They pretty much universally get excellent reviews in the Dis forums, which is why I am going with them instead of Buena Vista who I have used in the past for ECVs. There is an entire thread about them with lots of comments and reviews.

Google to find their website.

Quoted from GMS' FB post:

The Pride Jazzy Elite Power Chairs have arrived and are ready to go out in full force now. The Pride Jazzy Elite has a 300LB capacity. This power chair meets all Walt Disney World size requirements for use in all the Walt Disney World Theme parks and resorts. Gold Mobility has added this new power chair rental option to accommodate more guests than ever before. We've extensively pre-tested the Pride Jazzy Power Chair for maneuverability, and transportation on all the Walt Disney World transportation systems. We've also tested the endurance, durability, and battery life in all the theme parks. The first brand new batch is ready for rental.
The SPECIAL Flat Rate Price for up to 7 Days price will be available for an introductory offer of $249.99* (reg$299.99)
*Including the Damage Waiver Insurance, delivery and pickup, and one free additional option, 4 Free rain poncho's and control covers.
Due to damage we only deliver and pick up Power Chairs at all the Disney Resorts, Shades of Green, and the Swan and Dolphin Hotel's. Power Chairs can easily be transported by all Disney Transportation Systems including Disney Monorail, Disney Busses, and Ferry Boats. We do not allow personal transport such as personal or rental vehicles, taxi, or mass transit busses for Power Chairs.
ADDITIONAL FREE OPTIONS GMS ADD's includes :
Ram - X Cell Phone Holder
Gold Reflective Package
Extended Range Batteries
1 USB Accessory / Charging Ports
Currently the Pride Elite Power Chair is available for rental reservations, but all reservations must be called in to our customer service team due to high demand. Power Chairs are not yet available on our website yet. Call today to reserve yours today 407-414-0287.

END QUOTE

Beside Gold Mobility, there are several other places that rent power wheelchairs. There used to actually be more, but several have stopped renting them since the first part of this year.
There are 2 companies that rent more ‘traditional’ power wheelchairs
Orlando Medical Rentals and Randy’s Mobility.

Two companies rent a new type of power wheelchair called WHILL.
The companies that rent WHILL are Scootaround and Best Price Mobility.

You can find website links/contact information for those companies in post 2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread (use the link in my signature or look near the top of this board).

If your own power wheelchair is more specialized or you want to rent one more similar to yours, you could try contacting the company to see whether they have any local dealers.

8793B75B-3D11-4232-B8A7-7961B20860F3.jpeg17B1C2AC-002F-4768-AF60-A1F101DD99A8.jpeg2F697760-A0EA-4BCF-9D2D-AD62AA8E6976.jpegDDA8DD67-5C81-40F8-A78F-1BA4A5785EF3.jpeg

I just thought I would mention in case you want to reconsider taking your power wheelchair....

Airlines can transport power wheelchairs. The best way to do it safely is to contact your equipment supplier and ask for suggestions.
We’ve gotten information from our equipment supplier, but have not been brave enough to take our daughter’s power wheelchair by airplane. Hers is much more fragile than the rental ones - it tilts, reclines, risses and she can stand while driving.

All the WDW buses, monorails and larger boats are wheelchair accessible, so you can get to/from parks easily.

In the parks, power wheelchairs are treated like manual wheelchairs for the most part and are able to use the wheelchair accessible ride cars.

@RaySharpton - is there anyone renting the Fold and Go in Orlando now?
The only places I know that rent power wheelchairs are the ones I mentioned.
Some who had rented them before no longer do (I’m guessing maybe cost since they are in general more expensive than ECVs and possibly damage ).
Ray might know if anyone rents that model, but none of the 8-10 companies people usually rent from have it.

Don't know if it will meet your needs or not, but Gold Mobility Scooters rents the "Pride Jazzy Elite Power Chairs ". They have a post on their FB about them dated June 20 at 8:46 AM. You have to call them to reserve it, it can't be done through their website. Also several photos.

I have not rented from GMS, but will be renting an ECV from them for our next trip. They pretty much universally get excellent reviews in the Dis forums, which is why I am going with them instead of Buena Vista who I have used in the past for ECVs. There is an entire thread about them with lots of comments and reviews.

Google to find their website.

Quoted from GMS' FB post:

The Pride Jazzy Elite Power Chairs have arrived and are ready to go out in full force now. The Pride Jazzy Elite has a 300LB capacity. This power chair meets all Walt Disney World size requirements for use in all the Walt Disney World Theme parks and resorts. Gold Mobility has added this new power chair rental option to accommodate more guests than ever before. We've extensively pre-tested the Pride Jazzy Power Chair for maneuverability, and transportation on all the Walt Disney World transportation systems. We've also tested the endurance, durability, and battery life in all the theme parks. The first brand new batch is ready for rental.
The SPECIAL Flat Rate Price for up to 7 Days price will be available for an introductory offer of $249.99* (reg$299.99)
*Including the Damage Waiver Insurance, delivery and pickup, and one free additional option, 4 Free rain poncho's and control covers.
Due to damage we only deliver and pick up Power Chairs at all the Disney Resorts, Shades of Green, and the Swan and Dolphin Hotel's. Power Chairs can easily be transported by all Disney Transportation Systems including Disney Monorail, Disney Busses, and Ferry Boats. We do not allow personal transport such as personal or rental vehicles, taxi, or mass transit busses for Power Chairs.
ADDITIONAL FREE OPTIONS GMS ADD's includes :
Ram - X Cell Phone Holder
Gold Reflective Package
Extended Range Batteries
1 USB Accessory / Charging Ports
Currently the Pride Elite Power Chair is available for rental reservations, but all reservations must be called in to our customer service team due to high demand. Power Chairs are not yet available on our website yet. Call today to reserve yours today 407-414-0287.

END QUOTE
This is perfect. Thank you.
I just thought I would mention in case you want to reconsider taking your power wheelchair....

Airlines can transport power wheelchairs. The best way to do it safely is to contact your equipment supplier and ask for suggestions.
We’ve gotten information from our equipment supplier, but have not been brave enough to take our daughter’s power wheelchair by airplane. Hers is much more fragile than the rental ones - it tilts, reclines, risses and she can stand while driving.

All the WDW buses, monorails and larger boats are wheelchair accessible, so you can get to/from parks easily.

In the parks, power wheelchairs are treated like manual wheelchairs for the most part and are able to use the wheelchair accessible ride cars.
I don’t have a car that can transport my power chair. We drive (well, my husband does...I ride) to WDW. I love the chair which tilts and such, too. It’s what Medicare approved. It’s just not portable which stinks.

Beside Gold Mobility, there are several other places that rent power wheelchairs. There used to actually be more, but several have stopped renting them since the first part of this year.
There are 2 companies that rent more ‘traditional’ power wheelchairs
Orlando Medical Rentals and Randy’s Mobility.

Two companies rent a new type of power wheelchair called WHILL.
The companies that rent WHILL are Scootaround and Best Price Mobility.

You can find website links/contact information for those companies in post 2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread (use the link in my signature or look near the top of this board).

If your own power wheelchair is more specialized or you want to rent one more similar to yours, you could try contacting the company to see whether they have any local dealers.

View attachment 413566View attachment 413567View attachment 413568View attachment 413569
Thank you! I’m new to Disboards and just now trying to figure my way around. You’ve been a great help!

Fold and Go doesn’t rent in Orlando anymore. You can however, rent one for a month, up to 9 months, but that would most likely involve you having to take it on a plane and depending on airline, it might end up damaged.

I wish they still offered rentals in Disney so that I could have one down there and not worry about taking my personal one on the plane.

https://www.foldandgowheelchairs.com/rent-folding-electric-wheelchair/

RENTAL OPTION #1
The best way to TRY before you BUY is with our Rental Program. We offer monthly rentals and provide FREE SHIPPING to and from your door.
Since we are in wheelchairs ourselves, as a company we decided not to sell our chairs to dealers, medical warehouses, retail stores, supply outlets or on Amazon.
You can use the rental chair for a month or more to test it out. If you love the rental chair, you can choose to keep it or ship the rental chair back and then purchase a brand-new chair in the color of your choice. Any money paid towards the rental chair DOES NOT TRANSFER to the new chair purchase.
What to Expect
All rental chairs the next business day, and your credit card will be billed automatically every month on the day you started renting the chair. We will bill your card every monthly until you call us to ship the chair back to us.
We will run a Soft Credit Check to determine if you will be charged an additional Security Fee or Not. This Additional Security Fee is NON-REFUNDABLE when the rental chair is shipped back.
Whether you choose the Regular or Heavy-Duty model size, we will ship you the next available color. You DO NOT get to pick the color of your rental chair.
FREE SHIPPING
FREE Shipping on all rentals
from our warehouse to your address. Return Shipping is also FREE and EASY. We will send UPS back to your delivery address with a pre-paid shipping label to pick up the rental chair in it’s original box.
Rental Chairs are only available in North America.

RENTAL OPTION #2
Our RENT-to-OWN Program is very popular with people wanting a monthly payment option. Each rental chair can be rented for a total of 9-monthly payments after which you will OWN the chair. Each rental chair comes with our 3-Year Warranty, which starts the day UPS delivers the chair to your door.
At any time during the 9-months you can call us to get PAYOFF on the rental chair and stop the monthly billing. Payoff quotes are good until your next scheduled monthly payment. We will give you the discounted purchase price for the rental chair in your possession, and deduct any and all payments you have made to date. This will give you the total payoff purchase price of the rental chair.
What to Expect
All rental chairs the next business day, and your credit card will be billed automatically every month on the day you started renting the chair. We will bill your card every month until you make 9-consecutive monthlypayments or you decide to ship the chair back to us.
We will run a Soft Credit Check to determine if you will be charged an additional Security Fee or Not. This Additional Security Fee is NON-REFUNDABLE when the rental chair is shipped back.
Whether you choose the Regular or Heavy-Duty model size, we will ship you the next available color. You DO NOT get to pick the color of your rental chair.
FREE SHIPPING
from our warehouse to your address. Return Shipping is also FREE and EASY. We will send UPS back to your delivery address with a pre-paid shipping label to pick up the rental chair in it’s original box.

RENTAL OPTION #3
We understand that sometimes you may need a travel electric wheelchair for a brief period of time. We offer our “Get Back on Your Feet” Monthly Rental Program. You can now rent one of our wheelchairs monthly until you no longer need it…CANCEL ANYTIME!!
When you’re finished renting, just put the chair back in its original packaging and CALL US. We will have UPS come to your address, with a pre-printed shipping label to pick up the rental chair. Once we receive the chair we will cancel your scheduled monthly payments.
What to Expect
All rental chairs the next business day, and your credit card will be billed automatically every month on the day you started renting the chair. We will bill your card every monthly until you call us to ship the chair back to us.
FREE SHIPPING

Rentals Chairs Come from New Wheelchair Inventory (10% is Allocated to Rentals)

At this time...and really most of the time
Rental Payment: $275/month
All Regular Rentals are Currently Out

Rental Payment: $350/month
All HD Rentals are Currently Out

IS YOUR CHAIR NOT AVAILABLE? - GET ON THE RENTAL CHAIR WAITING LIST

So for the Option #3 rental by month, the regular size FoldandGoWheelchair rents for about $9.00 per day over a month of use. And for the heavy-duty size FoldandGoWheelchair rents for about $11.25 per day over a month of use.

You ask them if you could have it delivered to your WDW resort and to pick it up on departure. Since it says you can cancel anytime.

Of course the more days you need it at WDW the better deal it would be for you.

Two weeks might look like $18.00 and $22.50 per day for two weeks. It might be worth if you just wanted to try it before buying it.

I would call to ask your questions and to see what you would like to do and what they could do for you.

Last edited:
Fold and Go doesn’t rent in Orlando anymore. You can however, rent one for a month, up to 9 months, but that would most likely involve you having to take it on a plane and depending on airline, it might end up damaged.

I wish they still offered rentals in Disney so that I could have one down there and not worry about taking my personal one on the plane.

I was seriously wanting to try it out next time, since it is basically now my first choice as a replacement for Angus (when the time comes).

https://www.foldandgowheelchairs.com/rent-folding-electric-wheelchair/

...So for the Option #3 rental by month, the regular size FoldandGoWheelchair rents for about $9.00 per day over a month of use. And for the heavy-duty size FoldandGoWheelchair rents for about $11.25 per day over a month of use.

You ask them if you could have it delivered to your WDW resort and to pick it up on departure. Since it says you can cancel anytime.

Of course the more days you need it at WDW the better deal it would be for you.

Two weeks might look like $18.00 and $22.50 per day for two weeks. It might be worth if you just wanted to try it before buying it.

I would call to ask your questions and to see what you would like to do and what they could do for you.

I may call them and see - every time I check the website, it says all the rental units are out (which speaks VOLUMES about how everyone must feel about their product!) but the first consideration I have before purchase (or even a trial rental) is how I would get it in and out of my Kia Soul... Right now, I can still lift Angus in and out on my own, so I am still fully independent, and that's still a huge consideration for me.

I was seriously wanting to try it out next time, since it is basically now my first choice as a replacement for Angus (when the time comes).

I may call them and see - every time I check the website, it says all the rental units are out (which speaks VOLUMES about how everyone must feel about their product!) but the first consideration I have before purchase (or even a trial rental) is how I would get it in and out of my Kia Soul... Right now, I can still lift Angus in and out on my own, so I am still fully independent, and that's still a huge consideration for me.

Here’s a couple of videos that shows you how to do that.

Regular Size:

Heavy Duty:

Here’s a couple of videos that shows you how to do that.

Regular Size:

Heavy Duty:

Yes - Thank you! I have seen those videos! My concerns would probably be answered if I could actually try it myself, but I am just not certain I will be able to lift the chair adequately to get it into my car, and it's a spendy little proposition if I can't! When I get closer to actually purchasing I am going to reach out to the company for sure. They seem like they are pretty chill, and I am looking seriously at adding several of the accessories that they sell right off the bat. I really do like everything I see about it; it just comes down to being able to load/unload by myself, and with my condition continuing to deteriorate, and nothing to be done to stop it... I have to think ahead a bit more :)

I'm (for the moment) still able to use my TravelScoot, (as well as load/unload it on my own) because it weighs 35 pounds without me. With the recent seat modifications we did, it's actually proving to be much more comfortable than I thought it might. I love Angus, and I'm going to try and hang on to him for as long as I can! :)

Yes - Thank you! I have seen those videos! My concerns would probably be answered if I could actually try it myself, but I am just not certain I will be able to lift the chair adequately to get it into my car, and it's a spendy little proposition if I can't! When I get closer to actually purchasing I am going to reach out to the company for sure. They seem like they are pretty chill, and I am looking seriously at adding several of the accessories that they sell right off the bat. I really do like everything I see about it; it just comes down to being able to load/unload by myself, and with my condition continuing to deteriorate, and nothing to be done to stop it... I have to think ahead a bit more :)

I'm (for the moment) still able to use my TravelScoot, (as well as load/unload it on my own) because it weighs 35 pounds without me. With the recent seat modifications we did, it's actually proving to be much more comfortable than I thought it might. I love Angus, and I'm going to try and hang on to him for as long as I can! :)

Cool. Just a fair warning, recently Fold and Go was targeted by scammers that are trying to pass it off as their own invention on Facebook for only $200 when the real thing is $2800. If you are gonna get one, make sure that you go to their actual Site and not from one of those scammers on Facebook.

IIRC the regular duty model is 46 lbs and the heavy duty is 55 lbs. You can also do your own modifications to it like add different accessories (Like these cute Mickey Ear bag clips for the back.) or you can even add a more comfortable seat cushion like this one on Spinlife.

And I think that they’re still deciding on an easier way for people to get it in/out of the car, but no word yet on what that might be.

I have only rented an SUV once using my Fold and Go Wheelchair and I got lucky with the rental of an SUV with a flat rear entrance door that was level to the rear opening instead of a drop down like you might see in a car trunk.

I own the heavy duty version and I carried a bath towel with me and placed it sideways over the bumper and into the rear SUV area that I was loading into.

I closed the wheelchairs with the wheels facing the rear of the SUV area and up close to the bumper.

My plane was not to lift my wheelchair and put it directly in.

My plan was to lean against the wheelchair and rear of the SUV to lift the wheelchair from the bottom metal area and to get it half of the way up to a tipping point into the SUV.

The towel helped slide my wheelchair up and over the edge.

Once I reached the halfway point, my wheelchair tipped forward and it became much easier.

I still lifted the bottom of my wheelchair and with the wheels on the bottom, I was able to push and roll the wheelchair all of the way into the SUV with the help of the towel and wheelchair wheels.

Then I locked the rear wheels again and just folded the towel into the SUV.

I reversed the process when removing the wheelchair.

I don't like to do it often and that is why I like WDW. I can fly, use DME, and use WDW transportation without me lifting it.

I thought about buying a collapsible ramp, or rather two ramps to roll the closed wheelchair into the rear of a rental SUV.

Since the Fold and Go Wheelchair folds front to back instead of side to side like a manual wheelchair, I can use this advantage of the four wheels to roll it up and into the rear of the SUV.

At least that is my theory.

I am still waiting for the company to come out with a lift that they are designing. I don't know what it will look like or how it will work or much it will cost, but if it is made especially for their wheelchair, I am interested.

Anyway, it is far easier than taking apart a mobility scooter, loading each piece and reversing the process and putting it together again.

My Fold and Go Wheelchair is all one piece. I don't even remove the joystick like I would on an Airline.

This isn't my photo, but this is just about what my heavy duty Fold and Go Wheelchair looks like when it is folded and rolled up to the bumper of an SUV. And I used a towel instead.

I would leave it in freewheel mode.

I would lift it using those cross bars between the two large rear wheels. So I had a good grib on the heavy part at the bar and I would lean against the wheelchair and SUV as I lifted and slid the wheelchair to a space between the front and rear wheels.

For me, this was the tipping point.

Then the front wheels are ready and positioned to roll forward automatically.

Then with less lifting and more pushing until the rear wheels touch the SUV floor until it is inside the SUV.

I lock the freewheels and push any protruding towel around the wheelchair and close the SUV rear door.

I reverse the procedure when I take it out.

uv.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!