Potoon Boat vs Breathless Boat??

ecugrad2003

Earning My Ears
We are going on our honeymoon and I've seen pictures of the Breathless..boat...very nice and romantic.
I was wondering opinions on the Pooton boat? Can you get up and walk around on it? I know you can bring food/drink unlike Breathless..but how is it for viewing..w/ the Tarp on it??

Just an FYI, you can also ahve food on Breathless.

Anne

I just did the pontoon boat with my husband and 5 other DISers. I had a great experience watching the WISHES fireworks from it. Our driver was very personable and there was plenty of room. Yes, you could get up and walk around. Also the canopy can be pulled back so there isn't a tarp over you (although this would not have been in our way anyway).

We had a nice tour of Bay Lake and the sourounding resorts and even saw part of the Electrical Water Pageant . It isn't a "speed boat" but was able to go quicker than I expected.

We just brought beverages aboard but it would have been quite pleasant to have sandwiches or something too. There wasn't really a "table" or anywhere to sit anything big. The drinks kind of fit along the ledge of the boat.

If you have unlimited money, go ahead and do the Breathless, it's beautiful. But the pontoons are an excellent value, only $125 for a slightly over an hour experience.

Brenda

We did the Breathless in 02. That boat is a brass and wooden wonder. You take the same route as the pontoon boats. Don’t expect to go fast, it’s not allowed, as it would cause wakes for the pontoon boats. The time goes so quick, I’m not sure that I would bring food. We did bring a bottle of champagne, opened it up just before the show and ended up finishing it on a park bench after the ride. Mmmmmmmmmm ………………………………………………………………………………………………Sorry got to day dreaming…. Yes it cost a bit and it’s not some thing that I’d do often but, it was one of the mostest bestest things we’ve ever done in WDW.

Brenda - how were the fireworks from the boat? I am going in October and torn between the Illuminations cruise nad Wishes. We have done Illuminations before and LOVE it. Would we be disappointed by what we can see for the Wishes?

Thanks!

Pumbaa_

I've never done an Illuminations cruise so I can't compare it that way. Have you seen Wishes before? If not, I would definitely suggest at some point experiencing it from within the Magic Kingdom. The narration, castle lighting, fireworks, are Disney at it's finest!

But this is a win/lose situation. By being in the MK you are immersed in the magic and for some of the fireworks you are "too close" to appreciate their full effect. By being on Bay Lake you have an awesome panarama of the show. You have a very restricted view of the castle.

We had seen them in the MK the night before so we could kind of follow the narration (the sound carries somewhat depending on direction of wind blowing). and I've heard that some of the pontoon boats are able to pipe in the show but none of the pontoon boats near us had that option so I'm not sure if that's true or not.

The weather was so peaceful and perfect. There were maybe 10 other pontoon boats on the water but there was no competition for the "best spot" as we all had great views. Many of the fireworks are shot over the castle.

Plus it was great not to have to fight the MK crowds. The pontoons depart from all the MK area resorts. We had dinner at Artist Point and then got on from Wilderness Lodge . . . just amazing!

Brenda

Thanks Brenda, this is just the informatin I was looking for. I think I am going to book it. It sounds as if the view is pretty nice and we love being on the water.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter