POT (Proof of Time) Race Equivalency Cutoff Confirmed Times

how does the 10k start ? do they just have different start group for sub 8min ,8-12min and over 12min mile . my 15yo son is doing 10km star wars weekend next year ( im doing the 21km )

You are placed in a corral based on the estimated pace you entered during registration. There are typically around 3-4 corrals for the 10k that are started in unsorted “mini waves” to spread the runners out at the start.

When you enter details and link for proof of time do you get a update saying the time was accepted or what start group your in. I just put in a 10k at 52.34 for the star wars weekend half marathon

When you enter details and link for proof of time do you get a update saying the time was accepted or what start group your in. I just put in a 10k at 52.34 for the star wars weekend half marathon

You don't get a confirmation that your time was accepted or your projected corral. I suggest taking a screenshot of the inputted information prior to the cutoff date just so you have proof that you did in fact submit one. Given the recent past corral assignments, I would estimate you will be in corral B for the HM. You will find out officially what corral you are in once the waivers come out which is usually 2-3 weeks prior to the race weekend.

I see that TrackShack/runDisney requires a USATF course for the POTs...How strict are they with that policy?

I see that TrackShack/runDisney requires a USATF course for the POTs...How strict are they with that policy?

Where are you reading that?

All I see (looking on the policies page for Star Wars) is

“We do not accept relays, self-timed, training, trail runs or virtual runs as proof of time. Proof of time must be provided by the participant for each individual race from an officially timed 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon race reflecting results within the last 2 years....

A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following: Name of Race, Distance, City, State, Date, Finish time, Link to Results.”

Based on the past, they are not strict with it whatsoever. Essentially they just want a race that has been timed and has online results. If you want a true confirmatory answer though you can always send them an email.

Where are you reading that?

All I see (looking on the policies page for Star Wars) is

“We do not accept relays, self-timed, training, trail runs or virtual runs as proof of time. Proof of time must be provided by the participant for each individual race from an officially timed 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon race reflecting results within the last 2 years....

A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following: Name of Race, Distance, City, State, Date, Finish time, Link to Results.”

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 12.47.49 PM.png

https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/star-wars-rival-run-weekend/events/half-marathon/
It's at the end of the race specific screen where "Proof of Time Guidelines" is a drop-down choice.

Based on the past, they are not strict with it whatsoever. Essentially they just want a race that has been timed and has online results. If you want a true confirmatory answer though you can always send them an email.

You are correct, @DopeyBadger . Here is the email reply:

Thank you for reaching out. As long as the event was officially timed, has official results (which you have provided), and was accurately measured then you would be all set. All you would have to do is enter your proof into your registration prior to the deadline which is January 21, 2020 for the Star Wars Rival Run Weekend. We provided steps below to assist you. Please note that once the deadline passes, no updates will be accepted.

I have updated the OP with a new chart based on a gathering of all POT emails I could find on the DIS.

View attachment 419603

The new chart is based on a R value of 1.055 for any HM conversion and a 1.079 for any M conversion.

View attachment 419605

View attachment 419604

Just to add a datapoint for you.....
I submitted a 10 mile time of 1:35:29 for my 2020 MW marathon proof of time. That time put me within the first 3 bibs of corral D. Your corral C extrapolated cutoff of 1:35:27 appears to be spot on based on this. Thanks for all your analysis!

I submitted a 10 mile time of 1:35:29 for my 2020 MW marathon proof of time. That time put me within the first 3 bibs of corral D. Your corral C extrapolated cutoff of 1:35:27 appears to be spot on based on this. Thanks for all your analysis!
Have the bib numbers been assigned already?

Thanks for the data. These types of data points are very very helpful. Such a bummer to miss Corral C by mere seconds. Take solace in knowing the difference between Corral C and D is only about 4 minutes in release time and 10% of the field.

Have the bib numbers been assigned already?
Where do you see what corral you're in? I see my bib number on my waiver, but I don't see anything about corral placement...

Waiver (Bib# is in the lower right).
https://www.trackshackresults.com/disneysports/waivers/WaivR20WDW/verify.php
Corrals are listed here.
https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/disneyworld-marathon-weekend/runner-info/

Here is my data point, since it sort of falls outside your guesses - I submitted a half time of 1:53:56 and was placed in corral B for the marathon - about 35/40 spots from the cut-off to corral C.

Here is my data point, since it sort of falls outside your guesses - I submitted a half time of 1:53:56 and was placed in corral B for the marathon - about 35/40 spots from the cut-off to corral C.

Thanks. That would be a 1.0747 (you) vs a 1.079 (what I use). In the actual data, I've seen ebb and flow like this before, but there's not enough data points for me to hone in closer on each specific corral. Given the backside of the corrals is usually loaded with unassigned bibs, I'd say you may have well been one of the last.

Data point: I am about 100 past the first of corral C (Dopey) with a submitted HM of 1:55:48

Thank you so much for all this info!

Data point: I submitted no POT for the full marathon as my previous best time had expired and my next qualifying race wasn't until after the deadline. The estimated finish time I entered was 5:30-6:00 (iirc) and I am about 100 bib numbers from the top of E.

I was pleasantly surprised to be placed that high without a POT, and had been prepared to visit runner relations with my new 2:40 HM finish in November if they had the put me in the last corral.

Submitted 1:54:41 and ended up in C, less than 10 bibs from B.

These together are helpful because it shows the cutoff was somewhere between.

Data point: I submitted no POT for the full marathon as my previous best time had expired and my next qualifying race wasn't until after the deadline. The estimated finish time I entered was 5:30-6:00 (iirc) and I am about 100 bib numbers from the top of E.

I was pleasantly surprised to be placed that high without a POT, and had been prepared to visit runner relations with my new 2:40 HM finish in November if they had the put me in the last corral.

Sounds right to me. Those three non-POT corrals (F, G, and H) are directly correlated to the choices of 5:30-6:00, 6:00-6:30, and 6:30-7:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter