POTC reboot without Jack Sparrow

old lady

DIS Veteran
Johnny Depp and Disney have parted ways allowing the movie franchise to go on without the actor . Will they replace Jack Sparrow with Will Smith( Orlando Bloom's character) or new one? Will they hire another actor to portray Jack Sparrow?

I think they should just go with the same world but different characters. I think it could be pretty good if they made the newly established Redd the star. There is instant synergy there and she could become very popular. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Johnny Depp and Disney have parted ways allowing the movie franchise to go on without the actor . Will they replace Jack Sparrow with Will Smith( Orlando Bloom's character) or new one? Will they hire another actor to portray Jack Sparrow?
Do you mean Will Turner?

I dunno. Sometimes it's better to just end a series than to go on with a bunch of mediocre sequels. Jack Sparrow made the series for me and I think any attempts to further the series would just fall flat. I could be wrong, but like with the failure of the last installment in the Indiana Jones series it's better to leave the audience wanting more rather than continue with inferior projects.

They should have stopped after the third one.

I actually feel like 4 & 5 are better than 2 & 3. None have been as good as the first one though.
I actually don't remember the 5th one, but I do recall not enjoying the 4th one. Jack Sparrow was not enough to carry the movie, IMO. Will and Elizabeth were missed by me.

I actually don't remember the 5th one, but I do recall not enjoying the 4th one. Jack Sparrow was not enough to carry the movie, IMO. Will and Elizabeth were missed by me.

See, I thought the Will & Elizabeth story was a little overwrought. I'm in it for Jack and Barbosa!

The fifth one is the one with Javier Bardem as a ghostly captain and Will & Elizabeth's son joining up with Jack. It's actually better than the 4th one. I'd rank them:
  1. Curse of the Black Pearl (1)
  2. Dead Men Tell No Tales (5)
  3. On Stranger Tides (4)
  4. At World's End (3)
  5. Dead Man's Chest (2)

Last edited:
See, I thought the Will & Elizabeth story was a little overwrought. I'm in it for Jack and Barbosa!

The fifth one is the one with Javier Bardem as a ghostly captain and Will & Elizabeth's son joining up with Jack. It's actually better than the 4th one. I'd rank them:
  1. Curse of the Black Pearl (1)
  2. Dead Men Tell No Tales (5)
  3. On Strange Tides (4)
  4. At World's End (3)
  5. Dead Man's Chest (2)
The most important thing that we can agree on, is that the first one is a classic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter