POTC video???? AYE, BE YE WARNED ARRRGGG

disneegrl4eva

DIS Veteran
Please next time do not post direct links to our video files on Visions Fantastic. Doing so creates huge demands on our server and the multiple hits to our database can cause our website to crash. Thank You.

Chris Lang
Webmaster, Visions Fantastic

Aye Aye Capitan pirate:

now I have to walk the plank :sad2:

this is only his second post since 2003...wonder who got the first :scratchin

ps...the captain is a big meanie pixiedust: zaps him into oblivion

While I could have contacted you privately, this is an ongoing issue with many people and I felt it needed to be said publicly. It isn't your fault, but I wanted to point out what it does to our website. I felt I was polite about it, but I needed to stress the importance of the situation.

Just because I don't post here doesn't mean I don't read it. We enforce 'no hot linking' on VF's boards to protect other websites, as well.

Looks like it is time to upgrade the servers. I thought that websites wanted hits not the reverse of it. I think Lynn was just trying to help other folks see what the ride has to offer now, nothing else but...

Jack pirate:

blackjackdelta said:
Looks like it is time to upgrade the servers. I thought that websites wanted hits not the reverse of it. I think Lynn was just trying to help other folks see what the ride has to offer now, nothing else but...

Jack pirate:

I can't think of ANY website that WANTS their material hot-linked to. I think my original message was polite and to-the-point. I knew that she wasn't doing this on purpose.

And speaking of upgrading servers; if you'd kindly foot the bill I'd be more than happy to.

blackjackdelta said:

Jack pirate:

thank you my dear jack :wave:

I'd like to publicly apoligize for not contacting the OP via PM first before posting in this thread, and I apoligize for any embarassment this may have caused.

Chris Lang
Webmaster, Visions Fantastic.

aww thats such a nice thing to do....I will zap you back from oblivion pixiedust: and apology accepted.... :goodvibes

Webmaster Chris: do you have an acceptable/approved method of accessing your web site? A suggestion for those who are not computer masters would be appreciated. Hope you all had a great 4th, not much fireworks over here.

Jack pirate:

blackjackdelta said:
Webmaster Chris: do you have an acceptable/approved method of accessing your web site? A suggestion for those who are not computer masters would be appreciated. Hope you all had a great 4th, not much fireworks over here.

Jack pirate:

Hiya,

I hate to get off-topic here, but people are more than welcome to link to any page on VF (whether it be a forum page, a attraction or show page, etc). The only linking we prefer people not do would be:

1. Hot-linking to a specific image, audio or video file.

2. Linking to a page that starts a download (direct link to a download script).

Everything else is fine and we welcome new visitors!

We also have videos of both attractions over on the message boards at TellNoTales.com. Got to "seaking Adventure & Salty Old Pirates" and find the two threads. The WDW is obvious; the DL one is not - it's called "POTC Today" and has video clips you can link to on pages 1 and 2.

Mods: The link page on the TNT website lists the DIS, second only after it's sister website. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter