Power options for camping no hook-ups

I'll fly for this Mickey Mouse outfit!
Want to go to some local campgrounds with no hook-ups, but still use lights, water pump...was wondering if anyone uses a solar set up for power or battery charging for their trailer. I will not get anyone to go along if we can’t have pump for shower/toilet (only pit toilets at some of the places). I know there are some quiet generators, but not really the route I wanted to go.

If you're like me, with my TT the pump and lights, even the fan for the heater will run on the 12V. If your trailer battery goes low, I hook mine back to the truck and let the truck idle during the time I'm showering or need more juice and it keeps it all running for me. Not sure if that's what looking at but that's what I've done.

Haven't tried the solar. Most of the places I camp are shaded and figured if I could just hook back up to the truck then it wasn't worth the cost of the solar, but that's just my camping style, could be very different for others.

I haven't tried solar either. My friends old T@b came with a solar hookup, but they always went places with electric.

When I used to dry camp at races (think camping in the middle of a field with nothing), I had double Group 29 (large) deep cycle 12 volt batteries. They would run everything 12 volt (refrigerator, lights, water pump, TV on an inverter) for days. I would even dry camp in cold weather running the furnace and they would last a couple of days before I had to fire up the generator.

I'm not sure what size battery the new 5er has. It must be lawn tractor size though, because it couldn't keep the refrigerator running on LP for 4 days at Disney last year when we were waiting for the Fort to re-open after Irma.

j

HMMM let me see. PROBLEM : You Need to keep batteries topped in order to power a variety of appliances minus a ready shore line hook up electricity source add in TWO teenage boys. ANSWER: Pedal powered alternators li

I guess I would be curious how long battery actually lasts on its own as I haven't really tried before. I suppose running car as the "charging station" could work too. May just have to try it sometime and see what happens. Fridge, few lights at night, and water pump for a few quick showers and sink use.

Check to see what size battery you have. If it is at least a normal size car battery, I'd think you could do 2-3 days running the minimal things you mentioned.

j

Power will be less of a problem than having enough fresh water for showers and anything else you need water for.

It’s a 12 volt deep cycle marine battery... “car sized” ...new last year....I keep it on a trickle charger in basement when not using trailer. We can do quickie showers with just on and off for getting wet and rinsing... otherwise toothbrushing and quick washes of hands..oh, toilet too, I guess. I THINK I can make water last.... well, at any rate, guess it’ll just be a try and see type of thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!